Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

#160028
We probably should not post the pics here just yet given how Disney/Lucasfilm is keeping everything "under close guard" these days, but if you go onto Instagram, do a search for:

#thelastjedi

You should be able to see 11 new figures.

Luke - Looks really good, but suffers from the nightmare 5POA t-crotch.

Jedi Rey - Looks fine, but I'm not feeling ovewhelming need to buy this one since I know there will be an SA one.

Paige and Rose - Both of these two female "resistance" characters look amazingly good for this level of articulation and I will definitely pick them up.

Stormtrooper - Looks like the super articulated one in terms of scuplt and finish, but is obviously limited in mobility. Might get a couple.

Finn - For what it is, looks decent. Seems to have a really good head sculpt.

Kylo Ren - Not sure until I see it in person.

Hux - Probably will get, hard to tell on quality based on the pic. Comes with a mouse droid.


I'll be passing on Chewbacca, Poe and C-3PO. Why buy when better versions of the same thing are available?



:wink:
#160029
I'm really thinking the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows based on the image, also I'm getting Chewie just because he comes with a porg. :lol: Luke looks awesome, Hux is just what I wanted for a 5POA figure at least. And they got rid of the ridiculous gimmick weapons. :lol:
#160031
I'll probably get the Resistance Gunner lady, and the Rebel Tech as well. I just bought the TFA Hux for $2, so I'll probably get this new and improved Hux if it looks better.

The other figures/characters just don't interest me.
#160032
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:I'm really thinking the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows based on the image, also I'm getting Chewie just because he comes with a porg. :lol: Luke looks awesome, Hux is just what I wanted for a 5POA figure at least. And they got rid of the ridiculous gimmick weapons. :lol:


I just realized the porg. Dammit. Hasbro's getting smarter.

However, based on the pic, the porg looks really, really blandly sculpted...

It would be excellent if the Stormtrooper has articulated elbows, but I am thinking they migh the sculpted to have the elbow at a slight angle. But, what do I know.

And yes, thank God the ridiculout oversized gimmick weapons are GONE. What a waste of resources those things were!

I want a bit more articulation on these at the very least, but these really look a lot better than what was being thrown onto the pegs 2 years ago... wow, most of that sh!t was awful.

Out of the whole group, Poe looks horrid. Easily the worst of the group. Holy crap, that looks bad.Almost as bad as the one 2 years ago, save for the banana visor. He better be short packed.

:wink:
#160033
Jodo wrote:I'll probably get the Resistance Gunner lady, and the Rebel Tech as well. I just bought the TFA Hux for $2, so I'll probably get this new and improved Hux if it looks better.

The other figures/characters just don't interest me.


Similar feeling on my end - Hasbro needs to step it up more.

At ther very least, drop that Poe and swap out with a cool new alien. Chewbacca also was not needed in this wave... looks like a really sub-par figure. Why not Leia for the love of God? Hopefully she's in the next set of leaks.

:wink:
#160046
This tease really have me hanging at the edge of my seat!
I'm anxious too see what is in store for us all, in both the walmart exclusive line and vintage collection.
Hasbro has in my opinion stepped up regarding quality and accessories.
#160051
These figures look to be much improved compared to the TFA line. I imagine I'll buy most of them, minus the repacks or rehashed characters like Poe, Stormtrooper, Chewie, and C3PO.

I'm so happy they gave characters like Hux the proper overcoat instead of incorporating it into the leg articulation. Same goes for the removable helmets - I'm glad the days of sculpted on helmets are over.
#160052
darth_sidious wrote:These figures look to be much improved compared to the TFA line. I imagine I'll buy most of them, minus the repacks or rehashed characters like Poe, Stormtrooper, Chewie, and C3PO.

I'm so happy they gave characters like Hux the proper overcoat instead of incorporating it into the leg articulation. Same goes for the removable helmets - I'm glad the days of sculpted on helmets are over.

Just so you know the Stormtrooper has a slightly new design for Episode VIII, the line across the helmet is thinner and the part of the helmet around the mouth area is more curved. And just for that I'm getting 8 more. :lol:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
The Kill Or the Thrill of The Chase?

The loss of Toys R Us is really setting in now. T[…]

John Morog Customs

Those repainted blasters are slick. Very sharp lo[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Great work on PZ. I thought it was a unique desi[…]

Yak's Top Ten Discussion Thread

That might be something to look into that can be o[…]

I don't know much EU to participate, but Tag and B[…]

TVC 2018 Figures

Concur with Antilles. They need to just do a Rebe[…]

Wow! Great job with that Rose!

I forgot all about Beckett. It looks like his coat[…]