Image Image Image Image Image

The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:29 pm

We probably should not post the pics here just yet given how Disney/Lucasfilm is keeping everything "under close guard" these days, but if you go onto Instagram, do a search for:

#thelastjedi

You should be able to see 11 new figures.

Luke - Looks really good, but suffers from the nightmare 5POA t-crotch.

Jedi Rey - Looks fine, but I'm not feeling ovewhelming need to buy this one since I know there will be an SA one.

Paige and Rose - Both of these two female "resistance" characters look amazingly good for this level of articulation and I will definitely pick them up.

Stormtrooper - Looks like the super articulated one in terms of scuplt and finish, but is obviously limited in mobility. Might get a couple.

Finn - For what it is, looks decent. Seems to have a really good head sculpt.

Kylo Ren - Not sure until I see it in person.

Hux - Probably will get, hard to tell on quality based on the pic. Comes with a mouse droid.

I'll be passing on Chewbacca, Poe and C-3PO. Why buy when better versions of the same thing are available?

:wink:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Re: The Last Jedi 3.75" Figures Leaked (spoilers)

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm really thinking the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows based on the image, also I'm getting Chewie just because he comes with a porg. :lol: Luke looks awesome, Hux is just what I wanted for a 5POA figure at least. And they got rid of the ridiculous gimmick weapons. :lol:
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 pm

I'll probably get the Resistance Gunner lady, and the Rebel Tech as well. I just bought the TFA Hux for $2, so I'll probably get this new and improved Hux if it looks better.

The other figures/characters just don't interest me.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:03 pm

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:I'm really thinking the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows based on the image, also I'm getting Chewie just because he comes with a porg. :lol: Luke looks awesome, Hux is just what I wanted for a 5POA figure at least. And they got rid of the ridiculous gimmick weapons. :lol:

I just realized the porg. Dammit. Hasbro's getting smarter.

However, based on the pic, the porg looks really, really blandly sculpted...

It would be excellent if the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows, but I am thinking they migh the sculpted to have the elbow at a slight angle. But, what do I know.

And yes, thank God the ridiculout oversized gimmick weapons are GONE. What a waste of resources those things were!

I want a bit more articulation on these at the very least, but these really look a lot better than what was being thrown onto the pegs 2 years ago... wow, most of that sh!t was awful.

Out of the whole group, Poe looks horrid. Easily the worst of the group. Holy crap, that looks bad.Almost as bad as the one 2 years ago, save for the banana visor. He better be short packed.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Jodo wrote:I'll probably get the Resistance Gunner lady, and the Rebel Tech as well. I just bought the TFA Hux for $2, so I'll probably get this new and improved Hux if it looks better.

The other figures/characters just don't interest me.

Similar feeling on my end - Hasbro needs to step it up more.

At ther very least, drop that Poe and swap out with a cool new alien. Chewbacca also was not needed in this wave... looks like a really sub-par figure. Why not Leia for the love of God? Hopefully she's in the next set of leaks.

GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:13 pm

According to Paul from JTA there will be 16 new figures on Force Friday...We only saw 11 here, so I expect Leia to be one of the ones we didn't see.

Other forum account:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:04 am

Just saw a much better look at Kylo Ren's face - wow. Looks spot on. Much better effort this time around.

Codaks
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Codaks » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:20 am

This tease really have me hanging at the edge of my seat!
I'm anxious too see what is in store for us all, in both the walmart exclusive line and vintage collection.
Hasbro has in my opinion stepped up regarding quality and accessories.
Codaks --- OUT ---
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 am

Agreed and if we can get the new wampa and probe droid out of the gate, it will make for a nice Fall....

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 pm

These sculpts definitely look more like quality figures compared to the meal toys TFA gave us. Limited articulation sucks, but at least they look nice in diorma filler.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 pm

These figures look to be much improved compared to the TFA line. I imagine I'll buy most of them, minus the repacks or rehashed characters like Poe, Stormtrooper, Chewie, and C3PO.

I'm so happy they gave characters like Hux the proper overcoat instead of incorporating it into the leg articulation. Same goes for the removable helmets - I'm glad the days of sculpted on helmets are over.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 pm

darth_sidious wrote:These figures look to be much improved compared to the TFA line. I imagine I'll buy most of them, minus the repacks or rehashed characters like Poe, Stormtrooper, Chewie, and C3PO.

I'm so happy they gave characters like Hux the proper overcoat instead of incorporating it into the leg articulation. Same goes for the removable helmets - I'm glad the days of sculpted on helmets are over.

Just so you know the Stormtrooper has a slightly new design for Episode VIII, the line across the helmet is thinner and the part of the helmet around the mouth area is more curved. And just for that I'm getting 8 more. :lol:

Other forum account:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Is that by LFL design, or Hasbro simply making it slightly off?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 pm

I dunno. Regardless it's so minor I doubt most people would notice. The OT Stormtrooper helmets changed in the films.

Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 am

darth_sidious wrote:Is that by LFL design, or Hasbro simply making it slightly off?

It's an LFL design. I think the director wanted it changed a bit for some reason.

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”