Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthapathy
Found and picked up the Wampa at Target earlier this evening. Opened him up and was quite pleased with it. The one negative was it seemed like a waste of packaging. They could've just as easy put Luke and Wampa in a deluxe carded package instead of the box.
By darth_sidious
Spotted more of the Solo line as well - basic figures, deluxe, and vintage - retail doesn't seem to be rushed to reset the pegs. WM especially seems to be falling behind, and I've noticed Hasbro reps are doing the job instead. I picked up the Rangetrooper, it reminds me of a concept design, not something that would have been approved for a movie.
By Imaculata
There's not a trace of any Solo related figures in my country. They are still stuck with tons of Rogue One and Last Jedi figures, plus even a few Force Awakens vehicles. So I made a huge order of 3.75 figures via Amazon for:

-Luke and Wampa
-Han Solo's Landspeeder
-Qi'ra
-Range Trooper
-Chewbacca
-Lando and Kessel Guard
-Max Kanada
-Stormtrooper (Mimban)
-Enfy's Nest Swoop Bike

So all that I'm missing is the Kessel Run Falcon (which aint pretty), and the Force Link 2.0 starter set (ugh, again more force link stuff).
By The Professor
I went to Target for the first time since they reset and found the remaining figures I wanted: Vintage Hoth Rebel Trooper and the Mudtrooper. I also picked up a Dr. Grant from the Jurassic World Legacy Collection.
By Imaculata
Well, my entire order of Solo 3.75 figures arrived just before the weekend. Hurray for Amazon. I am very happy with the new figures.

First of all, Luke and the Wampa. Initially I thought the multi-joined Wampa looked a bit off. But upon posing it (and it is really posable) it looks fantastic. They did a great job camouflaging the joints with bits of fur. Just a great figure. The detail on Luke is pretty good too.

Then there's all the Solo figures. The Mimban Stormtrooper is unique, because it has articulated wrists, so it can actually hold the gun with two hands. The Lando figure has an amazing combination of soft plastics that really make his clothes look good. Plus he has a holster for his gun. The Kessel Guard and the cannon look great. They did a great job on making Qi'ra's jacket look furry. I love the look of the Range Trooper. All of the other figures are okay. It was a bit tricky to get Chewy to hold his rifle, but I eventually got him to hold it.

Enfys Nest
has an actual cloth cape, which is noteworthy to point out. His Swoopbike has no action features, apart from the Forcelink 2.0 sounds.

Han's Landspeeder has an impact zone on the front of the vehicle, made of soft rubber, so it can crumble and uncrumble. This triggers his seat to spring up, and eject the figure sitting in it. A pretty unique feature for a Star Wars vehicle.

I don't have the Kessel Run Falcon yet. It looks really ugly, and I don't have the space for it right now in my living room.
By Lance Quazar
YAK_Chewie wrote:Found a freshly stocked case of 3.75" Solo yesterday at Walmart after work. Sweet. Got 2 range troopers and a mimban stormtrooper. So I have 2 of each now. Probably done with these until the next wave hits.

:wink:

I'm done until the next wave and all I have is Qi'ra and the landspeeder. I'm holding off buying Lando on the slim hope he eventually gets the SA treatment. Wish there were more actual Solo figures and not repacks in the first Solo wave. Seems like another miscalculation if they're trying to gin up interest in the movie.
By darth_sidious

Spotted this variant (image posted on RS by lordtyrannus) today and picked it up. I wonder how quickly they replaced it? All the Chewie figures I've seen until today were the original bandolier. Its certainly a big improvement. The deco on his "forehead" is also different. The older version had nearly no dark wash on the forehead, while the new version has a full wash, matching the darker paint around the eyes.
By UKHistory
I really want to take an Xacto knife to the rubbery hood and replace with an appropriate size piece of plastic. I can't it blue or make it rust color and add to the speeder's character.

Hate the rubber on this and the Attack of the Clones vehicles.
By Jodo
YAK_Chewie wrote:I gave my Solo speeder a brown wash:

It really makes it look better IMO, and makes the rubbery feature at the front not stand out so much.

Credit goes to forum member EMPIRE as I borrowed the idea from him!

Yeah, that looks a million times better!
By Lance Quazar
Jodo wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:I gave my Solo speeder a brown wash:

It really makes it look better IMO, and makes the rubbery feature at the front not stand out so much.

Credit goes to forum member EMPIRE as I borrowed the idea from him!

Yeah, that looks a million times better!

Agreed! Awesome job, Chewie!
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]