Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By WOOOF
If they sold a stripped down version without a Nerf shooter I'd probably get it too.
By Imaculata
I'm not a fan of those nerf features either, but I'm thinking of picking up this awesome vehicle none the less. It just looks really cool.
By WOOOF
Imaculata wrote:I'm not a fan of those nerf features either, but I'm thinking of picking up this awesome vehicle none the less. It just looks really cool.

It is a cool looking vehicle, I grabbed one Force Friday, just wish they would have an alternative for the "movie accurate" crowd.
By Imaculata
WOOOF wrote:It is a cool looking vehicle, I grabbed one Force Friday, just wish they would have an alternative for the "movie accurate" crowd.

Yeah, that was my biggest gripe with the TFA Falcon. They got so much right, but the Nerf Feature and movie inaccuracies are a shame. I wish that thing had actual landing gear, and a boarding ramp, instead of just being a glorified nerf gun. It's so inconsistent too, because the TFA Tie Fighter is really accurate, and so is Rey's Speeder.

Its like Hasbro keeps going back and forth between accurate and not accurate. I'm less bothered by the scale of the vehicles, just as long as it looks like the vehicle from the movie on the outside.
By WOOOF
I didn't buy the TFA Falcon for the same reason, even at a discounted price. The Nerf attachment on the A-Wing bugs the hell out of me too. I wish they just released the POTF model with a different paint job. I would also like for the toys, especially the Falcon, to be big enough for the figures to stand upright in without it seeming claustrophobic. I felt like the old toys were more scale accurate, but that could just be nostalgia talking. A Falcon with a nice ramp and landing gear would be tits. Add some electronic sounds and lights....take my money!
By Imaculata
I think they kept the scale down in order for children to be able to fly the Falcon around the room. The TFA Falcon has sound effects for landing, taking off, hyper space and other stuff, which is really cool. The sculpted-on landing gear are basically buttons that respond to putting the toy down, or lifting it up. And its nice that they included Chewie, Finn and BB8 with the vehicle.

While a scale accurate version would be nice, I wonder where I would have to put the damn thing. The current TFA Falcon is already too big to fit inside my display cabinet (an honor previous only reserved for the classic AT AT). I guess there is always the Big Falcon for a more scale accurate experience, maybe I should pick that up some time.

(^ The big Millenium Falcon, not the TFA Falcon, obviously)

But again, where would I put it? It's so big!

My other gripe is that they never include cargo crates with these things, or gasmasks. I don't get that. Even as a young boy I loved having bits of scenery with my toys. I always hated all these dumb movie inaccurate missile launchers, while useful accurate objects were ignored.
Last edited by Imaculata on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By WOOOF
Eh I think you talked me into it, I might buy it for the sound effects and stuff if I see it cheap enough in the wild. Gas masks and crate accessories would be cool. Got to save some money now though already spent too much on Rogue One stuff haha.
By Imaculata
It even has sound effects for tilting the Falcon. It makes flying sounds as you tilt it left and right. The nerf feature also has fire and arm sounds.

Another good feature is that the sides open up, allowing you to store the nerf darts. The back opens up, similar to older versions, revealing a small playset with medical bay and holographic table. I should point out that the spring loaded gunturret at the top has a nasty habit of popping up as soon as you open up the playset area. But you can just push it back into place. There's also a hidden smuggling compartment underneath the gun turret.

Both the Finn and Chewie figures have communication equipment. They are basically the same figures as you'd find carded, but with an extra piece of plastic added on top. That may make them different enough for fanatic collectors to want to have them. Besides, as far as I know Chewie has only been released as an armor-up figure. And everyone wants at least one Chewie figure in their collection. BB8 is the same one you get with the Takodana Encounter pack (same paint even).

The detailing on the vehicle is pretty good, but I know some collectors have modded their Falcon by painting extra dirt and grime on top. The console in the cockpit opens up to make inserting figures and applying decals a lot easier. So Hasbro clearly put some thought into this thing. There's a fair number of decals, but the vehicle doesn't rely too much on them fortunately.

My only real gripe is the nerf canon that pops out of the front, and the turret at the top that flips up and makes firing sounds. But the light and sound effects on that are really nice, even if its not movie accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwf70lMRtTU

This video review gives a pretty fair impression of the thing.
By WOOOF
Nice thank you for the write up! I asked my fiance for it for X-mas, will see. I think she already got me a bunch of stuff, but if I don't get it for X-mas I will grab it after. I've never owned a 3 inch scale Falcon in any version. I need to buy more shelves for this stuff. :mrgreen:

....and would you look at this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Force ... rmvSB=true
By Imaculata
Now that is a very good deal. I guess it is a good idea to wait when purchasing these huge vehicles, because prices can drop sharply. I hope the AT-ACT drops that much in price.
By WOOOF
Yeah I am pretty sure I am getting it for X-mas...stoked. I can see the AT-ACT dropping like this too.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

darthvlad: Great looking droids you keep cranki[…]

Community fodder box...

As posted above, Stocos28 is the next person techn[…]

Now this looks way better then Hasbro version! Suc[…]

Looks even better in natural light. But oh, man, w[…]

Ewok Love

Thanks, Joosk! brethupp custom ewok.jpg

Some of the wave one $12 ones are already demandin[…]

It is an awesome figure (that should have been in […]

Ah, that makes sense. I might always have her helm[…]