Image Image Image Image Image

Rogue One - Recent Acquisitions

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Re: Rogue One - Recent Acquisitions

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Went to TRU just for the heck of it tonight and scored the new Thor Marvel Legends figure :D Last one from any of the figures in the wave, this wave shouldn't even be hitting yet! (Yes, I know it isn't Star Wars but I was excited to get this lol.)
Attachments
image.jpeg
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:29 pm

.. shoulda bought that Evolution of Groot they had but they sold out of them too quick.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:44 pm

StooperZero wrote:.. shoulda bought that Evolution of Groot they had but they sold out of them too quick.

They had one left at my TRU, decided not to get it because I found Thor, if they have it next time I'll get it.

Other forum account:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am

Anyone from Canada on the forums still spotting Fenn Rau? Someone from Rebelscum said he'd track one down, but I haven't heard from him in a couple months. I hope more of these start to turn up, because I have little faith Hasbro will get it back out in 2018, considering they mentioned nothing about future Rebels figures.
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Bought a few more $5 6" cassians today.

:twisted:
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

My order for a Bodhi Rook and Galen Erso figure is in, and they are on their way. I'll finally have all the Rogue One figures complete, apart from two vehicles.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:00 pm

My local Target has clearance their Rogue One 3.75" figures even further, down to $2,38! They also out a lot of old stock from wave 2. They only had 1 Stormtrooper so I got that and finally pulled the trigger on Kylo and Rey.
Attachments
unnamed-3.jpg

Other forum account:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I would buy Stormtroopers all day for that price!

HTS had them for $4, so I placed an order for 5 and a few other things. Two days later I placed another order for another 5 a few other things. They emailed me and said my orders had been cancelled. Billed me three seperate times for like a couple bucks, them shipped me three packages with one Stormtrooper in each, and a speeder bike (which I ordered) in one.

I contacted HTS to figure out what happened, and they said they didn't have enough Stormtroopers. I asked why I had three boxes and if they had charged me shipping each time or what they planned to do. They escalated it to a manager, he said they billed me as things came in, and whatever had been billed was "final". So they under charged me by a few bucks overal, but I also didn't get everything I ordered.

Then today I got more messages about my order being cancelled. ><
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Jodo wrote:I would buy Stormtroopers all day for that price!

HTS had them for $4, so I placed an order for 5 and a few other things. Two days later I placed another order for another 5 a few other things. They emailed me and said my orders had been cancelled. Billed me three seperate times for like a couple bucks, them shipped me three packages with one Stormtrooper in each, and a speeder bike (which I ordered) in one.

I contacted HTS to figure out what happened, and they said they didn't have enough Stormtroopers. I asked why I had three boxes and if they had charged me shipping each time or what they planned to do. They escalated it to a manager, he said they billed me as things came in, and whatever had been billed was "final". So they under charged me by a few bucks overal, but I also didn't get everything I ordered.

Then today I got more messages about my order being cancelled. ><

Dude! That sucks!! Check your Targets for more Stormtroopers, because last week the figures I found weren't even there so they might be pulling out more from the stockroom. I really wish they would've had about 10 Troopers, I would have bought em all. :lol:

Other forum account:
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 am

Rebel U-wing fighter with Captain Cassian Andor

Woa, this vehicle is a lot bigger than I expected. I thought it would fit easily in my display cabinet, but nope, the wings are really long. The big gray button on the back (visible in the picture) allows you to fold the wings into a diagonal backwards position, which only makes the thing even longer. The wings are light and floppy, and I wonder if they might be a bit fragile in the hands of a reckless child. The cockpit pops open, and it has an elastic band as a sort of seatbelt. None of the 5POA figures can really sit in a cockpit chair, so they have to lie in the chair, and then they of course slide down and it all looks a bit wonky (this certainly was the case with the TFA Millenium Falcon). So I suppose this seatbelt is supposed to remedy that issue. A bunch of landing gear struts fold out from underneath the vehicle (also visible in the picture), which is always nice (again, unlike with the TFA Falcon, which had no landing gear at all). The landing gear is strong and well made, and won't break that easily when kids play with the thing. Depressing the gray engine block in front of the gray button, causes the unwelcome nerf feature to pop out from underneath the U-wing and fire a dart. Fortunately the nerf canon is largely invisible when folded into the belly of the vehicle, and the two red nerf darts can be stowed nicely underneath the craft (barely visible in the picture). There are really no decals to apply, which is a relief, and the detailing and paint job are as much as one could expect from a toy like this. The vehicle doesn't have a whole lot of play features though. Just the folding wings, cockpit, landing gear and nerf canon. Assembly of the vehicle is really easy, and everything snaps together really well. You just have to attach the two floppy wings, and snap the 4 engines into place. All in all just very well done.

Bodhi Rook and Captain Cassian Andor

While the last figure (Galen Erso) in my Rogue One collection is still on his way, lets talk about these other two figures. Bodhi Rook is a solid figure, with pretty good detail, and an accessory that is actually kind of movie appropriate. Its a shame he has no holster for his gun, but apart from that, there's not much to complain about. His grappling hook backpack has slightly different straps than what we've seen before in the 5POA series. Rather than having these nightmarish tiny plastic pins that you have to press through tiny holes in the straps (like with the Rey figures), these straps can simply be fed through a slot. There's nothing to keep the straps in place though, but the backpack seems to be staying in place just fine. You can wind up the wire from the grappling hook, with a rotating spindle on the back (no, it's not automated).

Captain Cassian Andor has a some what disappointing paint job compared to how he is pictured on the packaging of the U-wing. I guess they did an alright job, but the figure on the packaging clearly has a better paint job than the figure they included with the U-wing. I suppose I shouldn't complain, since the figure is clearly visible through transparent plastic while the thing is still in the packaging. He has a holster for his gun, which is always nice. But apart from that, he's not a very remarkable figure.
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 am

Galen Erso

This was the last figure I still needed of Rogue One for my collection (except for the AT-ACT, but I might pass on that). The detail is alright on the figure, and the face sculp is pretty good. But it's not a very remarkable figure. What makes the figure more interesting to collectors, is the little Mouse Droid that's included. There have been Mouse Droid figures in previous lines, but they have rarely been to the right scale, and with wheels that actually move. For example, I believe I have an oversized Power of the Force Mouse Droid where the wheels are just molded on the figure, rather than having their own axle. Galen Erso also comes with a pistol, but unfortunately no holster, and a useless accessory that I never bother to take a picture of.

This seems to be a tricky figure to get your hands on, if you're not living in the US. I had to order it through Amazon. Wake up Hasbro! Fix this sh*t!

Return to “Rogue One: (2016-?)”