Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Trooper31
How much I plan to spend is going to come down to whether there is a 3.75" SA line. If there is, then I will army build those new troopers like crazy and probably get the ships of all sizes. However, if Hasbro cans the SA 3.75" line, then it'll probably be around $0 for anything Hasbro.
By The Professor
I'll probably get the main characters and definitely the returning favorites (like Han, Luke, Leia, etc.), but I don't think I'm going to go overboard.
By Jedimaster-c
The Professor wrote:I'll probably get the main characters and definitely the returning favorites (like Han, Luke, Leia, etc.), but I don't think I'm going to go overboard.

Yeah, my thought exactly. I may get a few here or there but I am not going to go for bore. Depends on what they have.
By Trooper31
At 6 weeks out, I'm still not sure how much I will spend on the big Launch. The only Thing interesting so far is the 6" ANH Luke, but only because I'm a Luke fan.

I Keep reading Posts saying how massive the Launch is going to be, but I'm really not sure how true that's going to be. I mean, it Looks like there's a lot of Micro Machines stuff ready to go, but that doesn't interest me. Outside of Luke and maybe the TFA stormtrooper, nothing in the 6" line interests me and we have no clue what's going to be in the 3.75" line.

Somewhere Hasbro said the only Thing that's going to be hurting this fall is our wallets. I have the Feeling that Hasbro thinks we'll be gobbling up their 6" line like there's no tomorrow. At $170, I can see that Price hurting somebody's wallet, but not mine. I'm not really sure what Hasbro means, but I really hope, in my case, that they're right (meaning a decent amout of SA 3.75" and new ships).
By Raylen
It would be nice to be able to have an idea whats available and how much it will cost. Yeah I know they want a big surprise and excitement but ITS NEW STAR WARS! They don't NEED to hype it. And unless they are having quality 3.75" SA items, Hasbro's not getting much of my money. Only thing I know 100% I'm interested in is the 6" Stormtrooper. Probably won't get any other 6" figures from the new movie unless they have Cap Phasma or other troopers. Given the history of less quality and less articulation, for greater cost, my money has been going elsewhere... big time. Just dropped $190 on a Gundam this weekend. I recently got the $130 Play Arts Boba Fett. That money could've been Hasbro's if they actually had products priced reasonably and easy to find and good quality. And just because I'm willing to spend that much on some things doesn't mean I'm gonna drop it on a huge TIE fighter I have no interest in or place to put it. Just give me some damn figures and don't gouge us for them. You've been getting my money for years Hasbro. Its generally not that hard to KEEP a long time customer like me, but boy, its almost like they don't WANT me as a customer!
By YAK_Chewie
The more we are finding out, the less excited I am by the toy line. Movie looks to be phenomenal, but what we think we know about the toy line sounds depressing at best.

Yes, a micro line sounds like fun.

Some new 6 inch figures should be enjoyable, we all seem to agree the Stormtrooper and TIE pilot look nice.

But other than that, it sounds like we're really going to be rolling our eyes when we see this stuff in the stores. A huge $170 TIE Fighter? And a playset, but in micro scale? Seems like they are really giving us the middle finger, does it not?

Anyways, from what I can tell on the 3.75" front...

Mass Release
- POA figures will be the primary focus in this scale
- Mission Series and basic carded figures = around 20 figures
- Decent variety of vehicles

Potential Exclusive Line
- SA line, perhaps the rumored "Chrome Series" - potentially a TRU exclusive set of figures that would include both TFA and OT characters

I do think there are more SA 3.75" figures coming out, just not much in the Fall, if at all - could be slated for Spring 2016 and only at TRU. Or who the hell knows, once we get past the Fall push, retailers will probably have resets and we could see "phase 2" of the TFA launch.

I do think I'll probably want most of the vehicles coming out later this year, but the figures really feel like we're gonna be letdown. And it will even more aggravating if most of it is 5POA, because those suckers are a complete pain in the ass to customize since the boil-n-pop method is pretty much useless... I might not even bother... which will easily save me hundreds of $$$ right there alone.

:?
By Jodo
I was just thinking how it seems like there's going to be a lot of vehicles this time around. I sorely hope Hasbro doesn't under scale them really bad. Also, if they make Rey's speeder the rider will probably require articulated legs, so I wonder if they quietly marked that vehicle off the list. :p
By Trooper31
They could always go the "Ripcord" Barc Speeder route from 2005. I actually think they might do that and sculpt a sitting Rey to go with the fudgsical speeder. That or they will have a trapdoor mechanism like the old Dewback and Tauntauns for the figure to "sit" on the speeder.

That's the Thing about the 5 poa figures. Besides sitting in a vehicle, they can't really ride any Kind of speeder or mount. I'm interested to see how Hasbro solves that Problem or just avoids it, like you mentioned.
By digktialx
I'm on the fence like others have mentioned. I'd prefer to see how the movie turns out before buying any figures. I'm more into the original Trilogy then the new stuff. Hopefully this new movie really blows me away and I can get excited about potentially collecting some new figures. I wouldn't mind seeing a variety of new vehicles but I would hope they would spread them out over a few years until the follow-up films then all at once.
By StooperZero
Besides sitting in a vehicle, they can't really ride any Kind of speeder or mount.

:lol: :lol:

starting to think my $$$ i spend will just be gas money and coming home empty handed.
By Trooper31
Let me Change my Quote to "Besides sitting in a vehicle, they can't really sit naturally on any Kind of Mount or speeder bike.

As a kid that was ok because that's all we had. Now that we've seen what can be done with Action figures, it's difficult to go back and be satisfied with 5 poa.
By YAK_Chewie
I agree, 5POA is just too much of a step back.

I know some people have welcomed this approach with open arms, but I have a feeling that sentiment has been because they mostly have been of characters that already have SA counterparts (outside of Rebels cartoon stuff). If that's the main approach for the SEQUEL to the ORIGINAL TRILOGY, it's going to be a tremendous letdown. I can't see collectors supporting the line nearly as much as they have in prior launches, unless Hasbro has some really good surprises in the 3.75" line.

In a way, I want to see 5POA fail. And miserably. And for Hasbro to be forced to go back to 3.75 action figures that appeal to both the kids and adult market.

:cry:
Trooper31 wrote:As a kid that was ok because that's all we had. Now that we've seen what can be done with Action figures, it's difficult to go back and be satisfied with 5 poa.

This is my sentiment exactly.

YAK_Chewie wrote:I have a feeling that sentiment has been because they mostly have been of characters that already have SA counterparts (outside of Rebels cartoon stuff).

And this is confusing to me. There are people who have collected since 78, or even in 95 and already have 5 poa figures of these characters (albeit on steroids). And most of them were redone in later lines with minimal articulation, which people bought again. Several collectors dumped these inferior sculpts as the better ones came along, so it's I find it weird that some people are picking up 5 poa figures after they just sold off their earlier ones not long ago. But in the end, it's their money to spend.
Last edited by Darth Vlad's Clone on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

darthvlad: Great looking droids you keep cranki[…]

Community fodder box...

As posted above, Stocos28 is the next person techn[…]

Now this looks way better then Hasbro version! Suc[…]

Looks even better in natural light. But oh, man, w[…]

Ewok Love

Thanks, Joosk! brethupp custom ewok.jpg

Some of the wave one $12 ones are already demandin[…]

It is an awesome figure (that should have been in […]

Ah, that makes sense. I might always have her helm[…]