Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By localgotal
It's great to be back. I - along with what I assume is most of the collectors out there really do miss the vintage packaging. I'm not even a carded collector, but there were several figures I would have skipped had they not looked so great on that vintage cardback. My biggest disappointment is that we didn't get key iconic characters like the Emperor or Jawa on vintage packaging. With Hasbro's previous partnership with Amazon maybe we could see a set of characters new, old, and retooled on some vintage cards - similar how they offered the canceled droid factory "wave".

Here's several A New Hope characters I'd love to see. Only one would require an all new sculpt.

Leia The iconic princess would use the body of the Legacy Collection medical frigate version with a brand new portrait sculpt.

Power Droid Another possible way to get this iconic droid (check out the past Lars Homestead battle pack I Photoshoped). It would be a repaint of the recent Target Gonk figure plus a newly sculpted upper "lid" that has the correct details to this specific droid.

Jawa The very first Star Wars figure I owned was a vintage Jawa I got at a yard sale. I love the mysterious little desert scavengers and I still can't believe we never got one during the modern vintage collection. I do feel if Hasbro makes a new Jawa they need to start from the ground up. Soft goods robe (similar to the material used for the Sandpeople) and a separate sculpt for the bandoleers/hood. Also please add decent articulation not like the current "collector geared" Yoda. :roll:

What other Vintage upgrades would you like to see? Check back next week for the Empire Wave! :D
By YAK_Chewie
Welcome back, localgotal - you have been missed!

I'd love to see some more ANH figures!

Leia - yes, this should be such a no-brainer for Hasbro - all they need to do is make a new head, and cha-ching! Easy money!

Gonk - I'm all for a new Gonk droid... using their new sculpt, with a few minor tweaks they could give us something amazing like you have presented ere...

Jawa - Another one that mystifies me... why have they started ignoring Jawas? When was the last time they pegwarmed? I love the idea of a new head sculpt with the hood larger/more open...

I also conceived a Leia like that too at one time with a mockup Hasbro presentation...

...the head for your Leia looks a lot better though. You always have a knack for perfection with your images!

:wink:
By Grimace
too bad Hasbro ignores the collectors now

we tell them what we want to buy, sometimes we even provide pictures like the awesome ones here

but we get the same few characters over and over, and each release shows a noticeable decline in the deco

nice work as always LG!
By YAK_Chewie
Grimace wrote:too bad Hasbro ignores the collectors now

we tell them what we want to buy, sometimes we even provide pictures like the awesome ones here

but we get the same few characters over and over, and each release shows a noticeable decline in the deco

nice work as always LG!

I agree, the people running their company into the ground are completely out of touch with the market.

Star Wars... Transformers... GI JOE... Spider Man... Captain America... Iron Man... they have handled these brands so poorly - it's a wonder they haven't cleaned house - I think the real problem is their company is very top heavy with overpaid execs who are clueless and looking for every which way to cut corners to line their pockets, and have very, very narrow visions at how this could impact the long term health of their brands.

By Sjefke
ANH Sticky Bun Leia is WAY overdue.
TAC Hammerhead is still a good figure, but desperately needs updated articulation.
Who doesn't love to scream, "Utinni !"?
While I appreciate that many customizers want to see a vac-metal BaD protocol droid sculpt for the update of C-3PO, I think an all new arm and body sculpt ala 4-LOM (yes, with vac-metal) would be better.
By YAK_Chewie
I don't care for vac-metal, personally. Just gold paint on the BAD protocol droid, and I'm probably forever happy with classic C-3PO. Would blend in perfectly with the other BAD protocol droids, and also be fun for part swapping. It's a complete no-brainer yet Hasbro hasn't done it.

By Sjefke
YAK_Chewie wrote:I don't care for vac-metal, personally. Just gold paint on the BAD protocol droid, and I'm probably forever happy with classic C-3PO. Would blend in perfectly with the other BAD protocol droids, and also be fun for part swapping. It's a complete no-brainer yet Hasbro hasn't done it.

I just want 3PO to get real ball jointed shoulder joints. I just hate swivel shoulders, even on protocol droids.

... and yes, it is a no-brainer, at least for anyone who doesn't work for Hasbro.
By YAK_Chewie
Scarrviper wrote:It bothers me to no end that we have not had an original star wars Leia since 2004. She remains a huge hole in my collection because of this.

Agreed, it's a real head scratcher.

Hasbro would rather pump out more Biggs figures for whatever reason. There is no logic behind their reasoning.

Kirkwood had him... might have one left. I think […]

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was […]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

Nice job on the Ugor. Now you need to make a Squib[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Alien Pickpocket: He frequents the spaceport looki[…]

My alien/Separatist love is about to shine through[…]

I don't collect 6" prequel figures... But... […]

I've been seeing your stuff pop up in a group on F[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Awesomeness! I will look forward to seeing those h[…]