Discussion about anything related to the post-Lucas movie releases.

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By GrandMoffHux14
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Glad you enjoyed it!

I think I will retract my JEJ comment. He sounded better the last two times I saw the movie.

I feel the artoo/Threepio cameo was weird too. I think it would have worked better to show them on the Tantive than on Yavin. Threepio could have said his I hate space travel line there... possibly. Plus, what if the droids had been captured? The Empire would have had the location of the secret Rebel base. Well, any of the Rebels could have been interrogated for that info. So possible plot hole there. But I agree with your comment about the plans being beamed to the Tantive and Vader pursuing them.

What are people's takes on the ending on Scarif? It almost seemed like they wanted to push a romantic angle with Jyn and Cassian in the lift with their lingering gaze almost kiss. I can see perhaps a we're going to die here in moments connection, but it seems like it was filmed this way in case Disney wanted a happy ending.

I didn't get a romantic vibe from Cassian and Jyn until my second viewing, but I am glad they didn't push it too hard, but there was something there, I though JEJ sounded pretty good, I loved his "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director" line, delivered perfectly. I am glad they added Threepio and Artoo, that way they've been in every Star Wars movie. :)

Also, I really need to see Rogue One for a third time, been really busy so I haven't been able to.
By GrandMoffHux14
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Actually, the droids on Yavin doesn't make sense since the ship in which the Tantive is docked has already departed.

Damn, you're right.

If they would have timed their cameo a bit better it would make perfect sense, oh well.
By Darth Vlad's Clone
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Jodo wrote:Exactly...that's what I didn't get. It was just dumb all around.

They should've just shown them on the Tantive IV next to Leia at the end.

That's what I'm thinking... or even in the corridor. Plus, another nitpick, why is Leia hanging in the cockpit? Maybe in her quarters?
By GrandMoffHux14
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Jodo wrote:Exactly...that's what I didn't get. It was just dumb all around.

They should've just shown them on the Tantive IV next to Leia at the end.

That's what I'm thinking... or even in the corridor. Plus, another nitpick, why is Leia hanging in the cockpit? Maybe in her quarters?

I didn't really understand that either, maybe she was being a backseat driver? :lol:
By Darth Kikinou
One thing that's bothered me all three times I've seen it is Andor walking around in that officer outfit looking like a bum needing a shave, he would have drawn some negative attention for that!

Woulda been cool to see Biggs!

It gets better each time you watch it!
By Darth Vlad's Clone
Darth Kikinou wrote:One thing that's bothered me all three times I've seen it is Andor walking around in that officer outfit looking like a bum needing a shave, he would have drawn some negative attention for that!

Woulda been cool to see Biggs!

It gets better each time you watch it!

True. The scruffiness would have been noticeable.

As for Biggs, I thought the same thing, but a friend reminded me he was back on Tattooine visiting Luke.
By Imaculata
Personally what I feel this movie needed, is less cameos by characters from the other movies. I also feel that they got the character of Darth Vader completely wrong. People are simply gushing over the final scene, which is not surprising because it is the definition of fan service. But it was jarring as hell to me. The original trilogy was always subtle with its portrayal of Vader. They occasionally showed him use one of his powers (either to choke a useless officer or to fight the main characters), but they never overdid it. Vader's menace was suggested, but deliberately not shown. This was not a matter of limited special effects. They could have shown him use his powers, but they chose not to do so, because they understood that Vader is more menacing when you don't show him doing all those things. All Vader did was let his Storm Troopers do all the fighting, and then he'd simply walk in like a boss with his cool black cape and the menacing voice of James Earl Jones. That's all that was needed to set up a threatening villain.

It seems clear to me that they got his character all wrong in Rogue One. Vader shouldn't even be taking out his light saber for anyone other than another Jedi.
By GrandMoffHux14
Imaculata wrote:Personally what I feel this movie needed, is less cameos by characters from the other movies. I also feel that they got the character of Darth Vader completely wrong. People are simply gushing over the final scene, which is not surprising because it is the definition of fan service. But it was jarring as hell to me. The original trilogy was always subtle with its portrayal of Vader. They occasionally showed him use one of his powers (either to choke a useless officer or to fight the main characters), but they never overdid it. Vader's menace was suggested, but deliberately not shown. This was not a matter of limited special effects. They could have shown him use his powers, but they chose not to do so, because they understood that Vader is more menacing when you don't show him doing all those things. All Vader did was let his Storm Troopers do all the fighting, and then he'd simply walk in like a boss with his cool black cape and the menacing voice of James Earl Jones. That's all that was needed to set up a threatening villain.

It seems clear to me that they got his character all wrong in Rogue One. Vader shouldn't even be taking out his light saber for anyone other than another Jedi.

He got his Saber out because he wanted to get those plans, seems pretty legit to me. Vader was perfectly portrayed in Rogue One IMO.
By StooperZero
that 2 minutes or so of Vader being Vader was better than the 2 1/2 hours I sat through last year .

His selling point in the original movies was his mystique. Now that we know where he came from seeing him go bonkers seems appropriate + he's the Emperors full blown personal puppet at this time.
By Jodo
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Imaculata wrote:Personally what I feel this movie needed, is less cameos by characters from the other movies. I also feel that they got the character of Darth Vader completely wrong. People are simply gushing over the final scene, which is not surprising because it is the definition of fan service. But it was jarring as hell to me. The original trilogy was always subtle with its portrayal of Vader. They occasionally showed him use one of his powers (either to choke a useless officer or to fight the main characters), but they never overdid it. Vader's menace was suggested, but deliberately not shown. This was not a matter of limited special effects. They could have shown him use his powers, but they chose not to do so, because they understood that Vader is more menacing when you don't show him doing all those things. All Vader did was let his Storm Troopers do all the fighting, and then he'd simply walk in like a boss with his cool black cape and the menacing voice of James Earl Jones. That's all that was needed to set up a threatening villain.

He got his Saber out because he wanted to get those plans, seems pretty legit to me. Vader was perfectly portrayed in Rogue One IMO.

I'll go middle ground! I think they could have made him a little slower as to jive up with ANH Vader, but overall I really liked that scene.

And I'll also agree with StooperZero, RO was a million times better than TFA ever was. I am going to see if my girlfriend will watch it tonight, so she can compare it. We watched one of her movies last night, so it's only fair. :lol:
Community fodder box...

I’ll take the best cop with a jacket and the one w[…]

Tessek (Squidhead) Ree Yees Weequay Nikto Admiral […]

John Morog Customs

Finished up work on my latest E-11 last night. Thi[…]

AT-ACT

Apparently the Gordmans by my house still has quit[…]

Walmart and TVC

LOL - I just worry about how the figure looks. :[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

CT-X3 looks fabulous! I love the design... I migh[…]

Max Rebo (no arms) Sim Aloo Ars Dangor Sate Pes[…]