Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Hey man, I moved your thread to the TFA forum. You'll get a better response here I think. :)

So far, I think the best figures I have seen are Captain Ithano and Quiggold, which thankfully came together in a two-pack. Despite being only 5 POA, their sculpts and paint applications are really good. Same goes for the Admiral Ackbar figure. I hadn't planned to pick it up, but it looks really darn good in person!

The worse figures are hands down PZ-4CO and the little worker guy, whose name I don't remember. They both look like meal toys. The characters themselves are shoddy designs, and the figures really showcase what I don't like about TFA's overall new aesthetic.
Jodo wrote:Hey man, I moved your thread to the TFA forum. You'll get a better response here I think. :)

So far, I think the best figures I have seen are Captain Ithano and Quiggold, which thankfully came together in a two-pack. Despite being only 5 POA, their sculpts and paint applications are really good. Same goes for the Admiral Ackbar figure. I hadn't planned to pick it up, but it looks really darn good in person!

The worse figures are hands down PZ-4CO and the little worker guy, whose name I don't remember. They both look like meal toys. The characters themselves are shoddy designs, and the figures really showcase what I don't like about TFA's overall new aesthetic.

I haven't been able to find the Ithano, Quiggold pack yet but I'll be stoked when I do, same goes for Ackbar, so far my favorite have been all of the Stormtrooper designs, and Nien Nunb is pretty darn good, 5poa Kylo is good too. The 5poa Poenanna visor IMO is the worst we've gotten yet.

And thanks for moving the thread! :D
Nice topic... looking at actual TFA branded stuff, not Black Series, right?

On that basis, Quiggold is easily the best TFA figure they made in my opinion. It's simply no contest... his articulation is limited, but his sculpt is amazing, and Hasbro took actual pride in this figure. He reminds me of something that would have been released in 2006 (like the SAGA2 Hammerhead). Just very similar quality and care.

Runner up... probably BB-8 from the Falcon release.

Honorable mentions:
- Admiral Ackbar
- Tasu Leech
- Captain Phasma

As for the worst? There are so many - I'm not sure I could narrow it down?

:wink:
I feel the aliens were the biggest winners in the TFA line, the Quiggold 2-pack, Ackbar, Sarco, Maz, etc were all excellent. I honestly like most of the other figures as well.

The worst figures to me were the ones ruined with non-removable helmets that sported banana yellow visors, like Poe, Resistance Trooper, Asty (though better than Poe) and even Goss. All the pilots and aliens would have been much more interesting if their helmets were removable - its a small change that makes a world of difference.
You're definitely right about the removable helmets. Those banana visors just did not work well!

I'll say it again though, even despite how lack luster I thought TFA was, I would have picked up all the characters available had they been more articulated. There were really quite a few background characters available, which is something I love, but just not ones I could see myself picking up in 5 POA form. Same goes for army builders. Had the resistance rebels been more articulated I would have bought 4 or 5, especially if would have done an ethnicity variant.
YAK_Chewie wrote:Nice topic... looking at actual TFA branded stuff, not Black Series, right?

On that basis, Quiggold is easily the best TFA figure they made in my opinion. It's simply no contest... his articulation is limited, but his sculpt is amazing, and Hasbro took actual pride in this figure. He reminds me of something that would have been released in 2006 (like the SAGA2 Hammerhead). Just very similar quality and care.

Runner up... probably BB-8 from the Falcon release.

Honorable mentions:
- Admiral Ackbar
- Tasu Leech
- Captain Phasma

As for the worst? There are so many - I'm not sure I could narrow it down?

:wink:

Yeah, maybe I'll do another thread for TBS.
It's so frustrating that I can't find the Ithano, Quiggold pack, hoping I'll find it soon.
I haven't found much at all the past 3 months.
The list goes on and on.
I finally saw the Quidditch 2-pack at a Walmart yesterday. I was kind of excited and debated buying it, but Ithanos head just seemed too small for his body. Perhaps it's that way because Qudditch's head stands about compared to the rest of his body. Plus it's 5 POA and I didn't want to get suckered into buying the figures only for an SA version to come out years later. I guess I felt that I wouldn't be disappointed if they never did update them and I missed out by walking away.

And, yes, I know his name isn't a Harry Potter sport, but it's my nickname for the pegged-legged smuggler (now that should have been Simon Peggs' character).
I didn't really get a whole lot from TFA. Maybe a few figures here and there. I think My favorite has to be the Trooper Squad Leader. In my area he and the Unmasked Kylo are the 2 most sought after figures. Again they had to pack them in the worst has pack, with Finn and the now non existent Zuvio.
Jedimaster-c wrote:I didn't really get a whole lot from TFA. Maybe a few figures here and there. I think My favorite has to be the Trooper Squad Leader. In my area he and the Unmasked Kylo are the 2 most sought after figures. Again they had to pack them in the worst has pack, with Finn and the now non existent Zuvio.

The Squad Leader is great!
Hoping to find a few more, only have one at the moment.

Can't find Kylo at all!
I have a Squad Leader, and I love the vest it comes with. I put it directly onto on the TBS figures, but it was well worth the price of the figure IMO. I wish they'd release the baton trooper, as well as the heavy gunner on a single card. I'd purchase both.
Jodo wrote:I have a Squad Leader, and I love the vest it comes with. I put it directly onto on the TBS figures, but it was well worth the price of the figure IMO. I wish they'd release the baton trooper, as well as the heavy gunner on a single card. I'd purchase both.

If you haven't gotten the Amazon troop builder pack, it is well worth the price and the baton trooper is awesome!
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Jodo wrote:I have a Squad Leader, and I love the vest it comes with. I put it directly onto on the TBS figures, but it was well worth the price of the figure IMO. I wish they'd release the baton trooper, as well as the heavy gunner on a single card. I'd purchase both.

If you haven't gotten the Amazon troop builder pack, it is well worth the price and the baton trooper is awesome!

*get it
(left that out)
My favourite figures so far are the Stormtroopers/Snowtroopers, Han Solo, Kylo Ren, Admiral Ackbar, and Sidon Ithano & First Mate Quiggold.

My least favourites are peg-warmers such as the Resistance Trooper and Constable Zuvio. They lack detail, and are just boring figures to look at.

I have to say that I do not mind the lack of articulation at all. I've been collecting the classic line all my life, so this feels very nostalgic to me. I wouldn't want them to have more articulation. There's a certain charm to it.
I make stuff too!

Great stuff here! Lots of great use of parts and […]

Community fodder box...

Thanks for letting us know. Even though it'll be […]

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]