TLJ Purchases and Finds

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: TLJ Purchases and Finds

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am

Found some 6" speeders in the clearance aisle at Walmart yesterday. Unfortunately they rang up full price.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Had to run to Centralia Walmart tonight, so I stopped by the action figures. The box I opened of 5 POA figures was still on the riser, so I took it down and got Hux and Paige out. I carried them around for a moment and then put them back.

Then I picked up a Thrawn and two Stormtroopers, and carried them around for the remainder of my shopping trip. Then I put them back too because I don't know what I would do with them anyway.

I'm super dissatisfied with Hasbro right now, otherwise I might have picked up all those figures...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of August/20/17: Era of Darkness VOL 3: Chapter 1!
john1618
Midi-Chlorian

Postby john1618 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm

I just got the Wal-Mart black series Luke. I would have got the others but they were not in the system. It was moving a mountain just to get them to get Luke in the system.
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Picked up the basic Luke. Looks great, but I'm keeping him in the package for now.

I may give his robe to the black series Luke, as soon as I can get one. Or maybe I'll just give it away.

But, it does look very nice. And I was surprised to find it, as all of my stores are pretty picked over. Looks like the TLJ toy launch was a massive success.

Other than Hux and Threepio, there don't seem to be any pegwarmers at this point.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 pm

The stores here would have to receive something before I could judge if it was a success or not. :| :?

Finally got the Probe Droid at Target though. I would have honestly picked up another A-Wing, but they didn't have any. I hope to receive mine from Amazon this week.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of August/20/17: Era of Darkness VOL 3: Chapter 1!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:00 pm

I'd give the first weekend of sales mixed reviews.

6" TBS basic figures - These have sold out in my area, except for Kylo Ren and Vader

6" TBS Vehicles - Seem to have sold through at TRU and Target\, my closest Walmart didn't get them in

6" TBS Centerpiece Edition - Maybe 20% of what was put out has sold

3.75" Die Cast - Only place I've seen these is Target, about 50% of the ones from TFA seem to have sold

3.75 Basic Figures - Poe, Finn, Hux, 3PO all hanging on the pegs

3.75" 2-pks - Rey/Guard moving, Han/Fett are not

3.75" Deluxe - Probe droids all sold out, about 50% of Rathtars sold

3.75" Vehicles - A-Wings selling good, Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter moving okay, Canto Bight speeder not moving yet, neither is Ski Speeder

BB-8-Playset - Only store I've seen them sell was a Target where two dudes told a manager they were on the shelf at $79.99, and these guys made out like bandits... they also had armfulls of the exclusive 6" Stormtrooper - wonder if these were scalpers (I was very annoyed with them)

:wink:
Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:27 am

Meanwhile over in Europe, Toys R Us and Toys XL have no idea when they'll be receiving the new Last Jedi toys. And a popular Dutch sales site has only just a few of the basic new figures. Why don't they launch these new waves world wide simultaniously?
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:57 am

Chewie- never doubt the insanity of army builders at any scale.

I've found pics on the net of 6" Storm/clone trooper collections that would have had to cost at least $6,000.

We all know how target exclusives work, There will be dozens of them on the pegs for a long time to come and they are clearance-proof.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:52 am

I'm not one to usually accuse anyone of scalping - but the fact that they openly knew the retail price was $199.99 for the BB8 playsets is what bothered me the most. Combine that with them trying to scoop up those Stormtroopers and being rude and shoving their elbows around to keep others out of their way really, really bothered me. People who behave like that give collectors a bad reputation.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:53 am

Imaculata wrote:Meanwhile over in Europe, Toys R Us and Toys XL have no idea when they'll be receiving the new Last Jedi toys. And a popular Dutch sales site has only just a few of the basic new figures. Why don't they launch these new waves world wide simultaniously?

That really sucks. Hopefully they get the new stuff released really soon in Europe. That has to be aggravating!

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I've only met two people/collectors that I ever considered rude. The most recent was during TFA midnight madness, and he simply just didn't talk to anyone there. I asked him a few questions, and he literally looked at me and just didn't respond. It was super weird. He seemed VERY apprehensive to be there. We even checked out near each other, and he kept looking to see what my friend got, as if he was suspicious or something. He actually looked like EMPIRE, LOL. :lol:

The other thing that happened to me was when the Saga line was still out, and I was going through the pegs at Salem, IL Walmart. I was probably only around 14 or so then. Some guy walked up and also started going through the pegs, like pretty much up against me. I think the the Hoth wave had just been released. I had grabbed a few figures, and he picked the one on top of my stack out of my hands to look at it, gave a "hmmmm" noise, and then sat it back down into my hands. I just looked at him in disbelief and he took a step closer, rooting me out. By that time I had already finished browsing, but it was just the dumbest thing ever.

That always stands out to me because he had violated my personal space so much, and obviously had no patience or decency to wait his turn. If that happened today I'd probably have a MUCH more verbal response. :|
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:46 pm

no mater what you do, you're always going to encounter a weirdo or two from time to time.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 pm

StooperZero wrote:no mater what you do, you're always going to encounter a weirdo or two from time to time.

And if you don't, then you are that weirdo. :lol: :shock:
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Jodo wrote:And if you don't, then you are that weirdo. :lol: :shock:

The type of guys that frequent the Hotwheels section at stores are still the ones to beat.

Anyways.

My local walmart that had a crazy amount of those force wrist doo-hickys. They only have 6 left.

Places like goodwill are going to be full of those things in the near future.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Went to Woodriver Walmart to get groceries tonight, and FINALLY got my A-Wing! :mrgreen:

Edit - and their isle display was 4 islands, instead of the two like all the other Walmarts. I didn't even know Hot Wheels has released anything for TLJ.

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”