Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By reverendstrone
I hope so.

Having seen the film, I am hungry for a look at those wave 4 figures. The 3.75" lines, both 5POA and Vintage, are so thin for this film so far, and there are far too many TLJ characters in there taking up slots. I sincerely hope Hasbro intends to use the coming 18 months to play catch up and circle back to pick up worthy action figure candidates from Solo, as well as Rogue One and potentially the sequels as well. I just feel this film and Rogue One in particular got the short thrift as far as figures go, with so much potential plastic awesomeness untapped. Remember when Star Wars figure waves were full of cool droids and aliens?
By Mandalore1988
reverendstrone wrote:I hope so.

Having seen the film, I am hungry for a look at those wave 4 figures. The 3.75" lines, both 5POA and Vintage, are so thin for this film so far, and there are far too many TLJ characters in there taking up slots. I sincerely hope Hasbro intends to use the coming 18 months to play catch up and circle back to pick up worthy action figure candidates from Solo, as well as Rogue One and potentially the sequels as well. I just feel this film and Rogue One in particular got the short thrift as far as figures go, with so much potential plastic awesomeness untapped. Remember when Star Wars figure waves were full of cool droids and aliens?

A look at Wave 4 would be nice. Though Wave 3 should have those figures instead of what's going to be included.
By Lance Quazar
YAK_Chewie wrote:I think she had a big enough role that we'll see a 3.75" TVC version in another outfit.

:wink:

I don't think we'll see ANY more Solo figures beyond what has already been discussed. Just as I don't think we'll be seeing any more Rogue One figures maybe ever. Maybe the occasional vintage series figure, but they'll be rare and I doubt Qi'ra will make the cut.
By Lance Quazar
YAK_Chewie wrote:Well, Disney is so big on getting female characters out there, I would not be surprised at all if she's in TVC later. I pretty much expect she will be. I know I want a good SA figure of her for certain.

:wink:

I'm so certain this won't happen I'll make you the following deal: If they make a Qi'ra figure (ANY outfit) in the Vintage or other 3.75" SA line within the next five years, I'll buy it for you!
By darth_sidious
If they were to do a SA 3.75 Qira, I certainly hope its in a different outfit than the basic figure. I'm honestly not expecting much from Solo, especially considering how poorly its doing compared to previous movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro halted production or cancelled items that have yet to be announced.
By Lance Quazar
darth_sidious wrote:If they were to do a SA 3.75 Qira, I certainly hope its in a different outfit than the basic figure. I'm honestly not expecting much from Solo, especially considering how poorly its doing compared to previous movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro halted production or cancelled items that have yet to be announced.

Rogue One did really well, but where are the extra Rogue One toys? We have the hovertank, which is nice, but no figures are on the horizon. Maybe the odd figure will show up here and there, but remember a year and a half ago when we were taking bets on which Rogue One figures would get the black series treatment? And how many did? Zip!

I think this will be standard for the "Standalone" movies (in whatever form they now take.) Very limited retail support from Hasbro and a one-and-done pattern.
By Jodo
I'm going to need to side with Lance on this one...If we get more than four SA figures per film we should count ourselves lucky. We already have Han, Enfys, and the two troopers revealed for Solo, but one of those is even a stupid Walmart exclusive.

For Rogue One we had Cassian, June, and the Scarif Trooper. TLJ presented us with Rose, Pratorian, Luke, and the Stormtrooper. TFA gave us the most so far: Rey, Poe, (lots of) Finn, the regular Stormtrooper, Han, Leia, and Phasma. That's not very much! :(
By darth_sidious
One of the issues with RO, was how kids responded to the line - or didn't for that matter. Collectors seemed pretty engaged, but kids weren't all that wrapped up in RO toys. I wonder if the same will be true for Solo, based on ticket sales, they surely wont sell figures of characters if people haven't seen the movie. There is a core group of collectors that buy anything & everything before the movie, but the casual fans, kids, parents, and gift givers might overlook most of the Solo line, save for Chewie and some troopers if they didn't have interest in the movie...
By Lance Quazar
Jodo wrote:I'm going to need to side with Lance on this one...If we get more than four SA figures per film we should count ourselves lucky. We already have Han, Enfys, and the two troopers revealed for Solo, but one of those is even a stupid Walmart exclusive.

For Rogue One we had Cassian, June, and the Scarif Trooper. TLJ presented us with Rose, Pratorian, Luke, and the Stormtrooper. TFA gave us the most so far: Rey, Poe, (lots of) Finn, the regular Stormtrooper, Han, Leia, and Phasma. That's not very much! :(

Well, technically, Rogue One also had the Death Trooper. So that's the same across post-TFA films - R1, Solo and TLJ with four and only four each.

Which stinks big time. And the Mimban trooper is Walmart exclusive??? UGH.

I dunno, a part of me would rather see less 5POA figures released if they could concentrate on SA. So, I'd happily do without Val and Rio from the Solo line if it meant we got an SA version of Beckett instead. I dunno. But I think the line is going to continue to constrict in the days and years ahead as SW fatigue continues.
By Jodo
Lance Quazar wrote:
Jodo wrote:I'm going to need to side with Lance on this one...If we get more than four SA figures per film we should count ourselves lucky. We already have Han, Enfys, and the two troopers revealed for Solo, but one of those is even a stupid Walmart exclusive.

Well, technically, Rogue One also had the Death Trooper. So that's the same across post-TFA films - R1, Solo and TLJ with four and only four each.

Which stinks big time. And the Mimban trooper is Walmart exclusive??? UGH.

I dunno, a part of me would rather see less 5POA figures released if they could concentrate on SA. So, I'd happily do without Val and Rio from the Solo line if it meant we got an SA version of Beckett instead. I dunno. But I think the line is going to continue to constrict in the days and years ahead as SW fatigue continues.

Crap, I cannot believe I forgot about my favorite trooper!!!!

I agree with your sentiment...Based on the lack of product moving around here, I would presume sales are not very strong in this region. Plus, most of these pegs still have TLJ product on them!
By reverendstrone
Just looking at the line-up of basic figures, we don't see anymore Solo figures until wave 4, and those aren't secondary or background characters. They are mains! How long will the movie have been gone from cinemas before that wave makes it to retail, if it even does? And in the meantime we have wave 3 to come, which doesn't have a single Solo figure in it. Based on past films' toy lines, will wave 4 even make it out or end up being consigned to e-tailers only? It's a bit friggin' depressing. This movie feels so under-served in toys. Where are all the Kessel droids? Or the droid fighting pit figures? It boggles my mind that we have no Patrol Trooper and Speederbike, or (slightly less surprising) Moloch's speeder. In years past these would have been no-brainers and been out day and date with the film,if not before.
By Jodo
Themed toys are a must. Someone mentioned it here before, but what other toys did the Ski Speeder interact with? Did the police patrol craft only hunt Rose and Finn?

They should have automatically produced Moloch's speeder and the patrol speeder bike for playability and interactivity. Otherwise, there isn't too much kids can do with the individual pieces to recreate movie scenes. Plus, I'm not apt to display them either, given my limited shelf space and no reason to display an incomplete scene.

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

More great submissions. mousedroidhoojib That a[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Picked up my fourth and final Gamorrean Guard this[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]

I will be going but only on Sunday due to scheduli[…]