Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Imaculata wrote:My favourite figures so far are the Stormtroopers/Snowtroopers, Han Solo, Kylo Ren, Admiral Ackbar, and Sidon Ithano & First Mate Quiggold.

My least favourites are peg-warmers such as the Resistance Trooper and Constable Zuvio. They lack detail, and are just boring figures to look at.

I have to say that I do not mind the lack of articulation at all. I've been collecting the classic line all my life, so this feels very nostalgic to me. I wouldn't want them to have more articulation. There's a certain charm to it.

Those are pretty much all of my favorites, I was never able to track down Ackbar though.

Frustrating!
I ordered my Ackbar through Amazon. It's been tricky finding retailers on Amazon that will ship to my country though. But by some stroke of luck, one happened to ship Ackbar. I jumped right on it, and also ordered various other droids along with it. I'm still expanding my collection of Star Tours figures, so with the shipping costs I didn't want to just buy one thing.

I've been lurking on Amazon ever since, hoping the same will happen with Kylo Ren Unmasked, Nien Numb and the Stormtrooper Squadleader. One day you will be mine!
Imaculata wrote:My least favourites are peg-warmers such as the Resistance Trooper and Constable Zuvio. They lack detail, and are just boring figures to look at.

This is how I felt about most of the characters in the movie. They lacked imagination or just didn't feel Star Wars-y enough. I can't pin what exactly it is. Its almost as if they chose the least inspiring costumes for the movie. Even at Maz's or Jakku (Jakky felt very bland), it just didn't feel right. Perhaps if they had included Weequay, Rodians, Clawdite, Bith, Amanin, Anx, Gungans, Aqualish, etc... aliens that connected Episode 7 to the previous movies, then the new aliens would have been easier to accept. Even the prequels kind of failed on that. I understand the idea of a large Star Wars universe, but I find it hard to believe that certain groups of species stick to one quadrant of the galaxy.
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:
Imaculata wrote:My least favourites are peg-warmers such as the Resistance Trooper and Constable Zuvio. They lack detail, and are just boring figures to look at.

This is how I felt about most of the characters in the movie. They lacked imagination or just didn't feel Star Wars-y enough. I can't pin what exactly it is. Its almost as if they chose the least inspiring costumes for the movie. Even at Maz's or Jakku (Jakky felt very bland), it just didn't feel right. Perhaps if they had included Weequay, Rodians, Clawdite, Bith, Amanin, Anx, Gungans, Aqualish, etc... aliens that connected Episode 7 to the previous movies, then the new aliens would have been easier to accept. Even the prequels kind of failed on that. I understand the idea of a large Star Wars universe, but I find it hard to believe that certain groups of species stick to one quadrant of the galaxy.

The lack of familiar Creatures in TFA was one of my few gripes with the film, it just didn't seem right.

Thankfully for Rogue One they seemed to be incorporating old and new creature designs. And I'm excited to see Ponda Babba in the background on Jedha. :D
Imaculata wrote:I hate to say this, but the creature design is one of the few things I did like in Rogue One. I just came back from seeing it... and boy, will this movie divide the fans. More so than TFA.

We'll see, I'll reserve judgment until after I see the movie.

Bummer that you didn't like it.
But don't let my opinion ruin your enjoyment. I know for sure that some fans are going to love this movie, but it is pure fan service. Where TFA showed restraint with the fan service, this one does not. Some people will love indulging themselves in fan service. It's just that I did not.
I'm not sure if I will be capable of disliking it, like physically ;). Seriously though I cannot be a critic of these movies, not like I am of other films. Too much nostalgia to muddy the waters. I honestly walked away from the theater for all the prequels and was happy at the time, even with The Phantom Menace. I can't remember many people being critical of it back then, it wasn't until a few months later that people kind of sat back, got over the post movie glow, and said "what the hell was I thinking...JAR JAR!". Rogue One definitely looks better than those movies and I still revisit them regularly. Heck I still watch the Battle for Endor movie. I'm hopeless.
Well, I think much like with The Phantom Menace, the reviews will slowly start to get more critical as people allow themselves time to let it all sink in. But if you're the type of movie goer who can keep his StarWars-nostalgia glasses on, then you'll probably have a lot of fun at the movie. And there's nothing wrong with that, because there's plenty to like about the movie as well. And I bet kids would have a lot of fun at this movie as well.
Imaculata wrote:But don't let my opinion ruin your enjoyment. I know for sure that some fans are going to love this movie, but it is pure fan service. Where TFA showed restraint with the fan service, this one does not. Some people will love indulging themselves in fan service. It's just that I did not.

/
I actually totally disagree, I think TFA had way too much fan service (Even though I love TFA)
and thought Rogue One went about the fan service in a more clever way.
Community fodder box...

I don't have anything to contribute, but if it is […]

Custom by nighthawk

I had an extra Jaina so I made this. https://i.i[…]

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs