Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By The Professor
I'm guessing that the initial waves of figures will avoid any and all spoilers and then more spoiler-centered characters will be released in December/January.
YAK_Chewie wrote:Just spoke with a guy at a retailer. He said a corporate email just came in. That the Ep7 figures won't come in waves to them, but one mass release all at once for Sept. 4.

:wink:

I know this is just rumor stage, but I heard only one wave is to be released on 9/4...

So, does that mean 1 wave of 6", or 1 wave of 4" or 1 of both?
By YAK_Chewie
The employee made it sound like (from the corporate email he read) that all "TFA packaged stuff" for 2015 would all be released at the same time - in the initial Sept 4 merchandising blast. He said he didn't know anything about the Black Series line. I think it's being considered two different things. Black Series is not TFA line from what I understand, though Black Series will have some TFA items and from other source material.

:wink:
By SlothFromHoth
Man, how confusing. So on September 4th, we show up to TRU or Walmart for...what exactly? A First Order Stormtrooper and First Order TIE Pilot? Are we really waiting until the day it all comes out to find out what the line actually is? What about the online stores? And if it all comes out in September, what's coming out for the rest of the year? Are stores going go all out on Star Wars in September and then doing it again in December with the launch of the movie, or are we getting so much stock in September that Hasbro plans it to sit and wait for movie-fueled demand to ramp up?

I can see where some of the benefits of a single major dump would come from (let's be honest, that's how most of the Marvel movie lines work), but it just seems so far away from the release date. TBS and Rebels running with the line also kind of make me question where they slot in, and what release dates for those look like.

I get Hasbro can't share everything with us, but at least a little bit more information on what I am actually supposed to be showing up for in 7 weeks would be nice. I don't need to see what the toys and characters are, I just want to know there are some.
By Jodo
I think that's the biggest let down for me. I would just like to know what is coming so I can budget money appropriately. I thought I'd have from Celebration to MM or at least SDCC to MM, but apparently not. Right now, without a tentative list for 3.75 scale stuff, I'm really cautious to make any other purchases in the hobby. I don't want there to be a ton of awesome stuff in stores and not be able to afford it, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on stuff I've had my eye on for a while (like the Armada table top game).
By SlothFromHoth
Jodo wrote:I think that's the biggest let down for me. I would just like to know what is coming so I can budget money appropriately. I thought I'd have from Celebration to MM or at least SDCC to MM, but apparently not. Right now, without a tentative list for 3.75 scale stuff, I'm really cautious to make any other purchases in the hobby. I don't want there to be a ton of awesome stuff in stores and not be able to afford it, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on stuff I've had my eye on for a while (like the Armada table top game).

That's a great point. I've passed on a lot of stuff from other lines that I would normally have bought had it not been for the fact I knew a new Star Wars line was starting this fall. I'm going to be kicking myself on passing on some of that stuff if it turns out the TFA line isn't for me.
By Paulskywalker
I know some people were surprised with the Sept 4th date, but i suppose it's to cash in on Christmas. September is usual when the companies put out there Christmas targetted products and when people start planning. So if they kept the SW line back to Xmas so to keep spoiler free they'd miss out on the Xmas build up.
By AaylaSecurasMan
Not sure if I will be attending this or just wait to check out stuff Friday during the day. I did this for the Clone Wars/Legacy Collection one in 2008 but because I wanted to get the Exclusive Holo Grievous and the First Day of Issue packaging. Will they have something like this this time around?
Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

"That's a lot of Pork :lol:

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]