Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By StooperZero
if so it'll join the falcon from last year collecting dust on the shelves.

i could see if it was true 1:18 scale but this is garbage.
By Trooper31
Wow, just wow and in a bad way. Hasbro is crazy for making this so expensive. What's worse is that could have gien us a Republic Gunship-sized U-Wing without the sounds and electronics for about $100 and have sold more units and had a bigger profit than this piece of garbage.

Soryy, Hasbro, but the BAT-AT is the ultimate and you will never top it with junk like the AT-ACT.
By YAK_Chewie
The sad thing is, this toy could have been up-scaled some, and electronics removed, and been priced at $200 - and would be a bigger hit with the market, and retailers would not get burned. BUT - Hasbro has apparently screwed this up royally.

I am thinking Steve Evans position will be short lived if this nonsense (including 5POA) continues.

:roll:
By Trooper31
My dealer is convinced that this 5 POA thing is a planned experiment with the line right now. He thinks that we will gradually (although maybe faster than in the past due to all of the new films) see more and more articulation added back into the figures. He thinks that somebody on the SW team will come up with the "new" idea of adding some articulation to the figures and the CEO will be excited about this "new" idea.

I hope he's right. Even POTJ-level sculpting (for the bodies) and articulation would be a step in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, I prefer full-on SA or articulation as needed, but at this point, I feel so shut out from the SW toy line, I'll take just about anything I can get.
By terman123
Amazon has taken the At-Act and rouge one playset down. Really don't get why they don't alow pre orders like they use to? I know they have potential for leaks but then again Walmart does that every time. I'd prefer to just go online and not have to deal with the disappointment of not finding the product in stores
By Darth Vlad's Clone
I wonder if Hasbro didn't take Leia too literally in her calling Han a scruffy looking NERF-herder. Someone at Hasbro must have watched Empire within the past couple years and took that line to heart and decided it'd be cool to infuse NERF with Star Wars. I can't wait for the promotional contest Habro has planned for the kid who looks the scruffiest who also has the most NERF toys.
By Darth Vlad's Clone
I guess I never paid attention to the figures, but that's the AT-ACT Driver??? I guess the AT-AT Driver isn't licensed for the ACT or vice versa? I just figured with similar shapes and functions that there wouldn't need to be a new driver.

The whole lack of continuity of Stormtroopers armor is killing my excitement for Rogue One.
By Jodo
I think that figure is just a Shoretrooper commander or something? I think? :lol:

You can tell Hasbro put tons of effort into this vehicle; however it just wasn't in the right areas. For that much money it should have been the exact same size (or bigger) than the Big AT-AT. Likewise, it's just way way way too expensive. They designed it for kids, and priced it for adults.
By Darth Vlad's Clone
Jodo wrote:I think that figure is just a Shoretrooper commander or something? I think? :lol:

You could be right, but according to the Hasbro release on this, it lists Jen, the droid, and the AT-ACT Driver as the figures. Hasbro could be wrong.
By Jodo
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:
Jodo wrote:I think that figure is just a Shoretrooper commander or something? I think? :lol:

You could be right, but according to the Hasbro release on this, it lists Jen, the droid, and the AT-ACT Driver as the figures. Hasbro could be wrong.

Hmm, that's crazy...I don't like that over specialization either. :|

Like Chewie, I also enjoy the design, but I couldn't imagine dropping $300 on this EVER. Heck, I got the Big Endor AT-AT for like $70 at Toysrus!!!
By YAK_Chewie
Regarding the driver... I've always had my own take on this... the driver uniforms will vary.

AT-AT and AT-ST on Hoth...

AT-AT and AT-ST on Endor...

I see no reason why the white AT-AT driver gear in ESB would be the same on Endor... what we see is ESB looks designed for cold weather survival.

In my view, if these walkers showed up on another planet, they might have different driver gear altogether.

:wink:
Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Entertainers? Nah, it'll never be chosen. :wink:[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

I love all these entries!!! My first custom in a[…]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1

As a member of Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders, the Dypl[…]

And yes! Maybe some of the Will Turner figures w[…]

Hi, I have a couple copies of John Tyler Christoph[…]