AT-ACT

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: AT-ACT

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Could be. I tried taking the head apart and saw wires and was afraid if I pulled it apart further, it would disconnect the wires.

:x
ToyShelfReview
Midi-Chlorian

Postby ToyShelfReview » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Wow, that sucks! Sorry to hear. Hopefully this is just a one off situation.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Started taking it apart again.

Jiggled with it quite a bit, hoping there's a lever or something caught. I can't take it apart further without risking breaking the plastic on it, so I can't really see inside it like I need to. Afraid I'm going to permanently damage it if I mess with it much further.
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:47 pm

kids in china put it together.

take it apart and polish up all the contact areas. use your wifes nail file.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:51 pm

I'm afraid that's a little easier said than done. Plus these screws are going to easily strip.

The most annoying thing (for me) is that the front "door" won't close. There must be something out of alignment.

I'll look at it again when I'm not in such a bad mood.
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:22 am

those screws go from large to small ogive in their threading.

something as small as your pinkie nail thickness could wreck it.

If it dont work,

I'll bet my $$ on Yakface I'll send your kid my big AT-AT .
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:37 am

It's ok, just frustrating. I'll get it to work or I'll get it replaced.

Hopefully this is isolated. Anyone who gets this thing should get what they paid for... and not have to deal with this aggravation. My kids are lucky enough to be able to play with most of my other stuff when they want to, including the big AT-AT.... but seeing videos of this in action for several months now built anticipation... and this will go on one of my shelves but it's a toy the kids can play with anytime they want.

BTW, other than this issue, it's awesome. Even under sized, that bothers me... not so much my kids.

:wink:
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 am

The last thing I would do is take it apart myself. Just get a replacement. When people discovered the bad quality on the Black TFA X-wing, they could get replacement parts from Hasbro right away. I'm sure they'll replace this as well.

One more reason why these things should not have that dumb NERF feature.

nerfsucksindeed.jpg
nerfsucksindeed.jpg (42.4 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

(BTW, fixed the image) :lol:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Here is the response from Hasbro...

Hi Justin,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro regarding your Star Wars Rogue One Rapid Fire Imperial At-Act. I appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention and I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, a postage paid mailing label has been sent via email from eMerchandiseReturnAlert@uspsshippingapis.com for you to use in returning the product to us. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it will be on the way back to us.

Hasbro is committed to environmental sustainability and we ask that you do not include unnecessary packing material within your return. You can learn more about our Hasbro's Corporate Social Responsibility by clicking http://csr.hasbro.com/en-us/sustainability/our-approach.

Once the product is received at our returns facility, we will send a replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value.

To ensure our records are accurate, please update this incident with the following information:

- Age of your son
- Date of purchase
- Date code of product, ex. 61162 (Stamped into both product and packaging)
- Vendor Code, ex. C-012g (Next to Hasbro information)
- Telephone number with area code
- U.S. or Canada physical mailing address
- 12 digit UPC bar code from package

Justin, I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Warm regards,
Astarria

It's nice to get a quick response on this... but they might replace with a product of "equal value?" I can't say that I'm comfortable with that.

:|
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Imaculata wrote:The last thing I would do is take it apart myself. Just get a replacement. When people discovered the bad quality on the Black TFA X-wing, they could get replacement parts from Hasbro right away. I'm sure they'll replace this as well.

One more reason why these things should not have that dumb NERF feature.

nerfsucksindeed.jpg

(BTW, fixed the image) :lol:

Ok, that's pretty good... lol

WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Oh man that really sucks, good luck! I have been playing with my AT-ACT for a while now and have not seen the NERF thing jam up, but that's not to say there aren't other defective products out there. They should replace with another AT-ACT and send you something extra for your trouble.
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Making any progress? This must be a real pain in the ass (excuse my French) to put up with considering how much money you spent on this.
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:49 pm

I got home late from work tonight but messed around with it some more. ...and YES, I got it fixed. At least for now. For some reason I think it's going to happen again. This purchase has been a complete pain in the ass. But at least it looks cool now.

Anyways, the best way to describe this is the "front latch" where the NERF shoots out of would not close. The first time the button was pressed, the latch opened, and the NERF didn't shoot. It just stayed open, would not close, and it would not shoot. It's not the cockpit door closing all the way that is the issue (that top door does need to be closed). It just started to fire, then didn't. And would never complete the operation... and the latch "cover" would not do anything... it just stayed open and refused to close. It felt like if I pressed it harder, it would snap.

So, I took out all the screws that I could find on the head. I did this twice last night, and never could get it apart far enough without something inside snapping. I did it again tonight, and jiggled it around a lot - it really seemed like it was on the verge of breaking.

I then started pushing the front latch in, and it finally closed. It seemed like it was going to completely break at this point tonight so I got really worried. I was nearly convinced that it DID break something inside... then I realigned the screw holes, and screwed it back together...

So then I held my breath, and turned it back on and realized the "NERF holder" inside had repositioned back to "load" mode. So, I loaded it up... and presssed the button... and now I've got two happy kids (and a happy Chewie) because it's working now... at least for the time being.

I definitely should not have had to mess around with it like this to get it work. I never could even see what the issue was because I couldn't get the head taken apart far enough to really look inside it. Hopefully it continues to work and other people don't experience this aggravation. If it happens again, I'm going to send it back to Hasbro.

GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 am

That's great to hear!! An ordeal that should not have happened (C'mon Hasbro!) but at least ya fixed it. :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 am

Glad you fixed it, look at those happy faces.

Return to “Rogue One: (2016-?)”