Image Image Image Image Image

TCW S3: 11/12/10 "Hunt for Ziro"

Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

The Professor
Forum Admin

TCW S3: 11/12/10 "Hunt for Ziro"

Postby The Professor » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 pm

"Love comes in all shapes and sizes."

Synopsis: Cad Bane has broken Ziro the Hutt out of prison and the Hutt Council demands that Ziro tell them where he's hidden vital -- and incriminating -- information. Ziro makes another daring escape with the help of Sy Snootles, and Bane is back on the Hutt's trail -- but he's not the only one. The Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos need to find him too. Now it's a race to get to Ziro before it's too late.

Key Characters: Ziro the Hutt, Sy Snootles, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Quinlan Vos, Cad Bane, Todo 360
Key Locales: Coruscant, Nal Hutta, Teth, Tatooine

------------------

I really enjoyed this episode. Someone over at TFN's boards made a joke about Snootles and Ziro! It was great to see them proven right! I was really surprised to see her kill him. I knew he was going to die based on the preview, but the reveal of Snootles as the murderer surprised me in a good way.

Hopefully, we'll see Vos put to some more use later. He was all over the episode, but I didn't get a great sense of his character. His abilities at tracking were cool.

Also, I really liked the Mama Hutt! She reminded me of the old woman from last year's "The Frog Princess."
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Re: TCW S3: 11/12/10 "Hunt for Ziro"

Postby Grimace » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 pm

O
M
G

the

BEST

Clone Wars

episode

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
99%
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Good episode indeed, I'm just mad now that we're gonna have to compete with kids for gamorrean guards ;-)
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
HAAKO8
Nerf Herder

Postby HAAKO8 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:10 pm

I didnt see the preview for the episode so I crapped my pants when Ziro got killed. I thought he was an interesting character, but that doesnt mean I'm sad he died. :mrgreen:
heybert17
Scavenger

Postby heybert17 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:03 am

The "Goodness" must have been lost on me, I thought this was one of the most ridiculous episodes yet. Never liked Ziro, hated Ziro's Mom, thought Sy speaking english with that annoying voice was stupid. Basically except for the last couple minutes, which was over too quickly, I thought the whole episode was a waste of time.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 pm

What a brilliant episode! Where do i start?

We saw Nal Hutta, so cool

Sy Snottle, i used to think was a boring character until now, and i knew there had to be a way she was in Jabba's good books.

The Twilek dancers were great and Gamorrean Guards!

Ziro dying was sad i liked him, but his momma (I assume Jabba's grandmother) was so gross and huge, i liked the idea that females get larger.

A Hutt burial practice was interesting too, but it puzzled me as i thought Hutts were hermaphrodites? Ziro has a mum and dad, so does that mean Jabba has a mate with him having Rotta?

Vos was great was worried at first he was going to be a cowabunga dude but no he was cool.

The fight scene at the end was really good, loved all of Banes tricks.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Heh, did anyone else expect Willy Scott to appear behind those dancers? Man, that's the opening scene of The Temple of Doom all over again, haha! Very nice nod to that scene.

I never liked Ziro much, but I did dig his looks. Which I can't say for all those other Hutts. One looks like Marlon Brando and the other with the monocle looks like a straight repaint from the DeNiro shark in Shark Bait. Mama Hutt was over the top though... hilarious!

And while it's cool to finally see Quinlan in action, I don't really like what they made of him. He's way too cocky. Well, he probably is, but to me Quinlan is a much darker persona.

Also weird: the 3PO unit translating Jabba's words to Sy Snootles? Huh?!

An average episode, imho.
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 pm

I think the Protocol Droid was translating for the benefit of kids, same as Sy and Greedo speaking English; i think fans tend to forget kids can't read subtitle, so having english or one character indicating what another says is the only way. This was not directly at you Incom i've seen this issue as a regular occurance.

Also i found this had more of an OT feel, makes you wonder what an CGI OT series would be like?
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
heybert17
Scavenger

Postby heybert17 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:44 pm

This show isn't for little kids that can't read. It is on at 9:00 at night, has multiple deaths per episode and is rated TVPG, so the kids excuse for all the english speaking and translating is not necessarily correct. I would put the target audience at 10+, at that age they should be able to read.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 am

Ok then get a ten year old to sit there and read off subtitles? :P
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 am

Paulskywalker wrote:Ok then get a ten year old to sit there and read off subtitles? :P

No problem. Here in Holland we grow up with watching subtitled tv shows and movies. In Germany the majority of programs is dubbed in German, although I believe that has lessened somwhat over the past years. :)
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Quinlan Vos reminded me of a cross between "Billy" from Predator and "Billy Jack"
goalieman0820
Scavenger

Postby goalieman0820 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:08 pm

I thought this was a great episode except for one thing. I am confused as to when Ziro was broken out. Is this referring back to the hostage crisis episode, or was he broken out again because I thought Aurra Sing was captured now? This has been bugging me.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:16 pm

It assumes Aurra broke out before hostage crisis, then this came after that.

Return to “The Clone Wars (Movie / Animated Series)”