Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Trooper31
darth_sidious wrote:I have mixed feelings about the SA exclusive line, considering the price is staying high and the character selection may be a lot of repeats from the 5 POA line. For example, I think the 5 POA Finn figure is good as-is, if Hasbro takes that sculpt and adds more articulation, do I really need it? Its a bit of a dilemma for my future SA purchases.

I guess it's easier for me because I haven't seen any 5 poa figures and knowing that a Version to my liking is coming in a month or so, I don't have the temptation to buy the 5 poa Version.

If the 5 poa had a bit more articulation, so they could hold their weapons in two Hands, I probably would buy them. A flametrooper that can't hold his weapon in two Hands, just doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

Another factor for me is that I don't know how deep I want to go into TFA stuff right now. I want SA Rey, Poe, Finn, Luke, Leia, Han, stormtroopers of all kinds, ut a number of the Background Aliens don't really Appeal to me at the Moment. Maybe after seeing the film, I'll get hooked. By then, though, it will probably be too late to find some characters though.
By darth_sidious
I think many of us would go for a compromise when it comes to articulation - 9 POA would be fine with me, and then they could maintain the $10 pricepoint and have a single line for both kids and collectors. I feel they want to keep a 3.75 line under $10 for kids, so its not likely to happen though. The amount of products available and the pricepoints all over the map puts many collectors in a precarious position - I suppose all we can really do is purchase items on a case-by-case basis and be selective about how we spend our money...
By Lance Quazar
Trooper31 wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:I have mixed feelings about the SA exclusive line, considering the price is staying high and the character selection may be a lot of repeats from the 5 POA line. For example, I think the 5 POA Finn figure is good as-is, if Hasbro takes that sculpt and adds more articulation, do I really need it? Its a bit of a dilemma for my future SA purchases.

I guess it's easier for me because I haven't seen any 5 poa figures and knowing that a Version to my liking is coming in a month or so, I don't have the temptation to buy the 5 poa Version.

If the 5 poa had a bit more articulation, so they could hold their weapons in two Hands, I probably would buy them. A flametrooper that can't hold his weapon in two Hands, just doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

Another factor for me is that I don't know how deep I want to go into TFA stuff right now. I want SA Rey, Poe, Finn, Luke, Leia, Han, stormtroopers of all kinds, ut a number of the Background Aliens don't really Appeal to me at the Moment. Maybe after seeing the film, I'll get hooked. By then, though, it will probably be too late to find some characters though.

Agreed on all counts. If I had found any figures on that first day, I might have bought a couple in the rush of excitement.

But with SA on the way, I can wait.

As for TFA, there's every possibility the movie could be another dud and I'll be stuck with figures from a lame movie. So I will definitely be exercising moderation with my purchases when they do happen.
By Jodo
darth_sidious wrote:I think many of us would go for a compromise when it comes to articulation - 9 POA would be fine with me, and then they could maintain the $10 pricepoint and have a single line for both kids and collectors. I feel they want to keep a 3.75 line under $10 for kids, so its not likely to happen though. The amount of products available and the pricepoints all over the map puts many collectors in a precarious position - I suppose all we can really do is purchase items on a case-by-case basis and be selective about how we spend our money...

I think that's a genuine problem in our era, we fall for "either or thinking" quite a bit. There is seldom any middle ground for anything. Personally, I'd definitely be down for a 10 POA line!

And Lance, I know if I would have found Poe's X-Wing during Midnight Madness I would have picked it up. Thankfully I was able to come home, hear the horror stories about it, and then make a better educated decision the next morning at Target. I actually still really want one; however the item I have in mind just does not exist apparently. :(
By The Professor
That's a shame. I had really wanted the X-Wing initially, but I hate that kind of plastic. It feels gross and attracts lint. I'm
By Darth Vlad's Clone
The sad thing is- with the rumor of things coming out (disregarding TFA stuff), like dented-helmeted Stormtrooper, it makes me wish that Hasbro would have just taken all the ideas that Local Gotal had posted a year ago. I miss his concepts and posts.
By The Professor
Yeah, I hope the dented helmet thing is just a joke. That's a ridiculous idea for a figure. I'm so tired of such minor variations on characters. There are still so many characters (especially aliens) who have not been tackled in addition to minor characters (such as Piett) that need updates.
By Jodo
YAK_Chewie wrote:I say spend that money on the TIE fighter. It's pretty nice.

:wink:

Well, that thought has also crossed my mind! I saw someone said it scaled okay to the large winged TIE Fighter as well, or at least it doesn't stand out as obnoxiously small. :lol:

And I agree with you guys, Local Gotal pretty much had the most perfect ideas ever.
By Trooper31
The Professor wrote:Yeah, I hope the dented helmet thing is just a joke. That's a ridiculous idea for a figure. I'm so tired of such minor variations on characters. There are still so many characters (especially aliens) who have not been tackled in addition to minor characters (such as Piett) that need updates.

Agree 100% here. If Hasbro Needs a character to anchor a wave, that's fine and all, but things like dented helmet strmtrooper are pushing it. How will they actaully make the damage and how will they Name it? Stormtrooper (dented helmet because he was too stupid to duck)?

There are more than enough interesting things that could be released that would get me more excited, like stormtrooper on vader's left and stormtrooper on Vader's right.

Seriously, though, take the power droid, paint it blue, and there you go. Piett Needs a Remake and he's #1 on my list, so things like that would be nice as well.
By Darth Vlad's Clone
The Professor wrote:Yeah, I hope the dented helmet thing is just a joke. That's a ridiculous idea for a figure.

Agreed. Plus this rumored wave is supposed to come with a Stormtrooper Han and Luke, so it sounds like Hasbro is just trying to use the stormtrooper mold for all it's worth. Heck, why not throw in that (god-awful) Crimson Trooper repaint as well and the Stormtrooper with swirls painted on it.
By YAK_Chewie
One thing that irks me, is if this supposed Stormtrooper actually has a dented helmet, then Imperial armor is as flimsy as styrene. All he did was bump his helmet.

Now, if they just make him a regular Stormtrooper using this mold and the helmet is normal, I'm fine with that. They could just show on the cardback him bumping his head.

^ Courtesy Rebelscum archives

:wink:

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]