Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By localgotal
I always felt the deluxe figures from the POTJ line was far too short lived. The K-Mart catapult and scanning crew sets are the most recent foray into figures with larger accessories. Ideally these would range around $14.99 to $17.99 and would include one NEW large accessory and one retooled figure to compliment it. Hasbro doesn't seem like it wants to budge on giving us playsets, so sets like this may be the best we can expect to help give our dioramas some life.

Onto the first two...
The Vehicle Maintenance Energizer is one of the few onscreen items from the vintage line that has yet to be remade. We already received the fantastic Yavin hanger transport to go with our x-wings and y-wings, this fueling station would be another great item I would buy multiples of. For the figure I originally was going to pack one of the Yavin crewmen with a new head, but decided on the unmade Blue Squadron pilots seen in the hanger as their ships are preparing to take flight. The hanger scenes were shot before all of the various cockpit closeups, hence the plain matching helmets and dark tinted visors. I also threw in a small yellow "fueling cart" - more little accessories to help sell the set.

The second set includes the hapless Courier Droid as he is torn apart on Jabba's Torture Rack. I really want this set, I always felt so bad for this droid when I was a wee lad (2-1B being my favorite droid). This set would include a new movable stretching rack with feet and arm cuffs to place the droid on it. The droid itself would be a retool of the 30th Anniversary ROTS style 2-1B. The "tool" arm would be replaced with another clawed forearm, I also changed the lower legs to fit more in line with the OT aesthetic, and most importantly a new head sculpt. When researching, I was surprised how different this droid was from 2-1B. The tiny ROTS 2-1B figure would also lend itself well - as the courier droid prop appears to be quite small. Removable limbs would also be a cool feature if they could be worked in.

At least 2 more of these type of sets are in the works (one you imperial and vintage fans should love). What else would you like to see in a deluxe accessory line?
By YAK_Chewie
YES! YES! YES!

These are great... beyond great, really.

Vehicle Maintenance Energizer - I'd buy two... and this is coming from someone who is sick of Rebel pilots. But to get a new energy station would be worth it. Maybe an astromech with an alternate (second) dome instead would interest me more, but I still would buy this. I really like the yellow fueling cart... accessories like that are such a treat. I wish this was real.

Torture Rack Set - Damn! Now you're taking! Hasbro really needs some creative juices to get things back in order for their deluxe lineup, a set like this would do just that! I love the design you came up with here, and the droid looks so pitiful! I love his face. I feel bad for this guy.

Excellent concepts, as always. You're putting Hasbro to shame.

:wink:
By localgotal
Yeah I was going back and forth on the pilot as well. I figured he is at least an army builder. Maybe a droid would be a better choice? There is a cool black and silver R2 unit on Yavin.

Thank you!!! The droid's face I sourced from the actual screen prop.
By YAK_Chewie
Your work is over the top amazing, as always.

As for a few other ideas... I do like deluxes, you know...

- Wampa (new)
- Probe Droid (new)
- Death Star Command Console w/ gray Death Star Trooper
- Different speeders as seen in Mos Eisley
- Cantina Booth w/ Greedo
- Cantina Booth w/ Han Solo
- Death Star tractor beam station w/ Obi Wan Kenobi
- Gella Twin 2-pk
- Tusken Raider w/ mini-hut
- Cliegg Lars w/ hover chair
- Clone Trooper w/ mini forward command center

...those are just a few ideas. :)

By localgotal
YAK_Chewie wrote:Your work is over the top amazing, as always.

As for a few other ideas... I do like deluxes, you know...

- Wampa (new)
- Probe Droid (new)
- Death Star Command Console w/ gray Death Star Trooper
- Different speeders as seen in Mos Eisley
- Cantina Booth w/ Greedo
- Cantina Booth w/ Han Solo
- Death Star tractor beam station w/ Obi Wan Kenobi
- Gella Twin 2-pk
- Tusken Raider w/ mini-hut
- Cliegg Lars w/ hover chair
- Clone Trooper w/ mini forward command center

...those are just a few ideas. :)

Great ideas!!! I do have the command console with Death Squad Commander in the works . I also would add Jabba's BBQ spit and the Hoth computer terminals.
By Evilivo
Another outstanding idea, as are the below mentioned by Chewie! I just can't put it in my head - why does Hasbro reject our money, kids would love those, too?!
By UKHistory
I know someone that Hasbro should hire as a consultant. Love the maintenance toy. I would say a new tech (same body with different head) would be my choice. Although any droid would be welcome as well.

The torture rack would be great. Piece by piece a diorama or playset can be built with all of these smaller items coming together.

Death Star console

Rebel computer banks from hoth

Yoda cave

Bespin gantry (I would use or try to use the molds from the Kenner miniature sets.
By darthapathy
Once again, you have given us awesomeness. I know I would buy both sets and multiples of the VME/pilot set. There have been some great ideas of other sets for this "Deluxe" line. Here are a few I thought of while I was "busy" at work this morning :wink:

ANH-Cantina Distillery w/Wuher
ANH- Cantina table (correct scale) w/patron (multiple versions)
ANH- Yavin outpost sentry tower w/Rebel Fleet Trooper (new portrait and holster)
ANH- Turbolaser battery with Imperial Gunner (SA and non-Clone)[Ultra Deluxe]
ESB-Echo Base tactical station #1 w/Romas "Lock" Navender
ESB-Echo Base tactical station #2 w/female Rebel officer (the one that isn't Toryn Farr)
ESB-Echo base tactical screen w/General Rieeken (retooled)
ESB-TaunTaun w/Corman Quien (TaunTaun wrangler)
ROTJ-Home One holographic projector w/Mon Mothma (new SA) and General Madine (SA) [Ultra Deluxe]
By darthapathy
You know what I else I would love to see you mock up? I really liked the Accessory sets that came with a figure and accessories. They were released in the first Saga line. I think these would be so easy for Hasbro to do.
By Raylen
I've said before i could probably make some playset pieces available if anyones interested. For example, i could make the droid torture rack if i had some dimensions.
John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

01. Imperial/Death Star Gunner 02. Death Star Droi[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]

01. Uncle Owen 02. Aunt Beru 03. Brea Tonnika 04.[…]

Choose 2 from the following 5 to fill out #s 8-10 […]

Winners of this week’s Top Ten are: 01. Cin Drall[…]

Help decide the last 5 spots in Yak's Top Ten: The[…]