Check out items from Kotobukiya, Medicom/Kubrick, Marvel, Disney and more!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
Well, I guess the good news is that there’s only about a dozen things I want between those two shops. The unfortunate part is that those items cost about $4000 dollars.
By Lance Quazar
Cool. I was just there yesterday! Had an amazing time.

I didn't buy any merch except for a very nice postcard book and the Imperial rank badges.

Unfortunately, the rank badges attack with a long, thin magnet that you put on the other side of your clothing. The magnet isn't super strong and, at one point, the badge fell off.

Not wanting to lose it, I put both in my bag....and then later lost the magnet.

The staff at Doc Ondar's were delightful and replaced the set after I explained the situation. I kept the new set in the box so it wouldn't happen again! (The young woman at the shop who helped me was also the MOST enthusiastic person in terms of playing her Batuuan "character.")

I wanted to buy a Resistance keychain with the hidden symbol (like Rose's ring from TLJ), but they were out!

Lots of other stuff that I almost bought, but with the skiff and the skiff guard 3 pack and the SDCC figures I recently got and so many other recent vintage releases....I've spent too much on SW lately, so I decided to take a break.
By darthvlad
Lance Quazar wrote:(The young woman at the shop who helped me was also the MOST enthusiastic person in terms of playing her Batuuan "character.")

Jodo, did your friend get a position at GE at WDW?
By Jodo
darthvlad wrote:
Lance Quazar wrote:(The young woman at the shop who helped me was also the MOST enthusiastic person in terms of playing her Batuuan "character.")

Jodo, did your friend get a position at GE at WDW?

No she didn’t. That means I can still go! Lmao

I went through all that website’s pages for the merchandise, and I think realistically, I would buy around 10 items. I want two Imperial flag displays, the Imperial jumpsuit, an Imperial Officer cap, Officer ranks, the monkey lizard puppet, the three build a droid sets, and the KOTOR looking Astomech droid. Maybe the lamp that Yoda takes from Luke would be something I buy too, but I think it’s probably plastic.
By darthvlad
Jodo wrote:the three build a droid sets,

Which are those? :thinking: The Color-changing ones?

Well, I might be able to pick something up for you when I'm there...
By Jodo
Lance Quazar wrote:
Jodo wrote:Maybe the lamp that Yoda takes from Luke would be something I buy too, but I think it’s probably plastic.

It's not.

;)

I have an obscure prop hard on now! :oops: :shock:

darthvlad wrote:
Jodo wrote:the three build a droid sets,

Which are those? :thinking: The Color-changing ones?

Well, I might be able to pick something up for you when I'm there...

I may have to take you up on this!!! All I really want is a black Imperial Officer cap that fits me. Anovos sent me the wrong size two years ago and I’ve never bought a correct sized one! Though that black jumpsuit would sure make for an easy Halloween costume this year too!
By WOOOF
I really got to start saving up for this. I have a feeling it's going to be even better next year as more rides become available.
By Lance Quazar
Somehow I lost the magnet on my replacement Imperial rank badge! And all i did was show it to a friend who was over for dinner!

This means it's gotta be in the backyard somewhere....but, UGH. So I bought a far more powerful bar magnet to replace it, which should actually do the job much better than the original one.

And, in the meatime, my gf surprised me with the Rose-inspired resistance keychain! Whooo! She has a friend who goes to the park often and asked her to get it.

I definitely have a much larger shopping list for my next trip. I think the wooden dejarik table is a must.
By Utinniii
I have 2 lists of wants
The first is my "greedy go nuts list" and it has things I see and want but will probably not buy if I see it in hand. There are thousands of credits of cool stuff.
The second is a much smaller and realistic list.
What I actually leave with is another thing.
The strange astromech keychain is a must, and the wind up spider is very likely. I will have to see the monkey lizards in hand before I make up my mind on them (but I really wanted the Avatar dragon puppets so Crumb will make a great alternative buy. I keep flipping on which color to go.
I'll also probably wind up with some BAD droids.
I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]