Image Image Image Image Image

If TFA is 5 POA, will you still play?

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Will you collect a 5 POA only EP7 figure line?

Yes, I don't care about articulation
16%
No, this will be too much of a regression in quality
56%
Need to see the product before I can make a decision
29%

Total votes: 45
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Re: If TFA is 5 POA, will you still play?

Postby Raylen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:34 pm

DarthOski wrote:The 5POA figures are the best if they are done in the style of Episode I figures or Power of the Jedi figures! If you take the time to look at them, you can't mistake the realism of the figures and the attention to detail that Hasbro put into each one. The quality of the figures started to fall when the Episode II/Saga figures started to come out. So if Hasbro wants to make The Force Awakens figures 5POA done in the Episode I/Power of the Jedi style I'm all for it!

The Ep 2 figures with the gimicks were bad, but take a look at the vintage line.... Wooof, Gamorrean Guard, Ackbar, etc.... They were knocking it outta the park with quality, sculpt, articulation, and packaging. It all went south with the launch of TBS. Cheap boring packaging and bad paint apps.

Already I'm sure there's collectors who are looking at the next several years thinking that they won't be able to keep up with the onslaught of new merch thats coming and are thinking that NOW would be a good stopping point, or at least sticking with the Lucas era movies and characters. Going cheap on the new movie figures is just going to encourage that move for people. Heck, I've started parting with my less favorite figures simply because of room.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Klangck
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Klangck » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:04 am

No way, no how. I will spend an obscene amount on figures that I can put in cool poses and customize. I will not spend a dime on 5 POA figures. 5 POA was ok when I was a kid. I am now spoiled. I only wish that we had the >10 POA figures back in the 80's. Hasbro really made some works of art in 3 3/4" . It's a shame that they have slowed down so much. But, I am quite certain that the new movies will return Hasbro Star Wars back to its former glory and we will even see the Rebels figures in premium format.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I've seen several comments about people army building 5 POA figures, and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would ever do that. It would at least be okay if they were in some sort of aiming pose, or at attention, etc. However I have no idea why you would want a bunch of guys standing around...Just....Standing around?
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 am

Before I say anything else, I just want to say the carded sample of Kylo Ren looks fantastic. The card design is awesome, the figure looks great, the build-a-thing looks like an industrial lawn mower, but it's interesting none-the-less. But the figure is still 5 POA, so I won't be buying it. I'm still pulling for the TBS line to have a SA set of 12 figures or something...

EDIT- Every single one of these 5 POA figures look great so far! I'm not buying one of them, but they are excellent sculpts!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Jodo wrote:Before I say anything else, I just want to say the carded sample of Kylo Ren looks fantastic. The card design is awesome, the figure looks great, the build-a-thing looks like an industrial lawn mower, but it's interesting none-the-less. But the figure is still 5 POA, so I won't be buying it. I'm still pulling for the TBS line to have a SA set of 12 figures or something...

EDIT- Every single one of these 5 POA figures look great so far! I'm not buying one of them, but they are excellent sculpts!

I second the card art, it is fantastic (reminiscent of the ac30 collection art).

I'll even give kudos to hasbro on the sculpting of the 5poa pos, they look much better than the 5poa pos we have gotten so far. I'm still not buying for myself though, I may get some for my girls though.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised by these figures. I'm afraid I'll be picking up more than I thought. Still hope there are TBS versions, but I won't be as disappointed if there aren't.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:18 am

Have we ever gotten good figures for the first wave of a movie? I'm not really concerned about the main characters, we'll see them again and again if history is any guide, but the niche characters, the ones that will likely only get one figure ever made and only because it is a movie year - they are the ones I am most concerned about. And they don't have to be 14 or greater poa, just a few more and better joints than the 5pos line gives us. bj knees, bj shoulders, bj elbows for most figures along with swivel hips and head should cover most non core characters.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:14 am

The Professor wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised by these figures. I'm afraid I'll be picking up more than I thought. Still hope there are TBS versions, but I won't be as disappointed if there aren't.

I guess I'm the complete opposite. I won't be picking up any, but I would if they were SA 3.75" and I will be disappointed if we don't get SA Versions of TFA characters. :? :( :x
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:10 am

I'm alright with 5 POA, as most of the first wave looks good with that amount of articulation. I expect to see SA TFA figures later as well - especially for main characters wearing masks and helmets. I also believe they'll have some softgoods planned for later figures that get upgraded articulation. The question though is whether they'll simply add articulation to the 5 POA figures or give them new sculpts...
UKHistory
Scavenger

Postby UKHistory » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 am

Head sculpts of Finn, Rey, Poe, Kylo Ren look really good. The troopers look good. I miss the articulation. I also dislike that the trooper guns are not black with silver as opposed to black and white. All the photos indicate to my eyes that the bad guy blasters have silver parts.

But quality sculpts and quality design with limited articulation is acceptable to me.

I have seen Chewie but no Han or any current age versions of the our OT heroes.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:50 am

I told my girlfriend last night, with these 12 figures, had they been articulated and at the $13 price point, there's definitely $200 worth that I would have purchased. As it stands, I'm not buying one. My girlfriend was kind of happy about that.
!
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 am

I agree with Jodo's assessment: beautiful sculpts and cards. Could care less about the pack-ins and how the stickers ruin the aesthetics of the over-all product though.

But, I'm passing on these and it has nothing to do with articulation. I may have mentioned earlier in this thread, so this maybe repetition, that I'm not going to buy in to the Disney era figures and just focus on new Original Trilogy characters. I may dabble on a few prequel and maybe some of the new things if I like the look of a character, but I think I'll also wait until after the movies to see if I'm interested in picking up anything TFA and beyond.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:12 am

Unless some really great vehicles are released (or articulated figures) I think I may refocus my collection as well. Instead of branching out I may just stick to the OT, with a few PT characters thrown in. Which is to say these figures will continue to be made. I was hoping for some cool OT stuff with the anthology films...maybe by them the toys will actually have some sort of playability.
!
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:55 pm

looks like most of my $$ will be going back to the 77-85 lines........
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Jodo wrote:I told my girlfriend last night, with these 12 figures, had they been articulated and at the $13 price point, there's definitely $200 worth that I would have purchased. As it stands, I'm not buying one. My girlfriend was kind of happy about that.

Yeah, me too. The sculpts look good but can't see putting these beside SA figures. Many of us suspected this move might happen ever since the 6" came out. I think it was Hasbro's plan all along.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?

Return to “The Force Awakens: (2015-?)”