Image Image Image Image Image

Rogue One 5 POA line

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Rogue One 5 POA line

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:15 am

So far, a few figures have been revealed.

Thoughts?

:wink:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Re: Rogue One 5 POA line

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:20 pm

I think the sculpts of these figures are really well done, and that they look pretty darn good; however, I still won't be picking them up because they would serve no purpose in my modern articulated collection. :|

Also, I saw a 6 inch figure at CE that had the new Stormtrooper blaster, so I'd be willing to bet we see a RO Stormie in that line at some point.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:35 pm

If the troops look that good in person, and these aren't available in TBS 3.75, my plan is to get the following:

Armored Driver x 2
Death Trooper x 2
Shore Trooper x 2
Stormtrooper x 6

That's a lot, I know. But I figure these ALL have great helmets so if later on, SA versions are available, I can still use the helmets for various customs.

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Yeah, that is a lot! :lol:

The Shore Troopers and drivers would be worth it I think, because they'd be just fine with articulated Stormtrooper arms swapped out on them. The Death Troopers are bit too much for me to handle though, lol.

The RO Stormies look better than the original Legends release though! It's too bad they're not aiming or standing at attention or something because the sculpt is great, as are the helmets. I'd probably pick up a few if they had some "action" to them, like the old CW Clone Trooper 3-pack figures.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:11 pm

I just look at those Stormtroopers and think Kenner.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:13 pm

it's 1977 all over again , the second time!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:05 am

That Jyn Erso is SOOO much worse than the Black Series that I want to slap Hasbro repeatedly about the head.

DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:00 pm

If they're as plentiful as all but the initial TFA waves, who knows if they'll ever hit the stores.

Despite being 5 POA, the sculpts and paint jobs look pretty good.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:49 pm

The pics that JTA just posted are really nice for 5POA. Easily the best Hasbro has done in this style.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/conte ... adowbox/4/

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:28 pm

I really like the K-2SO droid, and the Imperial Ground Crew is interesting too...That Stormtrooper helmet looks amazing though. By far the best sculpt they've done thus far.
!
darthapathy
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby darthapathy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:24 pm

It kind of looks like K-2SO has bendable elbows, knees, and even ankles. Is it an optical illusion or just wishful thinking? Even if "he" only has 5 POA, this would be one I may pick up.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I'm impressed with the sculpts on all the RO figures thus far, I'm honestly not seeing any issues when it comes to deco either. I enjoyed the TFA basic line and thought many of the figures were great, but hated the figures with helmets sculpted on sporting the banana yellow visors. If there are any Rebel pilots, or similar characters, hopefully that wont be repeated. If Hasbro makes a genuine effort (as it appears is being done with the RO figures), they'll find more collectors satisfied with the basic line. Quality sculpts and good deco win me over each time, and articulation becomes negligible.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:15 pm

The Stormtrooper's voice/mouth area is actually missing some paint, but that's not a deal breaker.

At least his pack in is useful - additional armor and shoulder pauldron - odd that Hasbro actually came up with a more functional pack-in...

Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm

That Imperial Ground Crew looks like he's a member of Daft Punk or something. I like it... :lol: I might need to customize one to go with P-Siddy!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:58 pm

So has anyone else noticed that the Rogue One figures seem very small and slight compared with previous lines?

A few of the TFA figures felt like they were tending just a little smaller and the Rogue One line is even worse.

I have no intention of buying any of the 5POA figures (except for the droid, which I did pick up.) But even though he's supposed to tower over other figures, he's really not that tall.

And the poncho Jyn Erso, the imperial troops, the Cassian from the U-Wing (glimpsed through the packaging)....all seem both short and skinny.

Closer to the statue of the Character Options 3.75 inch doctor who figures, which really get towered over by most items in the usual Hasbro lines.

Return to “Rogue One: (2016-?)”