Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthvlad
Trev wrote:Do we know how much this will be at retail? I might buy one just for the Wampa!

With the way the last round went; you might be lucky to get it at $5.00. But this line is $19.99 regular price.
By The Professor
My newest wampa is from 1980, so I’ll definitely pick this up!
By Imaculata
Yeah, I also still have one of those classic Kenner Wampa's. You know, the one made from plastic that slowly turns yellow when exposed to sunlight.

I would love to pick up a new Wampa thats all nice and detailed. Definitely getting this one.
By Trev
darthvlad wrote:
Trev wrote:Do we know how much this will be at retail? I might buy one just for the Wampa!

With the way the last round went; you might be lucky to get it at $5.00. But this line is $19.99 regular price.

That's what I figured. I might hold off and hopefully it'll be a similar case as this wave! It would be awesome to get this for less than $10 eventually! :)
By The Professor
Imaculata wrote:Yeah, I also still have one of those classic Kenner Wampa's. You know, the one made from plastic that slowly turns yellow when exposed to sunlight.

I would love to pick up a new Wampa thats all nice and detailed. Definitely getting this one.

The torso of mine is completely yellow. I tried the peroxide trick a while back but had little success.
By darthapathy
I toyed with the idea of picking up the Vader/Probe Droid set but never did. This one is a must have. I'll pick this set up, probably when it is first released and at full price.
By Imaculata
darthapathy wrote:I toyed with the idea of picking up the Vader/Probe Droid set but never did.

The Vader + Probedroid set is really nice. Especially because there aren't that many versions of the Probedroid to begin with (nor versions that are to scale, or are movie accurate). There's only one in the classic Kenner line that comes with a small playset, which I still don't have btw, but would like to get my hands on eventually. It's nice to have an updated version that has fully articulated arms and looks this good. They could have left out the dumb spring-loaded missile feature, but apart from that it's a great figure. Vader looks great too, and both him and the probedroid have force-link sounds.

Funny side story: None of my friends know much about Starwars collecting, so when I showed them the forcelink feature, they were stunned. Haha!

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]

Community fodder box...

Fodder box literally just arrived ten minutes ago.[…]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

I actually made a Squib (and have fodder for 3 mo[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

I'm really hoping droids win; I've got a couple pr[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

He looks pretty cool! Thanks! He wasn't too dif[…]

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Alien Pickpocket: He frequents the spaceport looki[…]