Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By johnmorog
Darth_Cain wrote:Those repainted blasters are slick. Very sharp looking. The work you did to them makes them look like they are made from metal and have the mass of metal instead of plastic. Very cool.

Thanks! The magic of rub-n-buf!

Utinniii wrote:Those blasters would make excellent Cosplay accessories.
Also tanks for the great idea for making treadwell bottoms.

That's mostly who I paint them for. When I try to sell them I usually will post them in cosplayer groups on facebook. I've also done Poe Dameron's blaster.
I have 2 other micro-tanks I plan on using to make customs for the current challenge. They are about mouse droid size. Glad I could share the ideas!
By johnmorog
Finished up a moisture vaporator. It's made from the internal cylinder of a nerf vulcan along with some recast parts and a baby food pouch cap.
By johnmorog
Pretty simple custom. No painting needed. Just a traveler through the Galaxy after leaving his ritualistic and traditional people, his roots of a knighthood race can be seen in his armor and tunic. He decided that a blaster would still help in his travels, even though they were discouraged as a choice of weapon by his people.
Finished up a new custom over the weekend. Watch your speed or you might get a citation!
Recipe:
elbows and knees are from TBS/TVC Kylo Ren (the arms worked great since the sleeve texture matches)
Upper arms from TBS/TVC Death Trooper
Everything else is from the original 5poa figure.
First time I've really gone this far in splicing and adding joints to a 5poa and I'm really happy with the results!

Well, I was hoping someone would tackle this trooper soon and I must say, I'm not disappointed at all :) So you spliced the armor parts from the Patrol Trooper and glued them to the articulated parts? Are the wrists articulatyed? Looks great, I hope to get one soon, too and to try this!
Also, I like the Traveller a lot, great use of parts there.
Evilivo wrote:Well, I was hoping someone would tackle this trooper soon and I must say, I'm not disappointed at all :) So you spliced the armor parts from the Patrol Trooper and glued them to the articulated parts? Are the wrists articulatyed? Looks great, I hope to get one soon, too and to try this!
Also, I like the Traveller a lot, great use of parts there.

So the upper arms are straight Death Trooper arms, it's the same shoulder armor as the Patrol Trooper. The Kylo Ren elbow fits into the DT upper arm just peachy, and then I cut the Kylo forearm in half and cut the Patrol trooper forearm in kind of an L shape along the armor and glued those together. The Patrol trooper is already a 7poa figure, so yes the wrists swivel :)
And thanks!
The newest addition to my mudtrooper squadron:
"Commanding officer Maron Namony rushes his troops into the heat of battle, right behind the wave before. A nearby blast sends his cap flying into Oblivion. Realizing it wasn't much protection in the first place he grabs a navy helmet off a fallen comrade and pushes his small squadron forward through the deepening mud."

Also if anyone has a spare officers cap (preferably grey) I'd love to trade or buy it off you!

Recipe:
Indiana Jones motorcycle driver figure
recast mudtrooper armor (rectorseal epoxy putty - already grey)
Navy commander helmet (didn't have a spare officers cap...
upper jacket is custom cut
By johnmorog
My mudtrooper officer must have slipped under the radar... Anyway, here is the extra photos of my GNK-O (o is for oversize). The main body was made from some bumblebee blocks I found at Goodwill lol. the legs are souvenir cup straws, and the feet and greeblies are epoxy (feet are cast).
By darthvlad
Nice job on Maron Namony. Love the look... would love to learn how to make custom clothing someday. The way the helmet is sitting on him reminded me of the helmets of the Visitor Shocktroopers from V back in the day and how I wish they would have had a line of figures from that show especially the shuttlecraft/fighter.

I love the story of GNK-O. She looks like she'd fit in on Kessel. I love the design, too.
By Evilivo
Well, that's strange, I saw that Mudtrooper officer and thought I commented on him. Did you show him in any Facebook group? He is a pretty cool character and your custom is superb! The muddy paintjob on the coat is quite good.
The droid is fun, reminds me a bit of a post office box :) Clever use of parts here.
By Utinniii
Great Gonk (and other creations). I had a bunch I wanted to do but didn't have time for.
It looks like it would fit in the SW universe. I like your color choice as well.
I had the same idea for the legs, but for a different style of droid) that I'm hoping to finish before December ends.
I also borrowed your tank tread idea for a recent project.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]