Image Image Image Image Image

TLJ Purchases and Finds

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: TLJ Purchases and Finds

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

Thanks for the pics. I think I'm going to need to get a set of those droids.

:wink:
JawaKing
Droid

Postby JawaKing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Added another photo to my last posting, to show the figures' scale with other droid figures.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Those Disney exclusive BB droids are pretty amazing! I am really curious about this wobble feature. I didn't realize they had a rounded base unlike the Hasbro versions.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
JawaKing
Droid

Postby JawaKing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 am

The wobble feature is interesting in that the droids have rocking motion with the slightest touch. This is better than the Hasbro static version, which does seem more like an accessory than a figure, for the most part. These BB units are weighted in the bottom like the Sphero BB-8. BBs wobble, but they don't fall down.
bassbone1
Midi-Chlorian

Postby bassbone1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Three Walmarts, 3 Roses each. Everything else, gone to the scalpers. Ladies and gentlemen, your new Constable Zuvio. There is no reason for this figure to be in this wave.

Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 pm

bassbone1 wrote:Three Walmarts, 3 Roses each. Everything else, gone to the scalpers. Ladies and gentlemen, your new Constable Zuvio. There is no reason for this figure to be in this wave.

I'd disagree. She's supposed to be a fairly large character in the next film. Therefore, she needs to have an SA version (imo). Plus she has a very basic outfit that would let someone army build some resistance techs with a simple head swap. I'd argue that there's no need for an FO executioner in an exclusive wave when its simply a repaint with a new weapon. At a premium and exclusive? Thats the bigger travesty
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:15 am

Raylen wrote:
bassbone1 wrote:Three Walmarts, 3 Roses each. Everything else, gone to the scalpers. Ladies and gentlemen, your new Constable Zuvio. There is no reason for this figure to be in this wave.

I'd disagree. She's supposed to be a fairly large character in the next film. Therefore, she needs to have an SA version (imo). Plus she has a very basic outfit that would let someone army build some resistance techs with a simple head swap. I'd argue that there's no need for an FO executioner in an exclusive wave when its simply a repaint with a new weapon. At a premium and exclusive? Thats the bigger travesty

Agreed completely. The Zuvio comparison is ridiculous. She'll do fine.

I think it's great that this character was released so early. She's going to be a major part of the new movie and I'm always excited to get something new and interesting than just a variation on what we had before. As someone who got seriously sick of endless trooper repaints during the Prequel/Clone Wars era, nothing interests me less than yet another slightly modified trooper.

I have no walmarts in my area so I can't comment at all on her availability in the black series. But her basic figure is selling as briskly as any of the other characters with the exception of Luke. So here's to Rose.
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am

Lance Quazar wrote:As someone who got seriously sick of endless trooper repaints during the Prequel/Clone Wars era, nothing interests me less than yet another slightly modified trooper.

And lets not forget that we got a ton of Trooper repaints with TFA and Rogue One as well. Hell, most of the time they didn't even bother to do a repaint, and just added a different color plastic shoulder pad on the trooper.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:51 pm

I assume she will be the Lando of the ST. She comes in during the second movie and remains a main player through the third film.

And she will pegwarm just like Finn. :lol:
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 pm

I like the Rose figure. The sculpt is perfect, the articulation is great, and the paint scheme is really well done. I'd give this figure 9/10 - only because I think they did a better job on the face/head on the 5poa version as compared to this.

I agree that she's not as hot of a figure as Luke, Stormtrooper and Praetorian Guard, but she's still a kickass figure. I think we could see some pegwarming like Finn however, but not as bad as Zuvio (and hopefully not quite as terrible as Finn).

Oh, and she's an army builder too in a sense. Easy head swap --- AND soft torso, so you can pop those arms out easily for customizing. So that helps right there in sales (soft torso is how ALL the figures should be made).

That being said - Hasbro probably would have done retailers a favor if she was just 2x per case instead of 3, and inserted another Praetorian Guard.

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Spotted the new TLJ assortment at WM today and picked up old Ben. They had Yoda as well, but considering he doesn't have leg articulation - I skipped it. I even noticed the basic TFA Luke - first time I've seen him on the pegs.
trs55
Midi-Chlorian

Postby trs55 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:42 pm

found more of the new walmart exclusive 3.75 figures. this is the second shipment of these since force friday
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:I like the Rose figure. The sculpt is perfect, the articulation is great, and the paint scheme is really well done. I'd give this figure 9/10 - only because I think they did a better job on the face/head on the 5poa version as compared to this.

Agreed. Behold, the perfect Rose. Black Series Rose with the 5POA head -

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Did you have to drill any? Looks great.

Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:34 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Did you have to drill any? Looks great.

Nope. At first, it seems like it won't be a fit. But you just keep twisting....it'll get there.

:)

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”