Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
One major aspect of a new movie coming out means that a lot of new products will be available on the shelves (hopefully). What are you guys guesstimating for the total amount you'll be spending on stuff? It is early, but think back to past years. How much did you save up to spend for Midnight Madness?

I told my girlfriend a few nights ago that I'll probably save up for a few months and have about $200-$300 at the ready, perhaps more as images are revealed. Though I was also talking to my friends yesterday, and I told them that the big determining factor for me is how articulated the figures will be, and if any vehilces/playsets are offered. If Hasbro limits the basic line to only a few figures, then I'll obviously be spending a lot less. If there are only 5 POA figures offered this time around, then I probably won't buy any action figures at all. Likewise, if the price continues to rise, or even stays at the Target price point of $12.99, then I'll definitely limit my purchases.

One other issue that I'm considering is that I don't really like the look of the Stormtroopers just yet. They look kind of like this little minivan I park next to on campus sometimes, and I haven't been able to shake that idea yet. As of now, I don't really plan to army build them, but I'll have to see just how much action occurs on screen with them involved. I made that mistake with the ROTS clones, which I thought I was going to love. I think I got like 8 of them during Midnight Madness, however I would have much preferred the Phase 1 AOTC style troopers...
By Paulskywalker
I never budget, i just buy as i go along.
By Grimace
Paulskywalker wrote:I never budget, i just buy as i go along.

me too

I only collect the 3.75 inch action figures and related stuff, and I will want a 27" x 40" poster of the movie
anything else will be a gift received
By darth_sidious
I'm sticking to 3.75 figures only, probably some from both the SA and 5 POA lines. If SA figures are $13+, I may reduce the amount I purchase or stop buying them all together. I read that micro machines are returning, so I may collect that line as well. I don't budget an amount, but I make an effort to always reduce spending because of space considerations.
I don't know if I'll worry about Midnight Madness. I'm sure product will be easy to find outside of MM. And if the figures are like the first part of Sith and Clones (action-figures, low-articulation), then I might just pass on them altogether.

If I did go to MM, I may just meet up with Chewie if he's going and help him nab the figures he needs.

I've even contemplated sticking with just Original Trilogy figures now and not picking up a single Sequel figure.
By Jodo
I had actually considered not going to Midnight Madness either, but then I remember how fun it was going with my grandpa, who actually mentioned something about going again for Episode 7. That definitely brought me back to an earlier time, and I will hands down go just to share that memory of another midnight toy run with him.

The Micromachines are something else that will probably entice me enough to buy them based on a nastalgia factor. I really hope there's cool Action Fleet scale vehicles again.
By Paulskywalker
If they don't sort out distribution it might be a Midnight madness of a different kind.
By YAK_Chewie
Jodo wrote:I had actually considered not going to Midnight Madness either, but then I remember how fun it was going with my grandpa, who actually mentioned something about going again for Episode 7. That definitely brought me back to an earlier time, and I will hands down go just to share that memory of another midnight toy run with him.

The Micromachines are something else that will probably entice me enough to buy them based on a nastalgia factor. I really hope there's cool Action Fleet scale vehicles again.

I intend on taking my son!

And bring my Dad would be fun, thanks for the idea!

:wink:
By terman123
Will def. do midnight madness. I would stick with the figures and some of the ships. But will wait till I actually see pics. to decide, but probably near $300-500.
By Jodo
At this point I think I expect to spend about $200 depending on how many SA figures they produce, and then I'll wait to see how good the movie is. I don't want to jump into everything like I did with the PT...
By darthmac
Right now, nothing. The movie is going to have to really impress AND the figures are going to have to be good TAC/LC/TVC quality good. Otherwise I'll happily go on collecting OT.
Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

"That's a lot of Pork :lol:

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]