Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Darth Vlad's Clone
YAK_Chewie wrote:Regarding the driver... I've always had my own take on this... the driver uniforms will vary.

AT-AT and AT-ST on Hoth...

AT-AT and AT-ST on Endor...

I see no reason why the white AT-AT driver gear in ESB would be the same on Endor... what we see is ESB looks designed for cold weather survival.

In my view, if these walkers showed up on another planet, they might have different driver gear altogether.

:wink:

I've never compared the two types of drivers before but it looks like they wear similar jumpsuits. I see what you are saying, Chewie, in regards to different suits that are suitable for the climate, etc., but I would assume Endor and the planet the ACT is on are similar...not enough to warrant a new suit. I guess I'll see come December. But, if we go back to the environmental discussion, Veers has no environmental gear on Hoth...unless he's got some awesome thermal underwear underneath his uniform and armor. ;)
By Paulskywalker
Just echoing you guys really. Great vehicle and what Hasbro has done is fine, but also a big let down. For that price they should have done in BAT AT scale and took the bloody nerf out. Then at that size the Cargo crate could have converted to a better base. Price is awful, i can see this going to dirt cheap like the TFA Falcon did. The people running SW now have no idea, still kinda hoping they lose the license to Mattel at the moment. No doubt the eventual Lego version will be far better.
By YAK_Chewie
I agree. For what this is, if they took out the walking feature, I'd say $160-$170 is very fair.

But they tried to get too cute with it, and have really botched this up. I mean heck, one of the most enjoyable things about an AT-AT is the leg joints so you can make it look crashed down to the ground! You can't even do that here.

Way to kill a great toy, Hasbro.

:roll:
By StooperZero
i like how the box shows the "driver" repelling out the side, so who's driving it then?

:lol: :lol:
By YAK_Chewie
Been a while since we talked about this thing, but it's starting to become available at some speciality stores.

Jedi Insider posted a full gallery with some good comparison pics that put this thing in more perspective, check them out here:

http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mode= ... =244|18055

As for myself, my opinion remains unchanged.

I want it, but not for the insane $300 price. They should have removed the app feature as well as walking feature and focused a bit more on accuracy and tried to keep it around $200.

By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:Been a while since we talked about this thing, but it's starting to become available at some speciality stores.

Jedi Insider posted a full gallery with some good comparison pics that put this thing in more perspective, check them out here:

http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mode= ... =244|18055

As for myself, my opinion remains unchanged.

I want it, but not for the insane $300 price. They should have removed the app feature as well as walking feature and focused a bit more on accuracy and tried to keep it around $200.

Really wish it was around $150...I will wait for clearance.
By The Professor
It is odd because I am not sure who the target audience is with a price that high.
By WOOOF
I bit when Walmart had it on sale for 200 bucks plus free shipping. Can't wait to check it out in person.
By ToyShelfReview
My order from the Disney store arrives Thursday. I took advantage of their promotion over Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person as well.
I make stuff too!

Great stuff here! Lots of great use of parts and […]

Community fodder box...

Thanks for letting us know. Even though it'll be […]

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]