Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By The Professor
"Truth can strike down the spectre of fear."

Synopsis: Padmé, Bail Organa, and Onaconda Farr attempt to rally Senators in opposition to a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troops and have disastrous financial consequences for the Republic. Their opposition to the measure, however, soon makes them targets for intimidation and attacks by hired guns.

Key Characters: Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa, Onaconda Farr, Chancellor Palpatine, Teckla Minnau, Halle Burtoni, Robonino, Chata Hyoki

Key Locales: Coruscant
By stroebel83
like the scenery in this episode
liked Robino in the episode, but seeing him physically active takes away from the "mad bomber" persona he had imho
didn't really like Onaconda Farr, never really did.
thanks for the heads up that this is a prequel but shouldn't the show tip us off in some way?
and JTA made a point about the social reform and healthcare, it does sound out of sort in Star Wars
although I know even episode 2 seemed to follow some of the governmental realities
I never assumed the Senate was the UN of space
I kind of assumed they all had their own types of governing models outside human understanding
Now I wonder are the seps pushing for a communist galaxy vs the galactic republics?
the episode wasn't bad, just different than what I think of when I think of Star Wars
More shooting, more fights, and more smashy smashy imho
By The Professor
Well, hopefully the Savage Opress episodes will return the show to form. I did enjoy this episode. I was a bit surprised since there's not a lot going on. Padme's speech was pretty good. I did enjoy seeing Palpatine show his evil side at the end.

I agree that too much modern day commentary can be a little taxing (pun intended). It's always good to have some basis in reality to make the show relevant, but they could have afforded being less on the nose. Oh, well. I loved "The West Wing," so I probably enjoy these episode more than most people.
By The Professor
Oh, and I wanted to add something about this being a prequel. Apparently, it will be the last prequel for a long time. The show's back on track. "Senate Murders" is the most "recent" episode. So, once the new Opress/Ventress arcs get going, we'll be in totally new territory. This is all indicated by the new Jedi models for Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan which premiered in "Heroes on Both Sides."
By Paulskywalker
Your always gonna get contemporary politics in a show, look at the "suicide droid" reference at the begining!

Ok episode, really liked the Speeder chase, very ROTJ.
Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

This is an upcoming character for my AVP Photonove[…]

Kirkwood had him... might have one left. I think […]

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was […]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

Nice job on the Ugor. Now you need to make a Squib[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Alien Pickpocket: He frequents the spaceport looki[…]

My alien/Separatist love is about to shine through[…]

I don't collect 6" prequel figures... But... […]

I've been seeing your stuff pop up in a group on F[…]