Image Image Image Image Image

2017 Celebration Orlando 6" TBS/40AC Luke (X-wing Pilot)

Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of A New Hope with this special collection of Hasbro figures

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

2017 Celebration Orlando 6" TBS/40AC Luke (X-wing Pilot)

Postby YAK_Jayson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:56 pm

You’ve read the teases for a while but the latest edition of the Star Wars Show has revealed the Vintage Kenner style packaging for the 6″ Black Series line of 40th Anniversary figures. While not all figures are shown, they do reveal a special exclusive version of the Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot) available at Star Wars Celebration.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Re: 2017 Celebration Orlando 6" TBS/40AC Luke (X-wing Pilot)

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Yippee
Attachments
GIF-celebrate-Cheer-cheerleading-Droopy-meh-sarcastic-wave-flag-woo-hoo-yay-GIF.gif
GIF-celebrate-Cheer-cheerleading-Droopy-meh-sarcastic-wave-flag-woo-hoo-yay-GIF.gif (428.96 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:54 pm

They hinted a while back they'd like to get wave 1 back out for those that missed it, so hopefully the rest will be available.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:08 pm

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:Yippee

Nailed it. Meh.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Overall, this is all disappointing. The 30th Anniversary Collection, however, was excellent.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:29 pm

i just want a damn anakin that isn't $68 . or a Yoda that isn't pushing the $80 mark.

cheaper cardbacks and they'll still be $20 .
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:18 am

Paulskywalker wrote:They hinted a while back they'd like to get wave 1 back out for those that missed it, so hopefully the rest will be available.

It'd be nice if Hasbro would get Han in Carbonite and Salacious Crumb out to those that weren't able to get them, too.

Edit: I'm just surprised that Wave 1 was that hard to get. Aren't first waves usually produced in over-abundance? Or did Hasbro take the safe route when they introduced the 6" line in case it ended up failing? I recall seeing this wave several times at retail. I believe I passed over R2 or Luke several times before getting them. Or were people on the fence and waited too long? Or was it distribution? Just curious of your collective experience in regards to this.
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

Wave one was very easy to find. The sandtroopers were a little harder at first but after the first few weeks none of them were remotely hard to find. The first hard to find figure was boba fett in wave two.
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:38 pm

darthmac wrote:Wave one was very easy to find. The sandtroopers were a little harder at first but after the first few weeks none of them were remotely hard to find. The first hard to find figure was boba fett in wave two.

I guess I didn't explain that in my comment, but that was the same experience for me. Easy to find, and replenished frequently, so that's why I find it hard to believe that people are claiming there were hard to find. I think the hardest one to get for me was the Stormtrooper. Obviously, mileage varies and distribution has been troublesome, but I wonder if those people begging for these to be re-released were just late getting into the game?
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Late to the game, would be my guess.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Here in my part of the UK Wave 1 was stocked once and that was it. I saw it in one shop at mass retail (TRU) only on one occasion, i thought the price was a little step at the time and so waited. But they never appeared after that time. At the same time i saw them in a sci fi shop so the price was even higher. If i had known that wave was only going to be stocked once i'd have bought them when i saw them in TRU.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:14 pm

distribution here was almost non existent until the bespin luke wave. Even then most stores might have only put out 6-8 figures at a time, that's it.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:18 pm

StooperZero wrote:distribution here was almost non existent until the bespin luke wave. Even then most stores might have only put out 6-8 figures at a time, that's it.

That's exactly what it was like for me.
Joosk
Scavenger

Postby Joosk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:53 am

I don't know what the availability of the figure would be but if anyone that is going to celebration and can pick up an extra one I would gladly use paypal to purchase this from them. I was originally going to be at celebration with a very close friend who is very ill and he is a huge collector and since I don't collect 6" figures if anyone is interested I would be willing to pay an extra 5 to 10 bucks for this. We are just unable to make it due to my friends poor health and driving 24 hours from Wisconsin to Florida would be a nightmare for him. so if anyone that is going could do that for me would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “40th Anniversary Collection (2017)”