Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Will you collect a 5 POA only EP7 figure line?

Yes, I don't care about articulation
16%
No, this will be too much of a regression in quality
56%
Need to see the product before I can make a decision
29%
By Jodo
I've heard that TRU will apparently have the exclusive "Chrome Series", which will be the only articulated figures available for the film. They've also apparently not leaked because TRU, unlike Walmart, hasn't had loose lips as of yet. This rumor almost makes me want to go there for MM. Almost.

:p
I keep seeing the odd comment of people says 5 POA is a smart move, make some money and then bring out the S/A stuff. One that assumes S/A will becoming and seems to ignore the fact the 5 POA are sitting. In fact when i look at 3 3/4 inch in supermarkets etc neither 5 POA and S/A are moving, one isn't interesting and the other is too expensive. In fact kids are more interested in Lego Star Wars i've noticed, and i wonder why.... :roll:
By Trooper31
I'm not into 5 poa. I might buy some of the vehicles, but I really don't want the cheap, Dollar store looking figures that go with them. After seeing the loose Poe figure over at RS, I really can't see myself being tempted by 5 poa. If the figures had 10 poa, I'd be all in, even with some paint app Problems. I really hope they have SA Versions of These TFA characters because I don't want to be forced out of this Hobby.
According to Hasbro, the 5 POA lines have been a success since the start - in a movie year, the sales are only going to increase. I have no doubt that these figures are going to sell at a steady rate - they will likely become the main line and keep SA 3.75 on the permanent backburner. I think both can co-exist, but the SA line will likely have to remain scaled back, because I don't see the focus being taken away from 5 POA. The best thing they could do now is make the 5 POA line(s) the best it can be so its worthy of carrying the 3.75 scale into future movies / media. Keeping the price low and the quality up will ensure its success, and will likely drive more consumers from all backgrounds toward collecting.
Yes but very often what Hasbro sees and thinks is very different from reality. If 5 POA is so successful how is it i could go out and buy many of the IM3 figures if i wanted?
By Trooper31
If Hasbro wants to Keep 5 poa, that's ok with me. I just hope they feel benevolent enough to Keep the SA 3.75" line around as well. That's really the best that I can hope for at this Point.
Paulskywalker wrote:Yes but very often what Hasbro sees and thinks is very different from reality. If 5 POA is so successful how is it i could go out and buy many of the IM3 figures if i wanted?

I don't know how well other lines are doing - they only said that with regard to the SW lines. The Legends / Rebels and Mission Series all sold very well according to them. I bought the Rebels and a few Legends and some MS figures and I continue to think many of them are great. I don't mind the reduced articulation when the likeness is spot-on. Some of the 5 POA figures stink, but there are also some gems - just like with the SA line. The pricepoint is also a huge benefit - SA figures cost double.
I jus used IM3 as an example as the movie was out about 2 hlf years ago and the figures are still lurking about.

It's a different story in my area of the UK that i see, neither 5 POA and S/A seem to be selling. My local supermarket has had the most recents Rebels two packs and the latest TBS 3 3/4 inch line both on sale and over the past couple of i've been and nothing appears to have sold. It could be where they are positioned but i don't think kids are that interested in the 5 P0A Rebels and i think the TBS is still too expensive even on sale. I want the TBS wave but on sale a 9.97 is still too expensive for me. Lego Star Wars appears more popular and i wonder why....
Paulskywalker wrote:I jus used IM3 as an example as the movie was out about 2 hlf years ago and the figures are still lurking about.

It's a different story in my area of the UK that i see, neither 5 POA and S/A seem to be selling. My local supermarket has had the most recents Rebels two packs and the latest TBS 3 3/4 inch line both on sale and over the past couple of i've been and nothing appears to have sold. It could be where they are positioned but i don't think kids are that interested in the 5 P0A Rebels and i think the TBS is still too expensive even on sale. I want the TBS wave but on sale a 9.97 is still too expensive for me. Lego Star Wars appears more popular and i wonder why....

If little to nothing is selling in your area, it could simply be your location. There are places in the UK, US, and all over the globe where both lines sell very well and places where they don't. I see the opposite here in the US - you cant find Rebels figures on the pegs anymore, and interest among kids remains high. That could be tied into viewership as well - as Rebels is available online, on demand, and TV - I don't know what the case is in the UK. There are hot spots and dead zones for sure, but overall they must be successful for Hasbro to shift the focus to that style.
You sound like a Hasbro advert lol.

The supermarket i am referring to used to move SW quite well just as other supermarkets did, now it doesnt'; so why? It's not just me that sees it, if you piece together the comments on these sites the general opinion is that 5 POA doesn't sell. Also that you cannot find anything in your area doesn't neccessarily equate to it being popular it maybe that your area doesn't get as much stock as many others indicate.

Also what information that the 5 poa and rebels is popular with kids, just because a company says so doesn't neccessarily mean it is. I like the cartoon but that doesn't mean it's popular with kids.
By YAK_Chewie
Rebelscum forum member John Solo recently acquired the new 5POA Poe Dameron figure... so comparison purposes, here it is, along side the vintage X-Wing Luke Skywalker, the TAC Zev Senesca, TVC Dagobah Landing Luke Skywalker and the TFA 5POA Poe Dameron...

I really wish that Hasbro had taken a "meet in the middle" approach and made figures of the Zev Senesca quality... because as it stands, I simply can't see myself buying much of this 5POA line whatsoever.

Even my son thinks they look bad, and dislikes the articulation. At eight year old, I realize I influence him a lot, but he definitely does enjoy toys that can be posed more than these things.

:wink:
The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]