Moderators: MistaBinks, Yakface.com Staff

By Arc_Trooper77
It all depends on the cast, really.
By Captain Pierce
It would also depend on the budget, effects and such and so on
By JediJman
I think these are important, but far less relevant than plot. The successful shows today are full of interesting, relevant plot twists. It all depends on what part of the SW universe they decide to focus on, then making some interesting stories out of that. I'm way less concerned about FX and actors than I am about the writing.

Regardless of how bad it is, I will be watching. :D
By DnJcustoms
From what I've heard, the live action show will cover the 18 year period from the end of RotS to the beginning of ANH, with each episode being a stand-alone story. Supposedly, we will see a few characters we know, but mostly a lot of new introductions.
By jedibyron
i can see it working well.... it's supposed to focus on the underbelly of the SW universe during the dark times.... no Jedi, no Sith.... just normal average humans both in the Rebellion and in the Empire.... i think they show could be successful if they take the BSG tack.... suitably adult themes and moral ambiguity.... i'd love to see some criminal elements working both sides... or the Empire shown to not be entirely terrible, or Rebel elements doing less than savory things to accomplish goals....

and if the cast is talented enough, the directors and writers are talented enough.... i think it will be a great success...
By raziel
:? I think that it will be so - so like the Clone wars tv show.

So far for example, the clone wars has given us nothing except for a padawan of Anakins that was never mentioned before the series even tho the rest of the stuff is set cannically later in the history.

If series two fails to give us Master Vos or Bail Organa actually doing anything heroic then then what was the point :roll:

Sure we saw Plo-Koon, Kit fisto, Aayla Secura have accents . . .

The live action series needs to bring the esscence of the Original trilogy back istead of relying on ILM for everything.

:arrow: I still don't see why Lucas doesn't continue Lukes story now, ok the Sith are defeated but there are other enemies & situations to contend with.

Lets face it Lucas is a cruddy director, the best starwars films had him do less!
By DnJcustoms
raziel wrote::? I think that it will be so - so like the Clone wars tv show.

So far for example, the clone wars has given us nothing except for a padawan of Anakins that was never mentioned before the series even tho the rest of the stuff is set cannically later in the history.

If series two fails to give us Master Vos or Bail Organa actually doing anything heroic then then what was the point :roll:

Sure we saw Plo-Koon, Kit fisto, Aayla Secura have accents . . .

The live action series needs to bring the esscence of the Original trilogy back istead of relying on ILM for everything.

:arrow: I still don't see why Lucas doesn't continue Lukes story now, ok the Sith are defeated but there are other enemies & situations to contend with.

Lets face it Lucas is a cruddy director, the best starwars films had him do less!

Wow, such negativity! Here is my take on the series so far:

I find The Clone Wars to be anything but "so-so". My kids and I enjoy it quite thoroughly every single week. There have been numerous continuity issues, but that's been the case ever since Marvel started doing comics. It continued (and worsened) with books, TV shows and more comics, but that's to be expected. The bigger something gets, the harder it is to keep the details straight. The most important thing The Clone Wars has given us is entertainment, and on that front I feel that it has delivered every week with resounding success.

If what I hear is true, my little ones will not be watching the live-action show. It is rumored to be very dark, gritty and dealing with more adult themes (yes, just like BSG). It has been rumored (yeah, because nobody is talking on the record) that several actors from the 6 films have expressed interest in making occasional appearances. Vader, forinstance, is someone who will be referred to, but will likely not appear as a major player. I expect to see the lives of smugglers, bounty hunters, Imperials, and even the occasional lone Jedi still struggling to escape Order 66. I can't wait!
By JediJman
Frankly, I'm shocked to see any fan of SW not excited about a live action series. I've yet to find an EU story I don't like and there's tons of rich material available for stories between E3 and E4. I think they've done a terrific job with the Clone Wars franchise this past year and expect a live series to be just as good if not better. Hey, its Star Wars - that's pretty much a guaranteed success no matter what they churn out (cough cough Phantom Menace cough cough).
By YAK_Chewie
I'm very excited by the upcoming series... in my opinion, Star Wars has gotten better and better since EPI, with ROTS being the highlight, and Clone Wars keeping things interesting.

