Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By WOOOF
YAK_Chewie wrote:Looking forward to what you guys think of it. Please snap pics and share your thoughts!

:wink:

Will do, my phone camera isn't working but I can bug my gf. Should be here next Monday.
By rcmadiax
I was able to grab one at $200 during Wal-Marts rollback. Can't wait until it gets here tomorrow!
By ToyShelfReview
I just got home from work to find this waiting for me. I thought some of you might be interested in how it arrives packaged from the Disney Store. I've seen better and I've seen worse. The bottom has airbags along with the long side as you can see. Nothing on the sides and just the tissue paper on the box. Surprisingly just one of the back corners is only a little smashed in. It's actually in better condition than I expected it to be. I've got a different toy video to edit tomorrow before I go to work. Then I'll get to shooting this one and let you know when I have it up.
Packaging.jpg
By WOOOF
Got mine on Sunday as well. Best vehicle I own, reminds me of the original vintage stuff with all the electronic sounds. Like if you have it walk a few steps and stop it makes this hydraulic hiss sound straight from the movies; it's the little details. Comes with an AT-ACT driver but I can't get him to sit down, so he goes in the cargo hold. It is a lot of fun controlling this with your phone, just make sure to grab your 4 D batteries first. The Nerf dart shooting feature is a lot of fun as well, terrified my dogs a few times. I love it, but if your are on the fence about the price just wait until after X-mas, sure to go down.
By Imaculata
This is basically what they told me at the store as well: Wait till after X-mas, and watch that price drop like a burning Tie Fighter.

Truth be told, that's not exactly what he said, but its close. Right now the price is ludicrously expensive, and even die-hard collectors are hesitating (myself included), so parents will be hesitating as well. The price has got to go down, and the guy from the store predicted that it would drop by A LOT. He said: "If it's 300 bucks now, it may be less than half of that after Christmas." I hope he's right. I'm willing to wait.
By WOOOF
Imaculata wrote:This is basically what they told me at the store as well: Wait till after X-mas, and watch that price drop like a burning Tie Fighter.

Truth be told, that's not exactly what he said, but its close. Right now the price is ludicrously expensive, and even die-hard collectors are hesitating (myself included), so parents will be hesitating as well. The price has got to go down, and the guy from the store predicted that it would drop by A LOT. He said: "If it's 300 bucks now, it may be less than half of that after Christmas." I hope he's right. I'm willing to wait.

There are rumors that it is ringing up for 149 bucks at a few TRU's. I might just take a look see if you are there anyways, at least until they figure out their mistake.
By YAK_Chewie
Now I have to hit both my local TRU stores to see if I can find one, and check the price. I was at one yesterday and they didn't have any in yet.

This thing looks great, it really is the price that bothers me. I showed a video of it to my kids yesterday, they really thought it was cool. My 5 year old daughter said she wants an AT-AT and she will paint it pink... LMAO!

By Jedimaster-c
Found this thing at our TRU this morning they had 2 of them on the shelf. I also saw it at Gamestop Saturday evening as well. Its out. I think we got spoiled with the big AT-At they came out in 2010. The cockpit in this one only holds one figure which I don't like. The dirt storage takes up half of the cockpit as well from the photos I have seen. For 300 bucks they could have done better. I will say one thing TRU has been horrible when it comes to clearance. I have seen stuff from a few years prior that is still collecting dust.
Attachments
IMG_0606.JPG
Last edited by Jedimaster-c on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ToyShelfReview
I'm finally shooting my review today and thought I'd send along a quick pic comparing the AT-ACT with the '97 version and then the big one from 2010. I have to admit I had yet to open my big AT-AT so I did so just prior to opening up the AT-ACT. Wow, can the two be combined? The electronics on the AT-ACT are quite fun. The compartment is limited in space because of the nerf feature but at least on the outside of the vehicle it doesn't change the features. I am pleased though that the AT-ACT is at least the same size as the '97 version. I was prepared for it to be smaller. Well, back to shooting the video.
AT-ACT Comparison.jpg
By Imaculata
Excellent size comparison. You can also clearly see here that the AT-ACT is a bit wider in comparison to the rest of its body. The hatch at the front for the nerf dart is a real shame. But overall it looks pretty good.
By YAK_Chewie
That's a great comparison pic, thank you!

I think there might be a tad bit of forced perspective by the angle, but that picture speaks volumes. If anything, it goes to show what a fantastic job Hasbro was doing several years ago as opposed to now.

Still, a fun toy and I do want one... but I'd be much more interested in a larger walker more on par with the 2010 version... and... er... a Star Wars toy line that resembled 2010 more too. Such missed opportunities, Hasbro... on so many fronts.

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Nice ideas everyone. Will open up voting later to[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

It's been a long time since I updated this thread.[…]

Wow, that's awesome. Creative and very well done[…]

Picked up TVC Han in Stormtrooper gear for 50% off[…]

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]

Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1