Image Image Image Image Image

The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
Imaculata
Scavenger
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Imaculata » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

Image

I scored two more figures. The lovely Rose, and a Stormtrooper. The Stormtrooper looks identical to the TFA one, apart from the extra gun that is included (you can barely see it in his left hand), and of course the Force Link feature. Apart from that, I do not see any differences. Rose has an amazing amount of detail. Stunning work Hasbro. She comes with a rifle, and a tiny tool that any kid will instantly lose. Fortunately that will not happen with my collection safely locked away in a glass cabinet.

In the background you can also see the new Poe Dameron figure. I decided to have him hold the helmet, to make him stand out more from the others that have a helmet that is not removable. As you can see it is a much better face sculpt than what we got with the TFA wave.
User avatar
GrandMoffHux14
Droid
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 am
Location: Illinois

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:39 pm

The mouth area on the Stormtrooper is slightly more curved on the Episode VIII Stormtrooper, plus I think the figure is more glossy this time around.
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.


Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
User avatar
Imaculata
Scavenger
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Imaculata » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Just found a figure of Kylo Ren and Hux. Hux has an amazing rubber coat, really nice. And they really got Adam Driver's face right this time around.
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Well, crap.

New images of FO Disguise Finn in a Two-Pack with Phasma.

Was really hoping they'd make Disguise Finn as a Black Series figure.

Sure, the original Finn Black Series fig didn't sell very well, but this would have been a great chance to give us a core character in SA with a completely new look.

And a plus for people looking to army-build First Order figures and just fans of bad guys in general.

Lame.
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 22978
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:52 pm

It might still be coming Lance in TVC... or some sort of First Order officer, at least.

:wink:
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:06 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:It might still be coming Lance in TVC... or some sort of First Order officer, at least.

:wink:


Isn't it strange we've heard NOTHING about a second wave of TLJ Black Series figures? (in the proper scale).

Lots of news about upcoming Six Inch figures plus we know what the next wave is going to be in the FivePOA line, plus a couple of deluxe sets (Rose in FO Uniform, Finn in FO uniform, etc.)

But nary a peep about Black Series. One would assume there would HAVE to be more....but when???
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 22978
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Well, there wasn't much chatter about the first wave until right around Force Friday due to how tight lipped Hasbro and Disney are now... and with so many Walmart stores having zero clue about how to get the figures actually to the pegs, I would not hold our breath on more new 3.75" figures past the first wave...

Not that I can say it "won't happen" but I think most indicators are that Hasbro will be looking to make TVC great again and washing their hands of TBS in the 3.75" scale very soon. The online outlets that get them in will be doing so due to Walmart's lack of interest in managing it properly (which we also know, Hasbro is much at fault for as well).

Walmart exclusives are the worst. The treat it like ordering cases of paper towels or any basic product. They fail to understand how to merchandise a collectible type item. They don't "trickle" their product in at all - they order a ton at once, and it overloads the pegs. People then lose interest and it sits and sits. They did just that with their exclusive Comic Packs line - which prevented the non-exclusive Comic Packs from getting ordered - and that dealt the death blow to Hasbro's Comic Pack lineup.

:wink:
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Well, there wasn't much chatter about the first wave until right around Force Friday due to how tight lipped Hasbro and Disney are now... and with so many Walmart stores having zero clue about how to get the figures actually to the pegs, I would not hold our breath on more new 3.75" figures past the first wave...

Not that I can say it "won't happen" but I think most indicators are that Hasbro will be looking to make TVC great again and washing their hands of TBS in the 3.75" scale very soon. The online outlets that get them in will be doing so due to Walmart's lack of interest in managing it properly (which we also know, Hasbro is much at fault for as well).

Walmart exclusives are the worst. The treat it like ordering cases of paper towels or any basic product. They fail to understand how to merchandise a collectible type item. They don't "trickle" their product in at all - they order a ton at once, and it overloads the pegs. People then lose interest and it sits and sits. They did just that with their exclusive Comic Packs line - which prevented the non-exclusive Comic Packs from getting ordered - and that dealt the death blow to Hasbro's Comic Pack lineup.

:wink:


It is strange that we already know what's coming in the early waves of the new TVC (Aphra and repacks) without knowing what, if anything, still remains for the black series.

