Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Utinniii
Alien Flora and Fauna

In comic books or in old movies/TV shows I loved how they just had random alien things in the background. Oftentimes, they just repainted real things in garish colors or glued things on lizards to make them alien.

I made a bunch of background beasts and plants and weird aliens.

Rampage Lizzie with a Transformer shell

Black blob is some kind of silicon compound.

3 repainted dinosaurs and a dog creature of dubious origins. I’m really pleased with the paint patterns on the dinos. I got the tiny one in a Christmas cracker when I was a kid and always liked it except for the stupid yellow color. Problem fixed!

Walking Footplant: I needed to make a mold to replace a missing Abomination foot. I decided to turn it into a creeping plant. Stalks are from an aquatic toy set.

Colorful slime plant: I’m really pleased with this one. It was the base of a Yujin toy. It was water splashing up. I repainted it and added the hair from an Anime figure.

Crystal life from: It chimes and scintillates to communicate. I added a sheen to the base of a random toy.

Purple ooze: One of my tubes of paint was drying out so I made these from the semi solid paint.

Jellyfish like aliens: The larger one is some kind of missle. The smaller one (I really like) is a Rhyu Streetfighter blast.

Slime Tentacle: 2 random parts put together. I based this one off of early Cane Addis designs.

Rock Lifeform: The custom painted dragon is actually just the meal for the Rock beneath it. It has the ability to change its consistency so in one second, the lizard is sitting on rock, but the next, it sinks into mud, only to be trapped in rock again to be slowly digested. The rock is dried out modelling clay and the green tendril plants (technically a third life form) are the plastic remains of drilling out green plastic (Waste not want not!). The rock allows them to remain as camouflage.
By Utinniii
Backgrounders Batch 1
These are the aliens that would be seen in the background of a movie or comic. Nothing really interesting, or complex; but neat to see.

Bug head: Mctoy body with a bug head (kind one throws at a window and watches it slime down).
4 eyes: Halloween Candy head lid with a Stargate body.
Ginger: Gundam body with a 3D printed head. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:166218
Reptoid: Jurassic Cheap toy body and cheap toy head (back has a human face).
Orctoid: Jurassic Park body and LOTR door accessory head
Reclining Oxenkinder: Beyblade top head with cheapo soldier body
Marty McFly: TMNT Kree-O head on a Anime body
Snouty McSnoutface: Cheapo warrior toy with Milliput face
Stoic Priest: BurgerKing Rasputin with a coral rock I found.
Tribesmen: Off brand toy repainted.

Background Aquatic Species
The flash washes out the painting on these figures, but they are quite textured.

Cuttlefishhead: I had a broken King in a bag of toys so instead of throwing it out, I made this. The head was an early sculpt by me. It was based off a Babylon 5 alien.
Nectocaris pteryxhead: SW II Jedi keychain with a cast of a prehistoric cephalopod Nectocaris pteryx.
Reptihead: Dollarstore alien with a cast of a reptile head (MOTU?)
By Utinniii
Avian Alien
Xenobiologists have trouble categorizing this one. It has both avian and gastropod characteristics yet also carries its eggs in a pouch, like a marsupial.

Head. Arms: Beyblade? Top parts
Body: Upside down cheapo dragon figure with a bit of Greenstuff to lengthen the tentacles
Tail: Mctoy Monster Inc lizard monster

Golamian Slug alien

Head: Kit Fisto with face removed
Body: MIB slug waiter
Hands: Real shellfish claws from a weird lobster/crab thing
By Utinniii
Jodo wrote:Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent of Kenner and the upside down squid head!

It is amazing how many new "heads" one can get by turning an existing head to a different angle. I'll be making a few more hopefully soon.
I hope the Kenner Retro figures come out with the Beefhead.
By Utinniii
YAK_Chewie wrote:Damn, love the slug alien. That's awesome!

:wink:

I was really happy with how it turned out. Even though the flash washed out my painting, I'm really pleased with that as well.
I did some digging and found out that the claws come from a Spottail Mantis Shrimp (Yummy!!). I remember they tasted like lobster. I've been hanging on to them since 2001 but never had a good figure to put them on. Now I just need to find a use for the tail (I used one in my Dagobah dio).

By Jodo
Utinniii wrote:
Jodo wrote:Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent of Kenner and the upside down squid head!

It is amazing how many new "heads" one can get by turning an existing head to a different angle. I'll be making a few more hopefully soon.
I hope the Kenner Retro figures come out with the Beefhead.

I would love to see some new figures period in that line. They could always do some new characters in the retro line as well!

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to click to the first page to check out that Rogue One mount. Still perfect!
By Utinniii
Jodo wrote:PS, every time I look at your thread I have to click to the first page to check out that Rogue One mount. Still perfect!

Sadly, not so perfect any more.
Awhile back someone (jokingly) called me Sid from Toy Story when they saw some of my customs. It got me thinking, "Would the toys appreciate their "upgrade" or be horrified by their disfigurement?"

I came up with this joke.

I then uploaded the photo to my computer.
The next time I went back to the diorama, I saw that the figures had dominoed leaving two smashed on the floor.
I didn't have the heart to post the joke until now.

I do find it funny though, that I used red clay by chance and now the decapitated beast looks like there is flesh and bone seen in the cut.

But I have to wonder, did they fall or were they pushed????

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]