I feel the new show has a ton of potential, and don't see why it won't generate a huge audience (and a hell of a lot of new toys for Hasbro to pump out).

The time between ROTS and ANH is just about the most interesting for me anyway (after KOTOR era), I love the idea of a galaxy under the iron fist of the Empire, with small factions forming to oppose the Emperor... hee hee

:wink:
By Captain Pierce
I am with you on that under the iron fist Chewie it'd be sweet to actually see the rebels in the early stages bases being taken, people enslaved, empire occupation the whole shabang, it would definitely be sweet but i'd take EU as well, it'd be interesting to say the least, heck he could even throw us a live action clone wars not kid style or for kids it'd have to be sci fi because it'd be maturely rated 16+ or something you know wars have blood death all the such that should be shown and isnt in the cartoon could be....Possibilities are limitless
By raziel
:lol: for all the "oo I'm excited" peeps - I hear you BUT

what has the new clonewars actually gave us in terms of story & info about characters & events?

Nice how that issue was skitted past . . .

YES this new live action series COULD be extremely cool, but as I said it needs more than just great images - ILM is a pioneer but apart from fleshing out the clones I fail to really see any amazing revelations so far.

I am actually an avid fan of the new CLONEWARS tv show but it has had some extremely pointless episodes . . . seeing Ryloth was a treat . . . Padme's Nemoidian uncle ....... :roll:

If as I have said elsewhere some of the characers from droids are in the live action series it could be awesome BUT I really hope we dont get ANOTHER sith to use as the main badguy to kinda keep Vader lurking elsewhere.

YES the character may look cool but how many more of these unheard ofs do we need . . . . . Cad Bane I am peeing myself about tho :wink:

:!:
By DnJcustoms
Raz, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I see where you're coming from and, in fact, I agree with much of it. I hope they do not feel the need to create a bunch of new Sith-wannabes. Telling stories about Force-users that have already been identified is another matter. I'd have no problem seeing an episode featuring the Inquisitorious (the Force-adepts Vader uses to hunt down the Order 66 escapees).

We just have a different point of view on it. I guess I'm really not concerned with too many big revelations. They are cool, but if I ask myself "was I entertained?" and the answer is "yes", then I'm happy.

The reason I'm so excited about the new show is that when I first heard about the possibility of a live-action show, I remember it being suggested as a non-serialized thing. In other words, each episode would be it's own story and they need not be watched in any particular order. I'm sure they'd probably have a couple of 2-part or 3-part episodes, but there is something to be said for the one-shot idea. I have no clue what direction this show will ultimately take, but how cool would it be to see teenaged Han Solo as a background character? Or an episode featuring CorSec Officer Hal Horn? Or an episode showing the members of a previously nameless and faceless TIE fighter squadron? Or what is life like for a young recruit in the Imperial Academy on Carida? These are the kind of things I'd like to see. Given what you said about new information on characters and events, I think you might like it, too.

Of course, we're still a long way from actually seeing what they've dreamed up...
By raziel
8) Mr Lucas might just twist that little bad boy right over ...

The revelation that Palpatine has a sister who, being spoiled immensely caused him a huge amount of resentment during his childhood - especially when she lost his first ship (the milennium falcon) in a game of chance.
Trying to get it back from a smuggler on Endor an evil Sith Lord feels the resentment within him & decides to train him in the dark arts.

If it is Lucas & Rick "I'm not even a fan of starwars I just like sniffing around rich guys" McCallum involved then I wouldn't be too hopeful that anything like CorSec will be included.

G - cannon wipes the floor with anything else.

I do hope that your right to be excited - but there are some scars I am yet to heal from.

*Greedo shoots first
*Darth Vader makes 3PO
*Every stormtrooper actually looks like Boba Fett
*They will never name what species Yoda is.
*Chewbacca helped Yoda escape the purge
*THE IS NO STORY AFTER ROTJ - AAAAAAAAH yes there is :twisted:

:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I make stuff too!

Great stuff here! Lots of great use of parts and […]

Community fodder box...

Thanks for letting us know. Even though it'll be […]

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]