Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Imaculata
Glad you got it fixed! X-mas has been saved by the power of the mighty screwdriver. :D

But still, I would not recommend this fix to anyone else that happens to have this issue. There is a high chance of breaking something if you open it up yourself. Better to have Hasbro send a replacement instead.
By GrandMoffHux14
Imaculata wrote:Glad you got it fixed! X-mas has been saved by the power of the mighty screwdriver. :D

But still, I would not recommend this fix to anyone else that happens to have this issue. There is a high chance of breaking something if you open it up yourself. Better to have Hasbro send a replacement instead.

Chewie knows what he's doing, he's very capable. Lol :D
By Darth Vlad's Clone
Still would have been cool to see him throw it on the sidewalk. I mean, instant "Battle-Damaged" AT-ACT custom!
By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:Some stores already marking down by 50% (Target).

:shock:

What?! That's crazy, I thought it would discount eventually but not 3 weeks after it was released.
Last edited by GrandMoffHux14 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By YAK_Chewie
I'm guessing Target's sale flopped already so they are trying to get some sold before Christmas at a lower price... sad, really.

Bad, bad job Hasbro. You need smarter peeps in charge of the SW brand... and less Disney interference.

:wink:
By Imaculata
The biggest blunder is simply the price tag. What were they thinking? Even the stores know that those things won't sell with a price that high. So surely a big toy company like Hasbro should have some understanding of what people are willing to pay for a toy like that after all these years?
By ToyShelfReview
To me this just screams Hasbro not understanding the customer base or more to the point who they wanted to make this toy for...if I'm making any sense with that. I believe it has been said that the 5 POA line of figures is geared toward the younger audience while the Black Series line is geared to the collectors. The price point of this item screams collector focused but the toy itself is more kid focused. Yes it has the motorized feature but 5 POA figures are included. While the paint job isn't horrible it seems to me that even more detailing could have been done. So collectors who have the money, presumebly because they're older and have a job, don't see this being worth their $300 and roughly 5 years ago spent half that on a giant AT-AT. Then children who want it also have parents who don't want to spend that much on a toy. It just seems like a no win situation for Hasbro at the $300 point. It is still a fun toy though but then again I didn't spend $300 for it so it helps make me feel better about the purchase.
By Imaculata
The funny thing is that as a collector the Black Series simply doesn't appeal to me. I want to collect small figures similar to the classic Kenner line, that I can easily display in my cabinet, plus I also want to collect vehicles that the figures fit into. And to some extent, I actually prefer the 5 POA aspect as well, simply for nostalgia sake.

Besides, I strongly feel like only die hard collectors would be willing to pay that much for a toy.

You guys are the best - thank you for the comments[…]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't […]

Wow, seeing your Shadow Guard is very inspiring. […]

I can always a fan of your customs. These droids […]

Chuckles' Custom Figures

Oh man, that R5 tank droid thing is awesome! So c[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

I hit customizing funks all the time, the older I […]

Nice diorama, always a fan of those. We used to se[…]

DarthSinister's Customs

That Darth Vernula is fantastic. Very, very well […]