Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
So, I am still on the fence with this vehicle.

Any of you pick this up and open it yet? I am really curious what you think about the wings. Are they made better than the TFA TIE Fighter?

Also, looks like a TRU exclusive "battle damaged" TIE Striker is coming soon.

:wink:
By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:So, I am still on the fence with this vehicle.

Any of you pick this up and open it yet? I am really curious what you think about the wings. Are they made better than the TFA TIE Fighter?

Also, looks like a TRU exclusive "battle damaged" TIE Striker is coming soon.

Some one posted on the Rebelscum forums posting a side-by-side shot of the Tie Striker with a Tie-Bomber and the length of the vehicles are almost identical!

I will be picking it up for sure.
By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, size wise it's great. What I'm curious about is the sturdiness of the wings...

I would suggest checking out a Youtube review, there's a few good ones.
But I haven't watched them both all the way through so I don't know how the wings are.
They look straight in the videos.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, I should do that.

I have read some of the early reviews of the U-Wing and TIE Striker, and the person said that the U-Wing was very much the same quality as the TFA X-Wings... which really are not the case.

That same person said the two TIEs were about the same quality too, so I'm thinking that based on his U-Wing opinion, the TIE Striker might be better quality than he reported. This was someone in the RS forums back in August, I believe.

By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, I should do that.

I have read some of the early reviews of the U-Wing and TIE Striker, and the person said that the U-Wing was very much the same quality as the TFA X-Wings... which really are not the case.

That same person said the two TIEs were about the same quality too, so I'm thinking that based on his U-Wing opinion, the TIE Striker might be better quality than he reported. This was someone in the RS forums back in August, I believe.

I'll post a link on this page for a Youtube review.
By Jodo
The TIE Striker is by far the best vehicle they've made for a while. The wings are much bigger than I ever imagined, and much better quality than the TFA TIE. They're definitely more rubber-y than than the POTF2 TIE wings, of course, but still better than what we got last year.

I thought I would hate (HATE) the Nerf feature, but it's not too bad. Most collectors' preferences would be to not have it, but I think it looks acceptable. Perhaps it's a sensor array or something! This TIE is definitely one of my favorite ships though, they did an excellent job. If they make it to clearance I'd consider a second one!
By GrandMoffHux14
Jodo wrote:The TIE Striker is by far the best vehicle they've made for a while. The wings are much bigger than I ever imagined, and much better quality than the TFA TIE. They're definitely more rubber-y than than the POTF2 TIE wings, of course, but still better than what we got last year.

I thought I would hate (HATE) the Nerf feature, but it's not too bad. Most collectors' preferences would be to not have it, but I think it looks acceptable. Perhaps it's a sensor array or something! This TIE is definitely one of my favorite ships though, they did an excellent job. If they make it to clearance I'd consider a second one!

I am hearing too many good reviews!
I have to own this sucker. :D
By Jodo
I definitely think it's worth the $40. I'm not sure about it's scale off-hand, but I'd be willing to bet it's close enough.
By YAK_Chewie
I bought one yesterday - and yes, this thing is really good.

The early complaints about the NERF feature influenced me a lot - but to be honest, it's not that distracting at all and I had a good time shooting my son with it a few times. And the wings are very sturdy - the early review I read in the RS forums was off the mark. These wings are 100% better than the First Order TIE wings.

Buy with confidence and enjoy.

By GrandMoffHux14
YAK_Chewie wrote:I bought one yesterday - and yes, this thing is really good.

The early complaints about the NERF feature influenced me a lot - but to be honest, it's not that distracting at all and I had a good time shooting my son with it a few times. And the wings are very sturdy - the early review I read in the RS forums was off the mark. These wings are 100% better than the First Order TIE wings.

Buy with confidence and enjoy.

Sweet, I am buying one. :D
By ToyShelfReview
I just did a review of the battle damaged version on my channel. Here's the link to watch if you like...

That review also has a link to the original release but since someone posted one above already I won't post mine, but there is one on my channel. I can't speak to the TFA Tie Fighter yet because sadly I haven't opened mine yet. But the wings on this ship seem good. Time will tell if they will warp downward but out of the box everything is nice and straight. The battle damaged version also has some slight deco differences on the tie pilot.

I predict Walmart TVC rollback in January. :wink[…]

Great job on K-3PO. All these years and I never k[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

K-3PO 1.JPG K-3PO 2.JPG K-3PO (The Empire Stri[…]

Great looking stuff as usual. I have a custom t[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]

Ewok Love

Merry Sithmas!

Multi-packs 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. […]

K-Marts still exist? Yikes.