Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthmac wrote:
Raylen wrote:
WOOOF wrote:Finally got the Walmart Black Series Rey and Captain Phasma (Cicero, NY). They are coming in with the new wave that includes Lando and Ashoka.

I had to resort to an online seller for Phasma. Only BS 3.75" I have yet to see her in stores.

I've never seen Phasma, Han (TFA) or Leia (TFA or Cerimonial) at retail.

Come visit the St. Louis area.
By WOOOF
I have not seen Leia (ceremonial) at all either, but she is my only missing fig from that line now. I would start looking again though, looks like stuff that was supposed to have been out for a while is getting shipped with the new line.
By Raylen
It took forever but that Leia is now everywhere. Stopped by two Walmarts today and all the 3.75" BS were stocked to the gills. Think Walmart is just taking forever
By Imaculata
On a recent trip to Amsterdam I couldn't restrain myself when I saw so many figures that are just not available in normal stores in my country. So I bought a ton of new figures, and now my TFA collection is almost complete. I ignore the Rebels figures that are also sold in the TFA line.

Right now the only figures that are still missing are Kylo Ren Unmasked, Storm Trooper Squad Leader, and Nien Numb. I also didn't get the ludicrously expensive Amazon troop-builder 7-pack that includes the Riot Stormtrooper and Heavy Artillery Stormtrooper. But that is a bit too pricey for what will only get me a ton of doubles. I seriously hope that the latter two figures are sold in a two-pack later down the line.
Attachments
tfafigures.JPG
By Imaculata
Maz was really the reason I wanted the Takodana Encounter pack. She comes with the chest, which you can open and close. She also has a small blaster (unpainted) and Luke's retracted lightsaber-hilt, which is really cool. She is a very detailed character. There's even transparent plastic for her goggles.

Finn is exactly the same as the carded version. Again he comes with his standard unpainted blaster.

Rey on the other hand looks almost identical to her carded version, only she isn't. She not only comes packed with her staff and backpack, but she also has Luke's lightsaber, and she seems to have a slightly different colour variation in her clothes. I doubt this difference would be noticeable in a comparison picture (but I can try and put the two side by side if you're interested). Her face also looks slightly different, but this could be due to painting inconsistencies in the factory.

BTW. Did you get the Amazon Exclusive Trooper builder 7-pack as well WOOOF? And if so, are those two extra figures really worth it?
By WOOOF
I did get that Amazon Exclusive First Order trooper pack, the only figures I really cared about where the Riot Gear Stormtrooper and the FO Heavy Gunner. The rest I use for army building. I pre-ordered it and cannot say what I ended up paying, but I don't really think it was worth it unless you really want those exclusives (that will probably come out later anyways). The Riot Gear trooper is the same basic build just with an extra shield and riot stick, the heavy gunner is probably my favorite from the pack but they released him separately anyways.

I might get Maz Kanata on ebay as a stand alone and call it a day.
By Imaculata
So the Riot Gear Stormtrooper is basically exactly the same as the normal Stormtrooper, but with two different weapons included?

And the Heavy Gunner looks a lot like the Stormtrooper Squad Leader (which I don't have yet). Is it the same figure? And doesn't it include a gun that the Squad Leader does not have?
By WOOOF
Imaculata wrote:So the Riot Gear Stormtrooper is basically exactly the same as the normal Stormtrooper, but with two different weapons included?
Exactly right, no differences otherwise.
And the Heavy Gunner looks a lot like the Stormtrooper Squad Leader (which I don't have yet). Is it the same figure? And doesn't it include a gun that the Squad Leader does not have?

Heavy Gunner is Stormtrooper Squad leader without the shoulder pad and with the heavy blaster:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/u ... 902535.png
By Imaculata
Then I think I'll follow your advise and wait till they release these figures standalone.

BTW, if you're going to try and get your hands on Maz as a stand alone figure, be very careful that the Lightsaber hilt is included. It is very tiny, and probably the first thing to get lost if any child touches it.
By Imaculata
Thanks Chewie. Its basically the same as I did for my classic collection. I have all the figures lined up next to each other, and then have some of the vehicles on separate shelves in the same glass cabinet. Even people who don't quite understand the hobby can appreciate how cool it all looks together.
By Imaculata
I've just ordered Nien Numb and Kylo Ren Unmasked from Amazon, along with several other figures from other lines that I've wanted for a long time. They should be at my door around Christmas, or the end of the year. Still haven't seen the Storm Trooper Squad Leader.

I've also got a very large mysterious order on the way (I know what it is, but I'm keeping it a secret for now), which hopefully will arrive at the end of the year. I'll reveal more of that when it arrives.
By WOOOF
FYI...There is a repack with a FO stormtrooper with riot gear and Finn at TRU, so you don't have to order that Amazon trooper set if you really want that gear.
Community fodder box...

I don't have anything to contribute, but if it is […]

Custom by nighthawk

I had an extra Jaina so I made this. https://i.i[…]

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs