Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By localgotal
REBEL ALLIES from all reaches of the galaxy band together for one final strike against the Empire's new technological terror a second DEATH STAR.

-Here's a set of 3 brand new characters and one much needed resculpt. Mostly existing tooling could be used for this set of unique rebel heroes to help populate this memorable scene....

Dressellians were a humanoid species with elongated skulls and wrinkled skin. For most of their history, they lived a peaceful and isolated lifestyle on their homeworld, Dressel, until the Galactic Civil War forced them into closer contact with the rest of the galaxy. Several Dressellian Commandos were present for the briefing on the Rebel capital ship Home One...
-A simple repaint of the Legacy Collection Major Panno, this time including a lighter colored soft-goods cloak.

R3-H1 was part of the line of R-series astromech droids manufactured by Industrial Automaton. Thanks to their Intellex Vprocessors, R3 astromechs had faster processing abilities than the more common R2 units. Given their high processing speed, R3-H1 was utilized with planning the Rebels assault on the dreaded 2nd Death Star.
-R3-H1, who has no official name yet (H1= Home One- get it) would be a great addition to display alongside the Black Series R5-G19. This droid would be a repaint of the Build-A-Droid R3 sculpt.

Ishi Tib served with the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War and participated in the Rebellion's planning stages aboard the Mon Calamari star cruiser Home One prior to the Battle of Endor.
-This unnamed Ishi- I personally feel has the best outfit of them all. He would be an entirley new sculpt. The Ishi Tib portait sculpt could be used again with the much needed and requested Jabba goon, Shasa Tiel.

Captain Verrack's expertise in power systems was greatly appreciated as well as needed by the Rebel fleet. In addition to his technical skills, Verrack also had experience as a gunner. He served aboard Home One during the Battle of Endor, sitting behind Admiral Ackbar at one of the bridge consoles.
-The Mon Cal crewman could be easily made from the Vintage Collection Admiral Ackbar figure. Hasbro even did this in the past with the Power of the Jedi Line. This would be a much needed resculpt of that now dated figure. At minimum a repaint and newly sculpted helmet would be needed. If hasbro was being generous a new lower leg sculpt with laced footware and a new rank badge (it is a seperate sculpt on Ackbar) would make the figure trully film accurate

So who would be interested in these figures???
I would totally be interested in these characters. The beautiful thing is that they could re-release the Ishi Tib 3 more times in the three other colors. The Mon Cal Officer could also be released over and over.
Wow, another great update. Thanks for sharing.

It's such a letdown with how far Hasbro has fallen with Star Wars the past several years... praying that the new TVC line straightens things out and they have a better overall strategy moving forward... and maybe then we'll start seeing some thins like these stellar concepts actually happening.

:wink:
darth_sidious wrote:I'm all for that Ishi Tib being released - love the design. There was a post over on JTA about the character - a tiny micro figure exists, but nothing for the 3.75 range. I'm hoping this character makes it into TVC.

Yes! That article actually inspired me to mock up this Ishi Tib figure. For the longest time, this costume I thought belonged to the Jabba's palace Ishi (apparently Galoob did too).
YAK_Chewie wrote:Wow, another great update. Thanks for sharing.

It's such a letdown with how far Hasbro has fallen with Star Wars the past several years... praying that the new TVC line straightens things out and they have a better overall strategy moving forward... and maybe then we'll start seeing some thins like these stellar concepts actually happening.

Thanks!

With the vintage return and the longer gap between Solo and EP 9 I'm hopeful for some OT goodies to be released.
YAK_Chewie wrote:Wow, another great update. Thanks for sharing.

The sad thing is that these would be super easy for them to do. The Mon Cal and astromech are just simple repaints. SIMPLE. As for the Dresselian, he is the same as Major Panno, just a different colored cloak. SIMPLE. I know the purpose of HasLab was to offer big ticket items for collectors but I think they should crank out small items like battlepacks like this. They can do any number of figure arrangements (4, 8, 12) at various price points
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Odrok : Great looking droids! I particularly l[…]

Got another At-act driver, jawa , shoretrooper , […]

Ewok Love

I loved the movie Battle for Endor, fond memories […]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk