Discussion about anything related to the post-Lucas movie releases.

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By darthmac
Wow, Lucasfilm bought by Disney! I had to check this one out as at first I was sure it was a hoax. Episode 7 eh? Without 'older' George Lucas at the helm, there is a chance it could be good.
By YAK_Chewie
From Yahoo...

Disney is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series called "Episode 7," set for release in 2015, with plans to follow it with Episodes 8 and 9 and then one new movie every two or three years.

So, we're looking at another trilogy, at the very least??? Holy crap...

Looks like the TV deal fell through, too pricey, so they went this route. It makes perfect sense now for the 3D conversion... Episodes II and III in 2013, then Episodes IV, V and VI in 2014... then in 2015, Episode VII.

:shock:
By darthmac
There are so many ramifications for all things Star Wars in this. The real OT on DVD / blu-ray? The tonnika sisters being made by hasbro? The list goes on and on!
By JediMerc
darthmac wrote:I get to take my daughters to new Star Wars films!

Exactly! My son and daughter are going to be excited for this---they're still young enough to not be cynical about it---and I am looking forward to this.

And I was planning to scale my collection back in coming years; looks like that won't be happening! :wink:
I just found out through my bro-in-law and friends, completely shocked!!!

Maybe this may not be the fabled episode 7 as such but another movie, say the Fett movie that was talked about?
By darthmac
Personally I rather them leave the old films story line alone and create a new story line in the universe, but time will tell.
By Paulskywalker
Someone pointed out that at least soon will be able to get SW toys in the Disney stores, that maybe thinks maybe they could sell the exclusive Disney parks stuff like the Star Tours sets and Astromech builders?
By YAK_Chewie
Paulskywalker wrote:Maybe this may not be the fabled episode 7 as such but another movie, say the Fett movie that was talked about?

Maybe, but they've said that Episodes 7, 8 and 9 are coming... that should follow the ROTJ timeline, I would think. I also seem to recall that Lucasfilm scanned the likeness of Ford, Hammil and Fisher a few years back... also, we get all 6 films back in theaters for 3D releases from 2012-2014... it all makes sense now with Episode 7 coming in 2015.

:wink:
Community fodder box...

I’ll take the best cop with a jacket and the one w[…]

Tessek (Squidhead) Ree Yees Weequay Nikto Admiral […]

John Morog Customs

Finished up work on my latest E-11 last night. Thi[…]

AT-ACT

Apparently the Gordmans by my house still has quit[…]

Walmart and TVC

LOL - I just worry about how the figure looks. :[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

CT-X3 looks fabulous! I love the design... I migh[…]