Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
A little more details about when the employee at my local TRU allowed my son and I into the stockroom yesterday.

The quantity of 3.75" figures was impressive. It had to be about 20 cases. He popped open a case (all was Wave 1 there) and I got to look at the figures. They all looked extremely sharp for 5POA. They also had quite a few cases of the 2-pks. The figures looked great, except for Poe. He just looked ridiculous... that set will pegwarm. I did notice that the Sabine I saw had REALLY sharp paint apps... much better than ANY Rebels figure I've seen.

He also popped open a case of the 6 inch wave. They looked good... didn't realize that Rey was in there again, with her lightsaber... I don't think she needs to be release AGAIN already, but whatever. Mask-less Kylo looked good. And the Rogue One figures looked awesome. They had at least a dozen cases of that wave.

He said he thought there were TIE Strikers and U-Wings buried behind all the other stuff and I thought I saw a couple TIE Striker cases. But lots of figures at least were there. I didn't see the AT-ACT or I would have asked if he'd pop a box open. Also, he said they were expecting another big shipment of Rogue One stuff Tuesday this week.

On another note, his manager noticed we were back there... and we ended up having a conversation about Star Wars stuff later when I saw her on the sales floor... she was very interested in what I thought as she said, "I recognize you're in here a lot!" She really wanted to know if I thought collectors going to be happier this time? I told her I thought they would, and kids would as well...

She shared about how bad her store got burned by TFA merchandise, how it was very clear that what they had in the aisles was NOT what people wanted... and she needed for this stuff to be better received. She seriously sounded a bit concerned. She said they were aware that the collectors have been very upset with what they have - and she even pointed to the 3.75" figures they have and said, "We can't sell these." This is the Hux wave. Also - during part of this - my son was listening very closely, and asked why the smaller figures (3.75") aren't very poseable - the employee said, "Because they will cost more" - and my son replied, "But that's why people would buy them!" The manager laughed and said she likes this kid...

I even got a bit of an earful how on district conference calls, they've even had it out with the Hasbro reps about how under performing the Star Wars brand has been compared to what they were told it would be. This should come as NO surprise, considering what we see on a daily basis with all the junk in the aisles that hasn't been selling, and less attention to what the market really wants.

So, maybe Hasbro has gotten feedback from retailers that we've been telling them all along (and are actually listening some). Let's at least hope so.

:wink:
By darthmac
Great post chewie!

Because of the 5pos figures I'm not looking for anything on force Friday. I may get a Sabine for my daughters if I find one, I'll also consider getting a Director Orson Krennic if I come across one.

I'm really excited to buy some 3 3/4" product from gtp Toy's they are releasing on sept 30.
By StooperZero
She shared about how bad her store got burned by TFA merchandise, how it was very clear that what they had in the aisles was NOT what people wanted... and she needed for this stuff to be better received. She seriously sounded a bit concerned. She said they were aware that the collectors have been very upset with what they have - and she even pointed to the 3.75" figures they have and said, "We can't sell these.

Exact same thing the local toy manager at walmart said.

our toys rn't us here got burnt the same. only new thing they've gotten in months is the exclusive snowtrooper. the star wars aisle is packed full of junk that nobody is buying.

theres some walmarts that are still stocking/receiving wave 2 of 6" TFA . Lets hope hasbro can get their crap together.
By Darth Vlad's Clone
What I planned to buy:
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:3.75"
2x Imperial Ground Crew

6"
1x Kylo Ren

What I really bought:
3.75"
4x Imperial Ground Crew (3 to direct my TIEs and 1 to customize into P-Siddy's eccentric entourage)
1x Sabine Wren (I didn't plan on it but figured she might be rare if I decide to pick one up later)

6"
1x Kylo Ren

It was fun hanging out, Chewie. I hope that Walmart produced some TBS ERGs for you.

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

That is super cool! I have several of the NECA fi[…]

Thank you all! It's been fun doing these figures. […]

HOMEWORLD RETURN TO HIIGARA - Part 4

This is absolutely fantastic work! I LOVE the Home[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Chuckles - I think we should just go with a "[…]

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]