Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
What are you guys' thoughts on this?

It's too bad we are seeing more Nerf crap in this line. I don't understand that in the freaking slightest. On the other side of things, it's also too bad this isn't Republic Gunship sized. I know the last time it was at retail the gunship was $100, but for a troop transport that could actually transport troops, I'd absolutely lay down a big bill for some decent OT-era stuff.

We'll wait and see I guess...I know the new TIE was also rumored, so I'm hoping it's decent. Maybe we'll see the Imperial tank too.
By darthapathy
Jodo wrote:What are you guys' thoughts on this?

It's too bad we are seeing more Nerf crap in this line. I don't understand that in the freaking slightest. On the other side of things, it's also too bad this isn't Republic Gunship sized. I know the last time it was at retail the gunship was $100, but for a troop transport that could actually transport troops, I'd absolutely lay down a big bill for some decent OT-era stuff.

We'll wait and see I guess...I know the new TIE was also rumored, so I'm hoping it's decent. Maybe we'll see the Imperial tank too.

Couldn't agree with you more. Like you said, had it been the size of a gunship and no NERF I would've of seriously considered getting one. Now, it's a total pass for me. It kind of bums me out a little. I was hoping for some greatness from Rogue One. I was hoping to actually buy vehicles and SA 3 3/4" but it looks like I may be spending the same amount of money that I did on TFA; zero.
By YAK_Chewie
The TIE is coming, and I believe will be in the same assortment/price point. And that's fine, as long as it's good quality.

The problem with this thing is the scale and the plastic looks cheap as hell. I'd much rather shell out $100 range for a closer to scale ship that can actually house a few troops.

Retailers might have trouble selling this one due to the apparent bad approach by Hasbro with it.

:wink:
By Starchaser
I totally agree regarding the scale of the U-wing. As a troop transport, it should be big enough to carry a few (even four would be good enough) folks. I'm also not really a fan of the Nerf features. However, neither of these things makes the ship a no go for me. If the price fits my budget, I'm not opposed to adding a new model of fighter to my fleet - a little paint and it might make a good bounty hunter ship. While I am also puzzled why Hasbro wouldn't take advantage of the play value of a ship that can actually hold troops, and don't think there is really a good reason to make the ship as small as it seems to be in the image, I do remember just being happy to get a TIE once upon a time, even if the scale was totally wrong. All that to say, I'll probably be disappointed with this ship as the "U-wing transport" but just fine to use it as a new model fighter.
By Trooper31
Disappointing. A new film finally gives us the rebel equivalent of a Republic Gunship ad Hasbro turns it into a one man fighter.

If it could at least a couple of figures and have space for 2 pilots, I would have dropped money on this. It looks so cheap and what really bothers me is that this film looks like it's going to fit right into the OT era.

My problem with this ship is that in the film, it's a troop carrier and the toy version is just a cheap fighter.

Like I've said elsewhere, the only thing that looks disappointing about Rogue One is Hasbro's Toy Line.
By Joosk
I really wish they would Ditch the NERF crap and go back to lights and sounds. One of the best parts of the old Vintage toys was the lights and sounds I remember running around as a kid at night using my tie fighter pressing the button in back hearing the sounds and the one red light in the front. Was awesome or the cool lights on the snowspeeder back then was the coolest thing ever.
By YAK_Chewie
Honestly, they must have someone above the SW brand team that's pushing down on them to enforce Nerf features. Someone completely out of touch with what the actual market for Star Wars toys wants has to be flexing some muscle here.

That still doesn't explain the abomination known as build-a-weapons though...

:roll:
By StooperZero
Joosk wrote:I really wish they would Ditch the NERF crap and go back to lights and sounds. One of the best parts of the old Vintage toys was the lights and sounds I remember running around as a kid at night using my tie fighter pressing the button in back hearing the sounds and the one red light in the front. Was awesome or the cool lights on the snowspeeder back then was the coolest thing ever.

or that horrifying warning sound the b-wing made.
By Paulskywalker
As i said in the comments, maybe it's time Mattel had a turn at SW.
By StooperZero
YAK_Chewie wrote:At this point in time, I'd be interested to see how Mattel would approach the brand for 3.75" stuff.

:wink:

their 6" ghostbuster lineup seems pretty decent ( except for the hip joints)
By Jodo
It wouldn't matter who took the line, as long as we get articulated figures and decently scaled vehicles! :!:

All troops will debark for Christmas assault. Prep[…]

Ewok Love

I loved the movie Battle for Endor, fond memories […]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Utinniii : Awesome group of maintenance droids[…]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk