Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By Theo Zissou
"I am not part of the dark—simply deeper in the shadows."
— Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos was a Jedi Master in the waning years of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order, and was also a General in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He hailed from the planet Kiffu in the Inner Rim.

With long, dreadlocked hair and a band of pale yellow across his upper face, Vos was gifted with psychometric powers which allowed him to "read memories" from inanimate objects through physical contact.

Vos had an ongoing struggle with the dark side of the Force, particularly after he sustained recurrent amnesia after overdosing on an illegal drug administered by an enemy shortly after the Battle of Naboo. The Sith Lords Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus both showed an interest in him.

He was a prominent participant in the Clone Wars, one of the few survivors of the Great Jedi Purge and, along with his lover Khaleen Hentz, fathered a son named Korto Vos.

also

Recent news of a Star Wars live-action TV show being created sometime in the future has surfaced, and it is speculated that Vos may be one of the characters in the show that is slated to take place in the 19 years between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. George Lucas himself is said to have requested that Quinlan survive The Hidden Enemy arc, possibly because of plans for an appearance in the TV series.

woo hoo!! :D
By Delta_82
ahhh i see. thanks.
By mastercasello
Roton7 wrote:Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea!

Maybe in the show, Boba Fett will be in disguise as a clone, but since he looks just like them, no one will notice!

Eh? Great idea, right?

or maybe the show won't be about the crappy bounty hunter boba fett :lol:
By Delta_82
Boba Fett is not Crappy.
By jaykerouac
A mix would be good. And if semi-popular actors are cast, they should be few and far between.
By Cobalt
Roton7 wrote:No, because it will attract the attention away from the show itself--like how Samuel L. Jackson helped make Star Wars famous, since he's actually a popular movie star. If Leonardo DaCaprio would have played Anakin, it would have ruined the prequels because he would be the whole focus of the movies for anyone who isn't already a star wars fan.

I don't think Samual L. Jackson had anything to do with Star Wars becoming famous. Even just the prequels.
By yodascorch
I think they should NOT get any famous Actor/Actress to play any of the charaters for the TV show...
Why...it certainly will take away from the Show..and when youv'e seen an actor play in another movie or show its hard to get it out of your head.
Just as when Star Wars first came out..no one really new the Actors/Actresses and I still think thats one of the reasons among many reasons why it was so successful.
Imagine Arnold (I'll be Back) or Madonna (I think I heard this somewhere that George was thinking of her).
Oh well..Just my opinoin.

I will still watch it regardless. :roll:
Most of the rumors that have floated my way seem to point to the series focusing on background characters, with the emphasis on bounty hunters. I would speculate this to include Boba Fett, possibly Aurra Sing, Some random bounty hunters chasing down Jedi. If people are chasing down Jedi, i would imagine we would see clone(storm)troopers, possibly even a hand or an inquisitor maybe. At this point though, I would watch it regardless.

As for acting talent, I would prefer the show feature budding talent, not stars or fresh faces. This way you get people capable of acting, but not the glare from a "star" or the risk of casting someone who will be detrimental to your show. The best talent pool to raid for this, I would think, would be people who have been main or supporting cast for SciFi serial television in the recent past, but whose careers have not "Taken off" since the end of their previous gig. They are already used to serial television, have some chops, and are not afraid of the SciFi label (having already been in scifi). Just my two cents there.

Also, what is the hooplah over this Vos character? i've read some of his comic exploits, but still don't understand his appeal?

Marev
By Coookieemonster
Makes two of us Marev, I cant see what everyone is getting excited about over this character. Seriously he aint that impressive.
By jedibyron
actually Vos is perfect for what we've heard about this series...

Vos blends both Jedi and rouge or pirate... he's a powerful Jedi that is at the fringe of the order... i mean he fell to the dark side and was redeemed... he's prone to emotions, i mean he falls in love.... so the way i see him is kind of an amalgamation of han solo and anakin skywalker if he'd not turned to the dark side or had been redeemed earlier in his "career"

what makes him so cool is the fact that all those folds and facets of the character make him very interesting and give lots of potential for growth and development.
By Coookieemonster
I still cant see it, to me Vos is just another Wolverine from the X-Men (an overrated character, who's appeal is for the fan boys).

I would like to see a continuation from TFU game and the building of the Rebellion, and the Stealing of the Death Star Plans in one episode - which means the introduction of Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors in the Live Star Wars, what I dont want to see is Jedi Knights all over the place.
By StooperZero
IMHO They should do this IN a Story Telling Fashion...

Hour long Episodes detailing the life/times of certain obscure characters

Just think of Tales of the bounty Hunters or Tales from Jabbas palace on screen.

Awesome, I certainly will enjoy that FO Stormtroop[…]

Raylen and I were on the galaxy of toys podcast th[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Found and purchased one of these bad boys at a Tar[…]

Rebolt w/ Corellian Hound

Completely agree! Really dig this set. I hope to[…]

My AT-DT's came in yesterday from https://megalopo[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

They all look great! I was thinking the other day […]

Found these two FINALLY today! Sent one off to YAK[…]

Walmart and TVC

Jodo do you know if those stores made space for T[…]