Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of A New Hope with this special collection of Hasbro figures

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
YAK_Chewie wrote:I have wave 2 on order from BBTS to arrive Jan or Feb. Hate buying a whole damn case just for C3PO and the Stormtrooper.

Since I was able to score the Stormtrooper and C3PO this week for $25 each, I cancelled the case; plus I really didn't need that $160.00 bill hitting my debit card this coming week.

Now, I discovered this evening that need to replace my 6" Vader, 6" Obi Wan and 6" Luke because their cards all got damaged thanks to some careless kids. :roll:

...that's probably why I've never collected carded stuff before. Too much of a hassle!

:wink:
By jorsupersid
YAK_Chewie wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:I need to replace my 6" Vader, 6" Obi Wan and 6" Luke because their cards all got damaged thanks to some careless kids. :roll:

...that's probably why I've never collected carded stuff before. Too much of a hassle!

Most of the reason I've stopped collecting (does anyone really?!?) is due to packaging. I've always been an opener... But sometime ago I just started keeping things in the package due to space. Only now I've all this stuff I don't really want in packages/boxes and it just sits.

I really wish Hasbro would change how they do packaging. I only switched over to BS cuz they have boxes you can open and just flatten.

For years I struggled to find the best of the best packaging for what end? The stuff 99.9% of the time is not worth MSRP (after the fact) and it seems Hasbro both knows this and placates carded collectors as a 1st line of revenue. What I'm trying to say is it not treated as a toy, just pop art.
By YAK_Chewie
So I was at a TRU in Illinois this morning and came across 40th anniversary Jawa and Death Star Trooper... an employee said they had just put out "the new ones" yesterday and these were all that was left.... I was under the impression that Hasbro was only sending new shipments to online e-tailers...?

By Trooper31
I think once the goods have been shipped to a retailer, Hasbro assumes they'll be "on the shelf" soon. However, if the comapny has a back log it might be a while before things actually hit.

It's too bad because a lot of collectors assume they missed a way so they order online and then later those cases show up at regular retail long after Hasbro said they were on the shelves. :(
By jorsupersid
YAK_Chewie wrote:So hard to understand how Hasbro over produced CRAP but then awesome lineups like this barely make it out.

They are so inept. Too big and greedy to manage effectively anymore.

Sooo on point... My local Gamestop for Black Friday got in a ton of 6" they have hardly sold any of it (yup months later)... Including the 40th Han and R2 figures... STILL! sitting on the shelves right now.

Just glad I trusted the force and held off... I for instance just got the Snoke w/ throne for $21 (and 6" rey w/ speeder $16 Etc. Etc. Seller had tons of auctions) on eBay.

Hasbro needs to just stop making SW. The Solo stuff looks neat but you can tell it's just a lazy cash grab for what they are offering. The stuff looks cheaper then the last 3x movies products.

The Wal-Mart exclusive RAMPAGE line in comparison (price and quality) blows any line Hasbro offers of the sky! They even want $50 for single GI-JOES now... Via "subscription" service. Seriously who the $#*&$%!!! Is paid at Hasbro to make these decisions?

Wow! Just over five years since I posted this. H[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Vote Now

Since I am already working on a tank, gonna go wit[…]

Sail Barge - Fully funded and then some!

Got my barge as well. I am so glad I jumped on it […]

After the rollback tip from Chewie I checked out m[…]

1. Yavin IV Command 2. Rogue One Soldiers 3. Saw G[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Wow, I just realized how inactive I've been. Start[…]

Posted! :-) You're a hero.

Custom by nighthawk

Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough on[…]