Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By localgotal
Saelt-Marae, or Yak Face as he'll always be to me is one of the POTF2 figures in most need of an update. Such an infamous figure deserves special packaging...

Now wouldn't this make a great Exclusive!?! I know Vintage isn't coming back anytime soon, however Hasbro has showed interest in keeping it alive with boxed vehicles and Kmart two-packs. Having the elusive Yak Face from the Vintage line as an exclusive would be fantastic. Now to relieve the stress of tracking down convention exclusives - only the package would be exclusive. He could be released on a single Black Series card or maybe in some sort of Jabba's Court two packs (hmm, that would make a great Concept of the Week... :wink: ) We know he's on their radar, make it happen Hasbro!!!

By UKHistory
I like the idea. I wonder about the execution of thread or other fiber for Yak Face's face.

Wonderful suggestion. We look at your mockups and enjoy but perhaps the most important aspect of this concept is how to define the exclusive.

I don't care about packaging personally. Some looks prettier to me than others but I am an opener. No. I rip into the packaging like there is no tomorrow.

Having exclusives that are easy to access is important in my view. Nothing should be so exclusive in terms of star wars figures that the general public can't get one.
Last edited by UKHistory on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By darthmac
They just have to release the updated yakface on a vintage card, easy, easy money.
By Grimace
darthmac wrote:They just have to release the updated yakface on a vintage card, easy, easy money.

too bad all their attention is focused on getting the next new Obi Wan out, this one probably with 3 points of articulation
horrid paint job now mandatory
By JawaKing
This mock-up is very cool! Unfortunately, I think the hair apps at 3 3/4" scale in a large production would result in something horrible. Right now the factories Hasbro is using can't seem to even paint consistently. Yak Face definitely needs a new and improved figure, and something close to this would be awesome!
By YAK_Chewie
JawaKing wrote:This mock-up is very cool! Unfortunately, I think the hair apps at 3 3/4" scale in a large production would result in something horrible. Right now the factories Hasbro is using can't seem to even paint consistently. Yak Face definitely needs a new and improved figure, and something close to this would be awesome!

...unless they made in an exclusive and charged $20-$25 - which in this case, I think would be acceptable. Or make him a mail-away! Send 5 POTF UPC's and $10 check or cash - and you get your figure!

:wink:
By GYRUSS
Great job again! Those details are amazing. I would definitely order this guy. It's amazing to see what can be done with these sculpts by someone who cares. Very, very cool. I love the vintage stuff and hate that Hasbro is moving away from it now. It's what got me back into collecting this stuff after it all burned away in a fire.
By darth_sidious
Awesome concept, I'm not sure hasbro could pull off the facial hair at this scale though - perhaps in the 6 inch line. Either way, I'd like to see an updated figure, though I still like the potf2 version. I'd like to see it in the basic line though, no more $25+ jocasta nu type exclusives for me.
By Raylen
Personally, I LOVE the facial hair and is what would really make this stand out. Yakface is VERY much due for an update. Frankly, I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done some sort of exclusive type promo with him. Its a no brainer!
By localgotal
Thank you everyone! I agree actual whiskers could have the potential to look terrible, sculpted may be the better route. However the hair fibers on the POTF2 "flash back" Yoda did turn out okay. The main reason I have them that way is that I sourced the head from the Gentle Giant bust.

Can't wait to show off the new Jabba's goons I've been working on. :)
By Trooper31
Let's be honest, when Hasbro decides to make the next collector exclusive, wouldn't it be easiest and cheapest for them to do another round of the VC type collection (VOTC; VTAC...)? They have enough figures they could put on VC cards and put out a special alien edition with Yak Face, Ree Yees, and even go one step further and release some of the "mocked up" cantina aliens that were never in the original line. This would be such easy money and collectors would eat them up.

Nice Yak Face, by the way.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Utinniii : Awesome group of maintenance droids[…]

Ewok Love

While this was my second choice, I couldn't resist[…]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Ordered and received these two: https://i.ibb.co[…]