Rogue One Review (Spoilers)

Discussion about anything related to the post-Lucas movie releases.

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Re: Rogue One Review (Spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Imaculata wrote:
But regarding Emilia Clarke, I like her in Game of Thrones, but I can't remember seeing her in anything else where she was good. All I remember is that terrible Terminator movie, where she delivered the most feeble "Come with me if you want to live" I have ever heard. I'm not convinced that she is really all that great of an actress. I don't think she has a lot of range.

I have to admit, Anthony Ingruber looks like a perfect Han Solo. But as was stated by others, he also has to have enough charm of his own to carry this whole movie. Can he do that? I don't know. Maybe they saw something in Alden that really seemed to work. And if so, then I can ignore how much he does or does not look like Harrison Ford. I don't care too much about how similar Alden is to Harrison Ford's Han Solo. I just hope he makes the part his own, and does his own thing with it in a way that we as an audience enjoy. The original Han worked fine as a support character, but some changes will need to be made to the character to also make Han work as the lead in his own movie.

Agree 100%. You don't want a mimic, you want someone who can create a fresh take on the character, who can make the part his own, not just copy Harrison Ford's voice or mannerisms. (I know I said I admired River Phoenix for copying Ford-as-Indy, but that was just a short sequence that was played entirely for goofy laughs.)

After reading this thread, I just started googling pics of Alden and, while he doesn't quite look like Ford, there are pictures where he definitely looks like Han Solo, if that makes any sense.

Based on admittedly what little I've seen of both of them, Alden seems like the stronger actor and I look forward to seeing a different version of Han, not just a carbon copy.

As for Emilia Clarke...that one I'm worried about. I think she's a VERY limited actress and she's just barely passable on Game of Thrones most of them time (she does have her moments, but they're few.) Sure, the character is great, but the performance is so flat most of the time. I can't believe out of all the potential actresses they could have gone for that they wound up casting her.

Donald Glover, between his music career, his comedy and writing/creating/starring in "Atlanta" is a damn genius. I'm sure he'll be absolutely terrific.
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:32 am

My dog Indy is still sore about us not getting picked for the job. :lol:

~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 6/30/17: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 9!
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:17 am

Poor little Indy! He has such an uncanny likeness of Han too! :lol:
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Nice, Jodo... :lol:

I saw Rogue One again last weekend. That makes 5 screenings for me. 4 for my son.

:wink:
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:04 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:Nice, Jodo... :lol:

I saw Rogue One again last weekend. That makes 5 screenings for me. 4 for my son.

It must be great to be able to introduce your children to a whole bunch of new Star Wars movies, and share the same excitement. These truly are good times to be a Star Wars fan. Has your son seen the original trilogy yet?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Yep, he has seen them all. He really loves TFA and Rogue One the most, it seems.

Showed him the Kong Skull Island trailers last night and he is really looking forward to that too.

He's 9 years old, and it's definitely a blast getting to experience stuff like this with him. It's truly special.

Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Yep, he has seen them all. He really loves TFA and Rogue One the most, it seems.

What was his reaction to the big twist in Empire? :D

Return to “Sequel & Spinoff Films”