Image Image Image Image Image

Did you have a better experience at the Rogue One Midnight launch than the TFA Midnight launch?

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Did you have a better experience at the Rogue One Midnight launch than the TFA Midnight launch?

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:57 pm

I personally did, There was actually more people this year than there was last year but everything was stocked in bulk, unlike last year even though I got what I wanted last year.

Let me know your personal experiences! :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Did you have a better experience at the Rogue One Midnight launch than the TFA Midnight launch?

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Yes, easily better this time around.

2015 Force Friday: D-
2016 Force Friday: B+

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Re: Did you have a better experience at the Rogue One Midnight launch than the TFA Midnight launch?

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:41 pm

I've never been to a MM event, but the next morning was far better than FF for TFA. I don't believe any basic figures were on the pegs for TFA, just a few armor up figures. For RO, I found everything at one Target store, didn't have to do any hunting. The basic and deluxe 3.75 figures were what I was after, and I was able to buy a set of each. I also collect Micro Machines and Titaniums, and found plenty of those at WM.
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Hmmmm....Nope!

Last year Walmart had their stuff out at midnight, but then didn't have everything. I went to Target the next day, which was busting at the seams with product, and got the FO Speeder, and then subsequently bought a few things on Amazon.

This year, my Walmart had nothing, and Target had 3 figures left after being open for 2 hours. The next Walmart I went to had TONS of stuff, but then two other Walmarts didn't have anything, and only one Walmart after that had TBS 3.75 figures. The second Target I went to had TONS of stuff, but then lacked the specific items I wanted to use the 25% coupon on.

It was very hit and miss this year. :|
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:51 am

Jodo wrote:Hmmmm....Nope!

Last year Walmart had their stuff out at midnight, but then didn't have everything. I went to Target the next day, which was busting at the seams with product, and got the FO Speeder, and then subsequently bought a few things on Amazon.

This year, my Walmart had nothing, and Target had 3 figures left after being open for 2 hours. The next Walmart I went to had TONS of stuff, but then two other Walmarts didn't have anything, and only one Walmart after that had TBS 3.75 figures. The second Target I went to had TONS of stuff, but then lacked the specific items I wanted to use the 25% coupon on.

It was very hit and miss this year. :|

I think for the people that don't have TRU's things were worse because both Walmart and Target (mostly Walmart) can be clueless when it comes to release dates.

Other forum account:
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:50 am

I forgot I went to TRU as well! :lol:

Yeah, Walmart is TERRIBLE at release dates. I've gone to publicized midnight video game releases with my friend before, and they have never once had the games out. Usually, an old person working in electronics has to go back and get the game, and it takes about 30 minutes for them to return. :|
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:43 pm

darth_sidious wrote:I've never been to a MM event, but the next morning was far better than FF for TFA. I don't believe any basic figures were on the pegs for TFA, just a few armor up figures. For RO, I found everything at one Target store, didn't have to do any hunting. The basic and deluxe 3.75 figures were what I was after, and I was able to buy a set of each. I also collect Micro Machines and Titaniums, and found plenty of those at WM.

Nice!
Even though I got what I wanted at TRU at midnight I went to Target and I could have gotten everything again.

Other forum account:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Jodo wrote:I forgot I went to TRU as well! :lol:

Yeah, Walmart is TERRIBLE at release dates. I've gone to publicized midnight video game releases with my friend before, and they have never once had the games out. Usually, an old person working in electronics has to go back and get the game, and it takes about 30 minutes for them to return. :|

I think we can all agree that everybody in the collecting community hates Walmart.

Other forum account:
CloneCrazy
Cantina Bartender

Postby CloneCrazy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:47 am

I had a much better experience this year. Found everything I wanted, even the ERG and Ahsoka. Product was plentiful at my Walmart, the only thing I couldn't find was the A Wing. I was able to get that on Amazon and it was delivered on Saturday.
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:06 am

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Jodo wrote:I forgot I went to TRU as well! :lol:

I think we can all agree that everybody in the collecting community hates Walmart.

I know...It's a shame the TBS 3.75 figures aren't just an online exclusive. I guess if they were it would be impossible to army build though, as there would most likely be a limit for each product. :|
!
Joosk
Scavenger

Postby Joosk » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:01 pm

It was the same as last year. Only difference was they didn't have anything out at Walmart I literally had to have a manager go in back and haul out the crates. So I was the only one there for even yay me :) but got everything I wanted plus a few more I didn't expect like the BS wave with royal guard. The plus side of living in a small town :)
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:09 am

I think my experience was about the same as last year product-wise but I'd attributed that to only wanting a few things each time and I was able to get everything I wanted each time. But, in overall experience, I'd say this year it was pretty organized. TRU had things up and ready to go (unlike what happened at Walmarts this year). It was very professionally run and the exclusives were nice. They made it fun!

One thing that came to mind that I realized just now typing this, was at the TFA FF, I was at Walmart and the Hasbro reps were stocking the product, not the Walmart stockers. I wonder if the Hasbro reps weren't available like last year and Walmart just figured they'd get to it whenever. Or likely, this isn't the first SW movie in years and not as big of a deal so some places weren't as worried about it... especially with last year's debacle with no product.
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Glen Carbon Walmart made the regular worked stock for TFA...I wonder why Hasbro reps did your store?
!

Return to “Rogue One: (2016-?)”