Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
So... will we be seeing some big clearances on select TFA items starting Dec 26?

Wal-Mart has had a solid track record of marking some of the bigger ticket items down quickly... will we see that happen again?

If so - I'm expecting the Hasbro Millenium Falcon, the Jakks Pacific Vader, and Legendary Yoda... if those go 50% off, I'll consider the Falcon... but that's probably it.

I'm also concerned with the future of TBS 3.75 at Wal-Mart... so many stores never got anything in past Wave 1. Will Waves 2/3 continue to ship? What's the deal?

Thoughts?

:wink:
By Jodo
I think the Falcons and giant Vader figures will get marked down pretty quickly following Christmas. I'm hoping the TIE Fighters get marked down now too, because my girlfriend didn't get me one for Christmas. :lol: She alluded to the fact she did, so I didn't purchase one when they could have been price matched on Walmart.com for $25. :P

As for TBS...I have no idea what collectors are going to do. The distribution of the line is bizarre. All the stores around here are absolutely sold out, and wave 2 and 3 never hit. I've seen tons of reports of stores getting wave 2, but not wave 3. Meanwhile, others stores got wave 3 and not wave 2. It just doesn't make any sense, but then again, I have heard that was Hasbro's new slogan....
By Kryg
I would certainly consider purchasing one of the new Falcons. I've never owned one and if it gets reduced it would be a great excuse for me. I also didn't pick up any Finns from the TFA line.

My Wal-Mart has been equally frustrating. Last night a random Luke from TBS Wave 1 showed up. All the other pegs are now bare aside from a Kanan and two Goss Toowers. The spot that did hold most figures is now packed with the $99 Yoda figures.
By Jedimaster-c
Jodo wrote:I've seen some reports saying Target has dropped the 6 inch FO TIE to less than $50. Heck, for that price I'd even consider picking it up, and I don't even collect that line. :shock:

Yeah, no doubt. I can probably find a place to put it.
By The Professor
YAK_Chewie wrote:Went by Wal-Mart today - Falcon is still full price. So is the Legendary Yoda - didn't see the big Jakks Vader.

:wink:

Give it some time. It's only been out for a couple of months, and the movie just hit theaters. I remember the BMF went on major clearance around January/February, when I picked it up for $60. However, it was released back the previous July.
By Trooper31
Jodo wrote:I've seen some reports saying Target has dropped the 6 inch FO TIE to less than $50. Heck, for that price I'd even consider picking it up, and I don't even collect that line. :shock:

This just seems like a Price drop that came too quickly. Nothing against anybody that finds a great deal like this, but if the retail Price was $170 and just after Christmas, they drop the Price down by just over 70%, then I wonder if the store Manager just wants to clear things out or if the they got a really good deal on These from Hasbro and can still make Money on them.

I guess I just don't understand retail sometimes. I understand this is big and takes up space, but you'd think they could hold off another two weeks before dropping the Price that much. I can't imagine retail will be clamoring for more 6" vehicles if this happens around the Country.

I really shouldn't care because I know the 6" line is killing off my favorite 3.75" SA line.
Community fodder box...

I don't have anything to contribute, but if it is […]

Custom by nighthawk

I had an extra Jaina so I made this. https://i.i[…]

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs