Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By localgotal
The Cantina is the scene that hooked young impressionable me onto Star Wars. The variety of exotic aliens and monsters in one scene was a sensory overload of greatness. It showed how massive and diverse this galaxy far, far away really was and we just like Luke felt like a small fish in a very big pond.

Hasbro has released some really fantastic Cantina figures in the past, however I think it's time for them to release a "battle" pack detailing some of this great scene with some updates, repaints, and never before done patrons. With the limited budget of ANH a lot of the patrons share clothing, making many of the characters we haven't received yet a simple repaint or retool away. It would also be the perfect opportunity to re-release the cantina table packaged with Pons Limbic.

Kitik Keed'kak is a simple repaint of the existing figure in film accurate shades of light green. I was always disappointed that Hasbro painted her incorrectly.
Lirin Car'n the "less famous" Bith would be a great Alien to add to our collection. It would also be an excuse for Hasbro to give us a brand new Bith head sculpt/hands which could be reused whenever they decide to finally update the Cantina Band. He would use the lower body of the comic pack Owen.
BoShek A super articulated update to everybody's favorite smuggler (second only to Han). BoShek would be an extensive retool and repaint of the fantastic VOTC/Saga Ledgends Bossk. He would include new human forearms, new booted lower legs, a new head sculpt, and finally a new collar piece that would allow his space helmet *not pictured* to sit comfortably on his shoulders.
Jenny Han's sweetheart would be a repaint of Camie from the Camie/Fixer comic pack. She would also include a new head sculpt.
Sai'torr Kal Fas Rounding out the pack, this Saurin patron is a repaint of Hrchek Kal Fas. She has a lighter green shirt with dark green detailing- opposed to her cousin who's shirt is the reverse. This would also be the perfect opportunity for Hasbro to correct the inaccuracies - lighter skin, black eyes, and if the tooling budget would allow it new booted lower legs.

Baniss Keeg The second pack would finally give the last Duros, Ellorrs his drinking partner. This figure would utilize the comic pack Owen body and a new head/hands sculpt.
Spacer This guy's the posterboy for obscure characters; he doesn't even have an official name yet. The spacer would share the retooled Bossk body created for BoShek in pack #1. This time he would include gloved forearms, yellow paint job, and his signature helmet. If we can get "ice cream maker" man, why not him???
Mosep is one of the more iconic patrons yet to be made. He would be a repaint of the recent Imperial Navy Commander with a brand new head. Easy!
Zutton would be a simple repaint of last years Target 3-Pack Snaggletooth. He would be painted blue as a nod to the elusive vintage figure.
Swilla rounds out the second pack with a new head on the existing Camie body.

Something like this is our best chance for the more obscure Cantina characters. Swilla, Spacer, and Jenny I feel wouldn't fair too well on a single card - but in a pack like this with some long awaited figures, Baniss/Mosep I think Hasbro would have a real winner. :D
By YAK_Chewie
When Hasbro released the TRU Podracer set a couple years ago, I viewed that as a sign that once ANH was back in theaters, we would see sets just like this. These rock and I really hope these Concept Series updates you have been sharing have Hasbro's attention by now... it would be a true shame if they overlook these wonderful ideas.

:wink:
By DarthDaddy
Love these mock ups. I'd be alright with Hasbro replacing Kitik Keed'kak, BoShek, Sai'torr Kal Fas with other Cantina aliens though. Characters like Twizzit, Tawss Khaa, and Cane Adiss would fit nicely. I could always paint both Kitik Keed'kak and Sai'torr Kal Fas as needed. With Bo Shek, I love him, but I'm happy with my POTF2 figure. For me Cantina aliens only need to be super articulated if they were sitting down in the movie. As a customizer, I would want new and unique alien parts THAT CUSTOMIZERS CAN BUY IN LARGE AMOUNTS to have for fodder and build up the street walkers in my dioramas. Beautifully done and said though. I'll never take that away from you. My opinion is totally based on my own selfish desires. I'd even pass on the Zutton and swap him for a Colonel/Solomahal :D
Last edited by DarthDaddy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
By darthmac
I like both of these sets. Neither one has that jaw dropping combination of figures to get me excited, but solid figures that I would have a really hard time passing on. Great work.
By localgotal
DarthDaddy wrote:Love these mock ups. I'd be alright with Hasbro replacing Kitik Keed'kak, BoShek, Sai'torr Kal Fas with other Cantina aliens though. Characters like Twizzit, Tawss Khaa, and Cane Adiss would fit nicely. I could always paint both Kitik Keed'kak and Sai'torr Kal Fas as needed. With Bo Shek, I love him, but I'm happy with my POTF2 figure. For me Cantina aliens only need to be super articulated if they were sitting down in the movie. As a customizer, I would want new and unique alien parts THAT CUSTOMIZERS CAN BUY IN LARGE AMOUNTS to have for fodder and build up the street walkers in my dioramas. Beautifully done and said though. I'll never take that away from you. My opinion is totally based on my own selfish desires. I'd even pass on the Zutton and swap him for a Colonel/Solomahal :D

I agree there are a good many cantina Aliens I'd like to see before some of the obscure human types in this set. These sets were meant to mimic the ewok/pilot/Jedi sets at toy's r us. So mostly old tooling with some repaints and a few new parts. Characters like Solomahal would require a brand new sculpt. Good news is nearly every character you mentioned I have mocked up and ready to go for future concepts of the week. Stay tuned... :wink:
By UKHistory
I love these sets. The Camie figure really can be used for great customs (and the more we review pictures the more we see how Lucas used and reused costumes and sets).

Mosep is a very great figure for me. All the aliends and certainly a few of the human from Star Wars are great additions to anyone's collection.
By YAK_Chewie
UKHistory wrote:I love these sets. The Camie figure really can be used for great customs (and the more we review pictures the more we see how Lucas used and reused costumes and sets).

Very true, and I love how Lucas did that out of budget constraints so much in ANH... things like that forced him to be so much more creative than he was with the prequels!

By Rogue82
I've been lurking around Yakface for a while now and this new concept series has finally got my ass into gear to register and post something. These mock ups are amazing. Thank you for the idea's and basic parts lists Local. When I get the time these will be on my to do list.
By YAK_Chewie
Rogue82 wrote:I've been lurking around Yakface for a while now and this new concept series has finally got my ass into gear to register and post something. These mock ups are amazing. Thank you for the idea's and basic parts lists Local. When I get the time these will be on my to do list.

Welcome! Check out the rest of the forums too, this is a nice place.

Walmart and TVC

I knew Walmart inflated some prices on their websi[…]

John Morog Customs - GNK-O

Well, that's strange, I saw that Mudtrooper office[…]

Hasbro's should have come with two heads... one wi[…]

HasLab Wish list

$30 would be a hard sell for most collectors in my[…]

I'm glad I at least caught episode 1 in 3D.

AT-ACT

Kind of makes me feel foolish for buying it right […]

Unfortunately haha, it's always a weird run around[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Winding down on my droid factory for the holidays.[…]