Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of A New Hope with this special collection of Hasbro figures

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

This highly detailed scale of action figures allows fans to recreate epic scenes from STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE. Inspired by the 40th Anniversary of the first STAR WARS film, each iconic figure represents a notable character, including DARTH VADER, HAN SOLO, LUKE SKYWALKER, PRINCESS LEIA, and OBI-WAN KENOBI, in impeccable movie-real design. Each figure features a dynamic, double-sided backdrop and character-specific accessory, allowing fans to recreate iconic moments. Even better, collect each individual backdrop to piece together a bigger STAR WARS scene. Each figure sold separately. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Thanks, but no thanks. These have ZERO appeal to me.
I've taken a look through the comment sections on several of the collecting websites facebook posts about this, and there is almost universal vitriol toward Hasbro's 40th offerings. What is Hasbro thinking! I hope some of the folks in attendance at NYTF bring this to Hasbro's attention. People are fed up with them ignoring the bread and butter of the collecting community.

I'll be making a point to express my dissatisfaction with their product offering at Celebration.
I think the idea of a figure with a base and a nice background picture is a great idea. I just wish Hasbro would have gone with plastic, SA figures instead of this route.

I've been reading for months about how many collectors in the US don't want to pay $13 for a TBS 3.75" SA figure, so why would they turn around and pay $15 for a 0 POA figure?
I think collectors and casual fans might buy their favorite character, but I don't see these moving any better than the old Titanium figures. I agree with the pricepoint issue as well, many are tired of $13 figures, so why would they pay even more? If they want to do something special how about a couple of unmade cantina aliens or even some resculpts of the original Kenner aliens, like Walrusman or Hammerhead.
Always thinking about the customizing angle, huh Chewie. :wink: I'd like a new Leia figure, but I'd prefer a hood up version from the beginning of ANH and end of RO. Last time they released one was in the Early Bird set, and the arms were preposed. I'd like something similar to the 5 POA figure from the deluxe line, but with a sharper likeness and the hood up.
Yep, always looking at customizing possibilities... :)

On any note, I don't think these look bad at all... they're just a letdown because Hasbro seems to want to kick most 3.75" fans in the nuts any chance they get!

Looking at these a little closer, here's what I mean on articulation - doesn't it look like Han has a ball joint shoulder?

:wink:
CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

HasLab Wish list

As much as I'm not interested in paying more than[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

More Droids... A rusted IG Assasin droid, C3PX wit[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Ewok Love

I'm a fan of the made for TV movie Battle for Endo[…]

Ordered and received these two: https://i.ibb.co[…]