Sure, maybe they won't be doing anything more in that line given all the issues you stated and probably the fact that a walmart exclusive for premium figures didn't make much financial sense. Lots of pegwarming figures while entire swaths of the country got absolutely zilch.

While I am very eager for the death of the black series, I can't help but think it would be damn strange not to have at least at 3.75" Rey from TLJ. She's the central character and, heck, her outfit looks like it could recycle at least some parts from the TFA version.

I guess I don't really care. All I wanted from TLJ was Rose and Luke so I'm content.

Maybe they are waiting out the death of the black series with a minimal release. Still, seems weird for such a big movie.
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 am

Picked up Exile Luke and DJ via HTS (sadly, Leia was sold out.)

Despite my distaste for FivePOA, I really love the look of these figures, especially Luke. I'm hoping, as the new trailers suggest, this will be Luke's primary outfit for "Last Jedi" and not the boring Banana Republic Monk TFA hold-over outfit. Sure, I wish this figure was in SA, but at least Hasbro threw us the tiniest of bones with the articulated wrists. Thanks, I guess...

Still, very cool figure all around.

DJ is slightly less impressive, if only because his outfit is pretty non-descript. The cloak/coat is cool and it seems like he'd be pretty easy to customize, throwing the head and coat onto the custom. His outfit is just a tad boring at the end of the day. But I gotta admit, I love the dorky hat. It's amusing that the tall and imposing Benicio del Toro is saddled with such a goofy little cap. But, hey, if you're Benicio, you can pull off just about anything.

I do hope the character is complex with an unclear agenda and morally gray motivations. We'll see.

It's a shame Hasbro keeps getting so great at sculpting while giving us subpar articulation. I'll never not complain about this, but I still have to admire the craftsmanship of the figures. They really do look great.
User avatar
Imaculata
Scavenger
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:48 am

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Imaculata » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Just placed a big order for a Rathtar, the Tie Silencer, the Canto Bight Police Speeder, Resistance A-Wing, and two Rogue One figures I was still missing. No sign of the next wave of 5POA figures over here yet.
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 22978
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:Picked up Exile Luke and DJ via HTS (sadly, Leia was sold out.)

Despite my distaste for FivePOA, I really love the look of these figures, especially Luke. I'm hoping, as the new trailers suggest, this will be Luke's primary outfit for "Last Jedi" and not the boring Banana Republic Monk TFA hold-over outfit. Sure, I wish this figure was in SA, but at least Hasbro threw us the tiniest of bones with the articulated wrists. Thanks, I guess...

Still, very cool figure all around.

DJ is slightly less impressive, if only because his outfit is pretty non-descript. The cloak/coat is cool and it seems like he'd be pretty easy to customize, throwing the head and coat onto the custom. His outfit is just a tad boring at the end of the day. But I gotta admit, I love the dorky hat. It's amusing that the tall and imposing Benicio del Toro is saddled with such a goofy little cap. But, hey, if you're Benicio, you can pull off just about anything.

I do hope the character is complex with an unclear agenda and morally gray motivations. We'll see.

It's a shame Hasbro keeps getting so great at sculpting while giving us subpar articulation. I'll never not complain about this, but I still have to admire the craftsmanship of the figures. They really do look great.


I almost ordered online, but figure I'll wait for stores to get them, mainly because I want to be choosy with the paint jobs since I don't plan on extras on these for customs - well, maybe if the removable accessories like Luke's hood are good.

:wink:
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:37 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:
I almost ordered online, but figure I'll wait for stores to get them, mainly because I want to be choosy with the paint jobs since I don't plan on extras on these for customs - well, maybe if the removable accessories like Luke's hood are good.

:wink:


No, you have to customize these figures! If only so I can (badly) copy your recipe, because I really want more articulation on these cool characters. Luke's coat and hood are obviously removable.

:)
User avatar
Jodo
Force Sensitive
Posts: 2081
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 am
Location: Illinois

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Jodo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 am

I like DJ Tanner's coat, but it looks like a gust of wind has caught it. Too bad they didn't make it more neutral.
Image
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi
Posts: 1515
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Planet Houston
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby Lance Quazar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Jodo wrote:I like DJ Tanner's coat, but it looks like a gust of wind has caught it. Too bad they didn't make it more neutral.


Nah, I don't agree. DJ Suki's coat looks pretty natural on the figure.
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 22978
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Lance, can you take a pic or two of your new figures?

:wink:

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darthvlad and 3 guests