Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
I think based off their scale in the movie, these droids a bit too big for 3.75" scale, but way too small for 6" scale.

I think we're used to seeing droids without humanoid form being astromech size - but it seems these are supposed to be larger droids.

:wink:
By darth_sidious
That's a better picture - they do seem to be in the middle of the scales. The sculpts, deco, weathering etc all look good for $5 figures. If Hasbro released these they'd probably be $8 each. Disney might snatch the license back and start their own basic line! I'd love $5 basic figures and $10 2-packs! I'm interested to see you or Jayson review them, and whether the plastic quality / durability is at the same level.
By YAK_Chewie
Agreed... they are 3.75" tall, but perhaps not 3.75" scale.

Also both would probably look a lot cooler if they were about 25% smaller... however, I was always under the impression that there were some taller power droids out there too and quite a few models.

:wink:
By StooperZero
I like the cylinder one, I'd remove it's attachments and fill in the holes leave one white and another green with rust spots.

Those gonks just look like 2 tupperware totes stacked on each other. :lol:
By ImperialOfficer
I saw solo again today, and the white one seemed to be human size while the other one was gonk droid size
By reverendstrone
It looks to me like there are at least three droids in that fighting pit.

There's the gonk unit, WG-22; the whitish cylindrical droid, FD3-MN: and a reddish droid with a big circular eye that L3 addresses directly. Apologies for the image quality (or lack thereof). A buddy of mine surreptitiously snapped these in the cinema to try and settle the question of identifying the droids and their respective sizes. Annoyingly, they aren't covered in the Visual Guide.

As far as calculating height goes, the floor of the fighting pit also appears to be raised when compared to the audience area in which L3 is crouching, so I think we need to subtract some height from any droids we compare with her to account for both her lean and the stage. Clint Howard isn't a big guy, but he seems a good head or more taller than the white droid, FD3-MN.

I make stuff too!

Here's a group shot I took over the weekend; every[…]

The 16th Trial: Caverns of Death

Thanks for the preview feedback, might be able to […]

received my Klaatu figures from Hasbro Pulse today[…]

I agree she goes better with the theme. But I'm g[…]

TVC Skiff guard 3-pack

I only need Vedain out of this set, but I'm excit[…]

TVC 2019 Discussion

If they offer solid cases of the Stormtrooper, I g[…]

Retro Vintage Figures

These look fun. I have a lot of Vintage figures, […]