Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

I wanted to start a thread of my few customs I have. The mudtrooper is the most in depth custom I have created, with additional sculpting and everything on it. These are the rest of them. They are much simpler, but I like how they turned out. :)

Rogue One Rebel Trooper
Cassian Andor body
ERT head
Sefla helmet/blaster
Coat is from the Endor accessory pack

Mimban Stormtrooper
Wash
paint on helmet
Rogue one 5poa pauldron
Darth Vader cape cut down to a point

Recast Snow trooper helmets
Long long ago I ordered a lot of 5 snow troopers. I did not realize that they did not include helmets or backpacks...........
Since I discovered blue stuff, I decided to finally make helmets for my snow trooper squadron
Commander/sniper

I also made some armor for my skeletons.
Post-it note armor
the sword is cut from a bit of trash plastic.

Thermo plastic armor with a cast shield
Last edited by johnmorog on Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.
By YAK_Chewie
These are great. I especially like what you did with the Mimban Stormtrooper.

As for the snowtrooper masks, excellent job sculpting those. That's impressive and way better than I could do.

I quoted your Mud Trooper here so all is in one thread for ease of readers to find your customs all at once, or I can merge threads if you'd like.

johnmorog wrote:Hello, this custom is the reason I wanted to join the forums. Yes, just to show it off. I'm pretty proud. I do hope that Hasbro makes their own version though... I'd buy like 20. The mudtrooper from Solo is amazing, and I had to make my own.
I do still have a couple finishing touches to do, such as the greeblie on the side of the helmet, but it's basically complete!
Thanks!

:wink:
By johnmorog
Here is my latest custom figure, the ancient Mandalorian warrior armor from Solo. I know a guy on facebook who recasts darksabers and will eventually give him one. Sadly Pre Vizsla is a very expensive after market figure and so is a loose darksaber!

Pretty simple recipe:
GI-Joe retaliation Budo
30th Jango (poncho) helmet - the helmet is removable.
Bala-tik blaster
Obi/Anakin space suit jetpack
custom cape
sculpted boots.
By johnmorog
New custom:
Needs a little work on the paint on the joints, but otherwise is finished :)
recipe:
Thrawn 5poa (body, skirt, head, lower arms)
Colonel Dovchenko (upper legs)
Black series Mosep bineed (upper arms, lower legs)
By johnmorog
I also wanted to post some pictures of a diorama I am making (and plan to sell finished). In the style of Empire Toy Works' http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7703&start=240 amazing wooden playsets, I have decided to make my own. Right now I am working on painting and weathering it. My wife is helping me with painting the furniture inside, too. I am very happy with this project, it has been super fun to make.
By johnmorog
Did a quick fix for my hovertank pilot. I needed a commander, of course, so here he is. Really easy paint job. Just acrylic coated in a satin resin varnish. The red spot is a citadel paint, but could just as easily have been acrylics.
By johnmorog
Realized there were some customs that I hadn't posted up yet!
Here is an articulated Tallie a-wing pilot. It's a repainted Poe Dameron TBS 3.75. I resculpted the vest to look more like the a-wing pilot variant and have since glued the hose in the correct location.

Intermittent non-star wars custom
skeleton Mage atop a Monster High kitchen :P the vines are sculpted from thermoplastic

Figures are not the only thing I customize. I like repainting Hasbro blasters.

I also painted a DC-15s, but the picture is terrible and you can't see any of the weathering...
By Jodo
Very nice!!! I love repainting the cheap costume guns as props. With good skill (such as yours showcased above) you can get a pretty nice display piece for cheap!

Also, I still love your ancient Mandalorian custom. It's perfect.
By johnmorog
Jodo wrote:Very nice!!! I love repainting the cheap costume guns as props. With good skill (such as yours showcased above) you can get a pretty nice display piece for cheap!

Also, I still love your ancient Mandalorian custom. It's perfect.

Thanks for the compliments! I found a couple Rubies Dl-44's on clearance at Target and I'm repainting them now. I'll post up some more pics when they are done. Those are one way I fund the rest of my toy buying haha.
I have another Budo and I'm thinking I might just make another Mando!
By ImperialOfficer
johnmorog wrote:I have another Budo and I'm thinking I might just make another Mando!

What?! No, you should sell it to me!
By johnmorog
ImperialOfficer wrote:
johnmorog wrote:I have another Budo and I'm thinking I might just make another Mando!

I have a source that has them for a pretty good price ;) and they do discounts for bulk and loose shipping. I think they might only have 1 Budo left though... cause I bought 3 from them :P
https://www.facebook.com/203484223770211/photos/pcb.203990137052953/203989743719659/?type=3&theater
By ImperialOfficer
johnmorog wrote:
ImperialOfficer wrote:

I have a source that has them for a pretty good price ;) and they do discounts for bulk and loose shipping. I think they might only have 1 Budo left though... cause I bought 3 from them :P
https://www.facebook.com/203484223770211/photos/pcb.203990137052953/203989743719659/?type=3&theater

Thank you. You wouldn't happen to have any extras of his helmet, would you? I need a few for my ninjago customs and have some stuff to trade...

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Excellent!!!! RC was one of my favorite games as […]

Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent[…]

I swear, your skill in soft goods and sculpting ar[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Any Republic Commando backpacks available in here?[…]

Community fodder box...

It looks like we need the bigger box since most of[…]

So cool. I really like the dark side yoda!

TLJ Purchases and Finds

I was able to find one at Ross here in AZ, I agre[…]