Basic Figure Assortment?!?

Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

MistaBinks
Forum Admin

Basic Figure Assortment?!?

Postby MistaBinks » Sat May 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Hello boyos,

It’s been a mere six years since I last posted. Still a big Star Wars fan just cut back on collecting. Not enough display room, higher prices, and overall lower quality pushed me out. I am absolutely stoked about Solo though. This movie is made for me.

I don’t collect anymore but I have two nephews ages 6 and 8. I got the collecting bug for this film so I thought I would buy them the Solo assortment to satisfy the itch. Hit a few Walmart’s and Targets. To my dismay you can’t purchase a basic single carded Han or Lando.

-You can’t buy a basic carded Han Solo for a movie called Solo.

-You can’t buy a basic carded Lando played by arguably the highest trending entertainer in the game right now.

Wow. I know it’s tired to crap on Hasbro. So I won’t. But damn! There are these entire demographic(s) of Donald Glover fans who would have dropped 8 bucks for a Lando figure. Just to have it. People who have never purchased a Star Wars collectible in their life. Donald Glover is that popular right now. That two pack doesn’t fit their need though.

I’m just really disappointed. I bought a Chewbacca and Range Trooper for each of them. Passed on the Mimban Trooper. I’d would have purchased Qi’ra if there was a Han or Lando to group with her.
Stand Up To Cancer.
Imaculata
Nerf Herder

Re: Basic Figure Assortment?!?

Postby Imaculata » Sun May 20, 2018 5:55 am

The Lando double pack is an awesome pack though. Why wouldn't you want both figures and that awesome cannon?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon May 21, 2018 8:53 am

I think he was basically saying that Han and Lando were both worthy of single card releases at the onset of the line... though I do agree, the Lando/Kessel guard 2-pk is a good set.

:wink:
MistaBinks
Forum Admin

Postby MistaBinks » Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Target has new displays up in the aisle between electronic and toys. The display had TVC, the nerf blasters, the speeder, the rahtars, but no basic carded Solo figures. Geez.
Stand Up To Cancer.

Return to “Solo (2018-?)”